Peanut Butter & Banana Sandwiches

Options
13»

Replies

• tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    Options
    Lucknawi wrote: »
    Hi... I honestly wouldn't suggest you use peanut butter unless you use PB2, it's lower calorie for sure... peanut butter generally is high fat and carb and not high enough protein to counter and is about 100 calories per tablespoon while bananas, which are amazing, are also high in carbs (good fibre but high sugar). If you like sweet try having a fruit and protein powder smoothie that is peanut butter flavored (why not banana and pb flavored... you get the same thing!)

Also it's just my suggestion, I don't know you very well and don't know what your macro balance is and why you were choosing a PB&Banana sandy for breakfast so I am just giving my two cents on what I do know :)

I am more of an egg whites and a sprinkle of cheese for breakfast kind of person, high protein, moderate fat and low carb!

Ugh, no. PB2 is horrible. The healthiest part of the peanut (and peanut butter) is the fat. You know, the part that PB2 gets rid of... Absolute waste.
  • 999tigger
    999tigger Posts: 5,235 Member
    Options
    hgwill78 wrote: »
    I eat a PB&B sandwich almost daily for breakfast before I run. I've lost about 70 pounds, but I can tell you it has nothing to do with the sandwich and everything to do with sticking to my daily calorie goal. I eat them because I like them.

This +1. I have the same as a change for my pre workout snack. Be careful as like most sandwiches it has a fair few calories, but it will give you the complex carbs you need for the workout. Calories and hitting deficits is what help you lose weight.

As for the claorie deabte then OP you should be eating a minimum of 1200 and id say soemthing like 1400-1500 is better, but good luck anyway.