What are you looking forward to when you reach your goal?

Options

Replies

• Meg_Shirley_86
    Meg_Shirley_86 Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    I was my heaviest when I got married, and I''m actually lighter now even though I'm 8 months pregnant than I was at the time. I haven't felt very sexy for most of my marriage so far, and after I have the little one, hope to recover as well or better than I did when I had my oldest (I bounced back very well, and I'm grateful). It will be nice to be in a more attractive physique for the remainder of my marriage. A few months ago, I put on a babydoll and stockings to pique his interest and was told that I looked absolutely ridiculous. I don't want to hear that again.
  • GnomeLove
    GnomeLove Posts: 379
    Options
    Also, just not feeling like a heffalump.
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,401 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Being able to eat 3000-3500 calories. I hate being only able to eat 2500... still starving!
  • GnomeLove
    Options
    I was my heaviest when I got married, and I''m actually lighter now even though I'm 8 months pregnant than I was at the time. I haven't felt very sexy for most of my marriage so far, and after I have the little one, hope to recover as well or better than I did when I had my oldest (I bounced back very well, and I'm grateful). It will be nice to be in a more attractive physique for the remainder of my marriage. A few months ago, I put on a babydoll and stockings to pique his interest and was told that I looked absolutely ridiculous. I don't want to hear that again.

Wow, dude...your husband sounds mean. : /
  • degan2011
    degan2011 Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    New cute business attire that fits.
    Bikini
    not eating at a deficit :drinker:
  • for2day
    for2day Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    First being healthy for my family - second, just for me and third....:)))....make my husband drool at his hot wife - LOL!!!
  • ElizabethKat1644
    Options
    Not being tortured at school anymore because of my weight.
  • newmein2013
    newmein2013 Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    I used to have all sorts of ideas like certain clothing, etc. Now, nothing! I've had so many setbacks since I started in August 2011 that at this point, everything is second nature to me. I'm very pleased with what I've learned about nutrition & exercise. I'm pleased with how I push my body to its limits & the results I've achieved and continue to achieve. I ran a 10k, I do one arm/one leg planks, I lift weights & my labwork is awesome. It's taking me a lot longer than I had originally expected but it worked out for the best. I'm doing things now that I never imagined possible. It's now a huge part of who I am. So however long it takes for me to get to my goal weight and what happens when I do get there, no longer matters. "Life's a journey, not a destination." --- Ralph Waldo Emerson
  • Samstan101
    Samstan101 Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    I have a series of interim goals such as run a 5k, run a 10k, do a sprint triathlon but the biggest 2 are be able to fly and not need a seatbelt extender followed by be able to shop for clothes in normal shops and not ones just for over-size clothes (both of which I hope to achieve in the next 6 months). When I reach my final goal I'm really not sure as it seems too far away for now so I'm focussing on my next goal. I genuinely don't know what it will feel like to be a normal weight for my height as I don't think I have been in my adult life - I certainly haven't been fit & toned which I intend to be! Its actually kind of weird but exciting to even contemplate it :)

Edit as I just thought of one - sexy underwear! Bras that look pretty rather than doubling up as a source of industrial steel and tent material!
  • degan2011
    Options

Even if my husband thought that, he would NEVER say it :noway: ... he always appreciates any efforts I make to entice him... haha!:smooched: :flowerforyou:
  • rmcminn89
    rmcminn89 Posts: 37
    Options
    1) Being able to never have to say "Im on a diet" again!

2)Being able to wear cute clothes and not have to wonder "am I too fat for this??"

3) Being comfortable in my own skin & really feeling like "me" :)
  • hseipel12
    hseipel12 Posts: 26
    Options
    #1 - STAY THAT WEIGHT!
    #2 - Post before and after pictures on Facebook that say, "I lost it by eating 5 times a day, working my a** off, and NOT replacing meals with shakes!"
  • rmcminn89
    rmcminn89 Posts: 37
    Options
    1) Being able to never have to say "Im on a diet" again!

2)Being able to wear cute clothes and not have to wonder "am I too fat for this??"

3) Being comfortable in my own skin & really feeling like "me" :)
  • TheRightWeigh
    TheRightWeigh Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    Clothes I want to wear...Impeccably tailored suits...for when I actually wear a suit...

And not having to think so much about accomodating my size....planes, roller coasters, chairs, jet skis...

and just being "regular" sized...no more gawking...well...people may still comment on my height (i'm not THAT tall...only like 6'3''), but no more harping on my weight...and no more NFL allusions...i don't even like football.....
  • GnomeLove
    Options

Even if my husband thought that, he would NEVER say it :noway: ... he always appreciates any efforts I make to entice him... haha!:smooched: :flowerforyou:

Yeah, mine would be leaving the room with some wounds, because "Sammy from the block" would come out with a quickness. Just ignore the dumb outfit and be happy you are getting some.
  • Maridinger
    Maridinger Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Just to be sexy again and feel and look good in clothes.
  • Yella0606
    Yella0606 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I would love to not have to wear a grandma bathing suit to cover everything up.
    Buying my Jeans out of the Juniors Department would be fun.
    Muffin top gone!!
    Wearing some black tights and not feeling like a cow.
    People not calling me the “big” sister or “big” cousin.
  • degan2011
    Options

Yeah, mine would be leaving the room with some wounds, because "Sammy from the block" would come out with a quickness. Just ignore the dumb outfit and be happy you are getting some.
    Abso-freakin-lutely! :wink:
  • taidasrictar
    taidasrictar Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    be able to take my shirt off at the beach
    be able to fit into a compression shirt without having a lump in the belly region :laugh:
    look good in a suit
  • bluefox9er
    bluefox9er Posts: 2,917 Member
    Options
    just run another marathon. i lost weight to be healthy, i have never cared less what people think of my appearance.