High calorie drink ideas?

Options
13»

Replies

• chouflour
    chouflour Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    Eggnog totally saved me when I was out of town last week. It's hard to beat 200 calories per half cup. Many, many thanks to those of you who pointed out that I ought to take advantage of the season. As eggnog is disappearing from the shelves, I'm thinking that a rich chocolate drink might fill in the gap.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    chocolate milk is a standard go to recovery drink- it's nommy. drink up my friend.
  • SyntonicGarden
    SyntonicGarden Posts: 944 Member
    Options
    I'd be wary of the chia seeds, if you have gastroparesis. Maybe ask the gastroenterologist first. Not sure if the chia and the slow motility of the gut might be setting you up for possible problems later on.

If you're not lactose-intolerant, if you make a shake, throw in a spoon or two of peanut (or other nut) butter or protein powder.
  • ken14445
    ken14445 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    My grandmother's speech therapist likes Orgain brand shakes. the adult version has 255 calories, 16 grams of protein, and is organic. Has fruit and veggies in it but tastes like the chocolate,vanilla,or strawberry flavor on the label. Add a table spoon of flax seed oil, a half banana. Its about 12 oz, and pretty good for you(I hope). Her recent eating diary is public under screename ken14445. Working ok so far.
  • pebbleslaura1
    pebbleslaura1 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    chouflour wrote: »
    I drink a lot of smoothies, pebbleslaura1. I just consider them meals instead of beverages. The dietician pretty much said "Everyone's ability to digest is different - experiment and make everything you put in your mouth count." Along with some generic "low fat, low fiber, low sugar", which is remarkably low calorie.

I do have to watch fat and fiber - I'm nearing the upper bounds on fat, which seems to free up a little fiber. So if I move some fat and calories to beverages then I might get options like green vegetables back.

Yesterday I had a cup and a half of salad, which is an incredibly inefficient use of stomach capacity - but it tasted SO GOOD.

thanks for that :)