Replies

• dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,950 Member
    Options
    chocolate hamper? What's that?
  • pineapple_jojo
    pineapple_jojo Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    It's a food hamper but with chocolate in it :)
  • comback67
    comback67 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    As a former Personal Trainer (about to start again as well), I would love a gift card to GNC or the Vitamin Shoppe.
  • dbmata
    Options
    It's a food hamper but with chocolate in it :)

Like this?

child-wicker-laundry-hamper-fb.jpg

I'm still a little lost. lol. Basket?
  • laurasuzie3
    laurasuzie3 Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    To the people saying it's ridiculous to give a personal trainer a christmas gift: My aunt let her personal trainer, his wife, and 3 kids live with her family for two months after they got evicted from their apartment. THAT'S ridiculous.
  • dbmata
    Options
    Why'd he get evicted?
  • laurasuzie3
    laurasuzie3 Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    dbmata wrote: »
    Why'd he get evicted?

They didn't have enough money to pay rent, I believe. I vaguely remember something about him having multiple baby mammas that he had to pay child support to.
  • pineapple_jojo
    Options
    Lol dbmata! I think something is getting lost in translation here - not sure what Americans call a hamper!

Like this:

scg5npr0x1cg.jpg
  • pineapple_jojo
    Options
    Or this ( healthier version!!)

mm42nlws412n.jpg
  • dbmata
    Options
    GIFT BASKET! hahaha. I was getting a laugh for a minute... yeah, give them a place for their dirty gym clothes. lol.

laura- that's crazy.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,868 Member
    Options
    My trainer and I have a business relationship...if I went around handing out gifts to everyone I did business with, I'd be broke.
  • efink85
    efink85 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    According to Emily Post, it is polite to show appreciation in the form of a gift or the cost of one service session, to people who regularly provide a personal service. Personal is the major factor here, as is the regularity of the service. I only get a massage once or twice a year, I tip at the time of the service but not again during the holidays. I work with a personal trainer every week, I will give him a holiday bonus equal to one session cost. I don't consider mail delivery (sorry federal workers) or the local barista to be providing personal services, so they don't get anything.
  • dbmata
    Options
    cwolfman13 wrote: »
    My trainer and I have a business relationship...if I went around handing out gifts to everyone I did business with, I'd be broke.
    As a side note, I just got a nice cookie basket from getsatisfaction.com, and a mug from github.com