Scrambled Egg Muffins

Options
mygnsac
mygnsac Posts: 13,413 Member
edited December 2014 in Recipes
This was my first attempt at making these, and they were a big hit. I'm the worst omelette maker in the world, but I can do these.

Preheat oven to 390 degrees (200 C); scramble 6 eggs and stir in 6 tbs milk and whatever veggies, meat, cheese and seasonings you like; spray a 6-muffin muffin pan and pour egg mixture into pan; bake on the center rack of the oven for about 20 minutes; looses edges of "muffins" with a knife and they pop right out.

In my muffins today I added mushrooms, asparagus. brocolli, red bell pepper, chicken (left over from dinner last night), pecorino cheese, garlic salt and black pepper.

qjm6zjeafy55.jpg

e4v8eg5rlqnt.jpg

2djyauwjrx9f.jpg

They say you can freeze any leftover "muffins" and then reheat in the microwave.

Replies

• dklibert
    dklibert Posts: 1,196 Member
    Options
    Thanks! They look delicious.
  • baconslave
    baconslave Posts: 6,954 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the idea. I'm terrible at omelets, too. They end up being scrambled omelets.
  • mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Options
    Wow! These look great and so easy. Thanks for the idea.
  • mygnsac
    Options
    baconslave wrote: »
    Thanks for the idea. I'm terrible at omelets, too. They end up being scrambled omelets.

The only time I've ever made decent omlettes is when I used tons of oil or butter. Im a pro at the scrambled omlette too! :)

• Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Options
    mygnsac wrote: »
    baconslave wrote: »

The only time I've ever made decent omlettes is when I used tons of oil or butter. Im a pro at the scrambled omlette too! :)
    Thanks for sharing! :D

The recipe looks simple, delish and how can it fail. Also nice to have leftovers that can also freeze for later.

My best omelet were mistakes :# But they turned out fabulous.. they started out as scrambled eggs poured in the pan and I walked away for too long, they set. So I got out the cheese and folded it over and POOF! Perfect accidental omelet. t2808.gif
  • mygnsac
    edited December 2014
    Options
    I've made the occassional accidental omelette too. But when I go in trying to actually make an omlette, the egg gods always point and laugh at me. ;)

I had a couple of the muffins left over today and I've frozen them. Im curious to see how well they reheat. I'll try one tomorrow. If they reheat well, I'm going to make a bunch of them to freeze.
  • snowflake930
    snowflake930 Posts: 2,188 Member
    Options
    I make a similar recipe. They freeze well.
    Sometimes I make them with 1/2 slice of bacon. You just wrap the bacon around the muffin cup (I microwave it for about 20 seconds first, we like our bacon crisp) then fill with the egg/veggie mixture. No need to spray the cups when using the bacon.
  • mygnsac
    edited December 2014
    Options
    ^ Neat tip on the bacon!
  • kendalslimmer
    kendalslimmer Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    Wow, these look amazing!!! Great idea. Now I just need to get the right veggies in and some eggs, cupboard's a bit bare today!
  • mygnsac
    edited December 2014
    Options
    I just heated up one of the frozen muffins, and they do reheat well. We are having a breakfast potluck at work tomorrow, so I made 24 mini muffins for that, and made 12 more of the full size muffins to keep in the freezer at home.

zxpia0wsh4mu.jpg

Now I'm out of eggs! :)
  • missiontofitness
    missiontofitness Posts: 4,074 Member
    Options
    You are a god of the kitchen.
  • Hearts_2015
    Options
    I just heated up one of the frozen muffins, and they do reheat well. We are having a breakfast potluck at work tomorrow, so I made 24 mini muffins for that, and made 12 more of the full size muffins to keep in the freezer at home.

zxpia0wsh4mu.jpg

Now I'm out of eggs! :)
    funny, yesterday I was thinking the mini size would work well too. Looks like they turned out great! So what you have in your photo on the minis...is that equivalent to the larger ones you made next to them?
  • mygnsac
    Options
    ^ The 24 minis are 8 eggs and the 12 large are 12 eggs.
  • Hearts_2015
    Options
    ^ The 24 minis are 8 eggs and the 12 large are 12 eggs.
  • vickee13
    Options
    Please don't hate me, but my omelettes are always fabulous. They are about the only things I can cook though!
    I am looking forward to giving these muffins a try, although they are the same ingredients as an omelette, in my head they different! :# I'm crazy I know :(
  • JackieAC1951
    JackieAC1951 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Bump for later. Thanks for sharing!
  • mygnsac
    Options
    vickee13 wrote: »
    Please don't hate me, but my omelettes are always fabulous. They are about the only things I can cook though!
    I am looking forward to giving these muffins a try, although they are the same ingredients as an omelette, in my head they different! :# I'm crazy I know :(

No hate here. Just envy and jealousy! In my head they are different too, but probably just because they are browned on all sides like a muffin.

• dym123
    dym123 Posts: 1,670 Member
    Options
    I discovered these months ago. Got sick of eating boiled eggs for my work breakfast everyday, so now I make enough "muffins" to eat during the week, nuke them about 30 seconds, put a little hot sauce on them and impress the office with my yummy breakfast. I usually stick with spinach and cheese. I've tried tomatoes, but they were too soggy.
  • Mygsds
    Mygsds Posts: 1,564 Member
    Options
    Sounds really good..tjank you gor posting ..
  • vickee13
    Options
    Went to try these today, its hard to make them ......

when you have no eggs :\