Scrambled Egg Muffins

Options

Replies

• Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Options
    Jelaan wrote: »
    There are similar muffins in the Wheat Belly cookbook and those were delicious. I put home made crumbled turkey sausage, broccoli, sun dried tomatoes and cheese in mine, or any veggies that I have in the fridge really. Delicious and they freeze and reheat so well. I love my silicone pan, it makes cleaning much easier. Here in Canada you can buy the pans at Walmart or Canadian Tire. ;) Hey Santa! :)
    ya know that's something I've never used for anything Sun-dried Tomatoes... no reason just really didn't know what to use them for. I think I even might have some.

Better to get them still dry in a bag or the ones in a jar?

• Hearts_2015
    Options
    mygnsac wrote: »
    I've made the occassional accidental omelette too. But when I go in trying to actually make an omlette, the egg gods always point and laugh at me. ;)

I had a couple of the muffins left over today and I've frozen them. Im curious to see how well they reheat. I'll try one tomorrow. If they reheat well, I'm going to make a bunch of them to freeze.
    oh BTW... how'd the work breakfast brunch go with the mini muffins you took? Did everyone go ga-ga over them? lol

• mygnsac
    mygnsac Posts: 13,413 Member
    edited December 2014
    Options
    I've made the occassional accidental omelette too. But when I go in trying to actually make an omlette, the egg gods always point and laugh at me. ;)

I had a couple of the muffins left over today and I've frozen them. Im curious to see how well they reheat. I'll try one tomorrow. If they reheat well, I'm going to make a bunch of them to freeze.
    oh BTW... how'd the work breakfast brunch go with the mini muffins you took? Did everyone go ga-ga over them? lol

They were really impressed with them. They were gone quickly. I also brought in fresh veggies and fruit, so they had a nice healthy breakfast. :) Yesterday, someone actually brought fried chicken for the breakfast potluck! It was good though.
  • Medilia
    Medilia Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    ^ mine popped right out after I loosened the edges with a butter knife and I was using muffin pans that are older than time. Maybe I used more spray on it. I'm going to buy one of those silicone muffin pans someone mentioned above and see how that works without spraying at all.

I bought him a new tray and I am getting myself a silicon one after Chrissy. I will take a photo of my dinner tomorrow night which will include a muffin.
  • mygnsac
    Options
    Silicone pans ordered and on their way! I'm getting the regular size, mini size and a loaf size. :D
  • mygnsac
    Options
    I've been thinking about looking up a recipe for egg muffins and here one was today on MFP. Synchronicity!

I was a horrible omelette maker too until a few months ago, actually. I found the trick for me was a well-greased pan set over a little under medium heat, pouring in the egg and milk mixture, letting it cook and set some for a few minutes. THEN I add my chopped additions and cheeses (veggies & either 2% shredded cheddar or reduced fat feta). Now I cover the pan with a lid, let cook covered with lid till things look mostly set, but not quite, then take up the edge on one side with a small spatula and flip that half on top of the other, cover again for a few minutes and turns out awesome. Oh, and I use a small (8 inch?) pan. I tend to make 3 egg (2 whites and 1 egg) omelettes. With all the fillings it turns out to be good for 2 nice meal servings for a chick.

You've inspired me to have another go at making an omelette! Never tried the lid thing. I'll try it night. I'm either going to have a perfect omelette for dinner, or ramped up scrambled eggs! :D

OMG, it actually worked! I could have folded it over a little better, but it actually looks like an omelette. I must have been cooking at too high a temperature all these years, and never used a lid. Thanks so much for sharing your tips!

I added mushrooms, green onion, red bell pepper, turkey, provolone, and a little tomato.

ph2enjm74ph2.jpg

• Hearts_2015
    Options
    I've been thinking about looking up a recipe for egg muffins and here one was today on MFP. Synchronicity!

I was a horrible omelette maker too until a few months ago, actually. I found the trick for me was a well-greased pan set over a little under medium heat, pouring in the egg and milk mixture, letting it cook and set some for a few minutes. THEN I add my chopped additions and cheeses (veggies & either 2% shredded cheddar or reduced fat feta). Now I cover the pan with a lid, let cook covered with lid till things look mostly set, but not quite, then take up the edge on one side with a small spatula and flip that half on top of the other, cover again for a few minutes and turns out awesome. Oh, and I use a small (8 inch?) pan. I tend to make 3 egg (2 whites and 1 egg) omelettes. With all the fillings it turns out to be good for 2 nice meal servings for a chick.

You've inspired me to have another go at making an omelette! Never tried the lid thing. I'll try it night. I'm either going to have a perfect omelette for dinner, or ramped up scrambled eggs! :D

OMG, it actually worked! I could have folded it over a little better, but it actually looks like an omelette. I must have been cooking at too high a temperature all these years, and never used a lid. Thanks so much for sharing your tips!

I added mushrooms, green onion, red bell pepper, turkey, provolone, and a little tomato.

ph2enjm74ph2.jpg

Good Work, look delish!

• mygnsac
    Options
    Just tried my new silicone muffin pans (made more egg muffins and some pumpkin muffins). Didn't have to use cooking spray, they popped right out, and super easy to clean. I'm impressed!

ggrj59llnch9.jpg
  • Squatch3099
    Squatch3099 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the pictures too! These look great. I'm going to make some in the morning.
  • Hearts_2015
    edited December 2014
    Options
    Silicone pans ordered and on their way! I'm getting the regular size, mini size and a loaf size. :D
    Impressive shipping time!!! Thanks for sharing the photos :smile:

Mind is I ask where you ordered them from?
  • mygnsac
    edited December 2014
    Options
    ^^ I just ordered them on Amazon, links below. They were Prime items, so I got them in 2 days. :)

mini muffin pan
    full size muffin pan
    loaf pan

Also, these pans are not ridgid. When transferring then to the oven you have to be careful, or put them on a cookie sheet.
  • beachgod
    beachgod Posts: 567 Member
    edited December 2014
    Options
    I've made these twice this week and love them. I usually make bacon and cheese omelettes with three eggs so I use the same amount of ingredients, add the required amount of milk, precook the bacon and tear it into pieces and divide evenly among three muffin spots instead of six.
  • ErinK09
    ErinK09 Posts: 687 Member
    Options
    Yum! Great idea!
  • myukniewicz
    myukniewicz Posts: 906 Member
    Options
    I make similar things for breakfast except I use straight egg whites!! They freeze beautifully so I typically make a big batch the beginning of the week and that way in the morning I just toss a few in the microwave so I can have a protein & veggie packed easy breakfast.
    Thank you for sharing your recipe! They look delicious!!
  • dym123
    dym123 Posts: 1,670 Member
    Options
    treated myself to some silicone muffin pans, used them for the first time today. loved how they popped right out, did not love how they were not cooked all the way through. did anyone else experience this when they first started using silicone pans?
  • mrsKOrtiz
    mrsKOrtiz Posts: 949 Member
    Options
    NICE!!!
  • mygnsac
    Options
    dym123 wrote: »
    treated myself to some silicone muffin pans, used them for the first time today. loved how they popped right out, did not love how they were not cooked all the way through. did anyone else experience this when they first started using silicone pans?

I added an extra 5 minutes cook time and they were perfect. The instructions I received said that may need to be done.
  • vannie9210
    vannie9210 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Bump! Looks good!
  • Hearts_2015
    Options
    just bumpin up for someone to find. :)
  • Michelletrk
    Michelletrk Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    bump