Strength Testing, Bench Press.

Options

Replies

• redfisher1974
    redfisher1974 Posts: 614 Member
    edited December 2014
    Options
    I have heard this as well. A year and a half in the gym and I am at 325 One rep max. Though I do 285 usually in my sets.

Very impressive! 285 is my 1RM at 189lb BW
  • Wheelhouse15
    Wheelhouse15 Posts: 5,575 Member
    Options
    My current is 240 at 152, best was 275 at 142 but that was touch-and-go. Best at competition style lift was 255 and almost face planted it.
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,951 Member
    Options
    yoovie wrote: »
    lol at everyone focused on the 1% vs 1/100

How about 0.01?
  • jacksonpt
    jacksonpt Posts: 10,413 Member
    Options
    jacksonpt wrote: »
    BW - 170
    1RM - 210

I'm only a part time lifter, so progress is slow for me. I'd love to hit 2 plates by the start of race season, but that's pretty aggressive/optimistic, especially considering my higher-priority body comp goals.

Not too shabby, Your goal is a good one. How many reps at BW?

Looking back at my log... 10 @ 175.
  • feralX
    feralX Posts: 334 Member
    Options

not good math...just lift stuff and put back down, lol
  • Wheelhouse15
    Options
    feralX wrote: »

not good math...just lift stuff and put back down, lol

That's much easier! :smiley:
  • BarbellApprentice
    BarbellApprentice Posts: 486 Member
    edited December 2014
    Options
    BW 188
    BP 225 x 10. 285 1RM
    Toucch and go. Not paused but no chest bounce either.
  • redfisher1974
    Options
    I want that T-shirt... "Not very smart but I can lift heavy things"
  • redfisher1974
    Options
    BW 188
    BP 225 x 10. 285 1RM
    Toucch and go. Not paused but no chest bounce either.

We are the same BW with the same 1RM of 285 but I can only get 200lbs for 10 maybe 5 for 225.
  • feralX
    Options

Sad thing is you probably don't need the shirt...if you look like you lift heavy things people just assume a corresponding lack of intelligence...those little fackers!
  • redfisher1974
    Options
    BW - 170
    1RM - 210

I'm only a part time lifter, so progress is slow for me. I'd love to hit 2 plates by the start of race season, but that's pretty aggressive/optimistic, especially considering my higher-priority body comp goals.

Thats good, I would peg you for a 1RM of 250 going by those numbers. Everybody is different tho...
  • dbmata
    Options

Sad thing is you probably don't need the shirt...if you look like you lift heavy things people just assume a corresponding lack of intelligence...those little fackers!

sometimes they are right.

A couple weeks ago I was doing squat I think, half way through... and I had to ask a dude to count what I loaded on to the bar because I couldn't figure it out. He had been pounding power cleans pretty hard. He laughed, said he got three different results, so we asked another dude who just came in. Got the number.

Talk about feeling dumb...
  • jacksonpt
    jacksonpt Posts: 10,413 Member
    Options
    BW - 170
    1RM - 210

Thats good, I would peg you for a 1RM of 250 going by those numbers. Everybody is different tho...

Na. For whatever reason, I have an easier time pushing through perceived fatigue (reps) than I do perceived weakness (weight). I can do 175 x 10, but only 200 x 1. I don't know if it's my triathlon training (lots of pushing through fatigue there), or if it's something about my genetic makeup.
  • feralX
    Options
    dbmata wrote: »

A couple weeks ago I was doing squat I think, half way through... and I had to ask a dude to count what I loaded on to the bar because I couldn't figure it out. He had been pounding power cleans pretty hard. He laughed, said he got three different results, so we asked another dude who just came in. Got the number.

Can't count by 45s, for shame. Maybe you should have went for more than just standard blood tests...early onset dementia perhaps? lol
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    dbmata wrote: »

I'll pull out my phone and do the math if I'm really messed up. shameful- but I'm the person who will warm up with only one plate on the bar (like literally only one side loaded) without my coffee.

I suck at a plate math on a good day- no coffee or extremely tired- forget it.
  • JoRocka
    Options

DAMN THOSE one percenters!!!!
  • dbmata
    Options
    heh, perhaps. It was something stupid too, like two 45s a 35, a 10 and a 5. Since some folks were using the supply of 45s. I never use a 35+10, so it messed me up. lol.
  • JoRocka
    Options
    I've gotten better with the 35's- LA Fit didn't have them- but my powerhouse does- so I will use them- it's taken some adjusting- and it makes me angry when I mess up a basic- +10 pound difference- but- it happens.

LOL- getting into smaller plates sucks- #womenlifterproblems
  • feralX
    Options
    Would have been hilarious to watch, three hulks standing around the rack counting on their fingers and scratching their heads...might make a good Planet Fitness commercial actually.
  • Wheelhouse15
    Options
    Would have been hilarious to watch, three hulks standing around the rack counting on their fingers and scratching their heads...might make a good Planet Fitness commercial actually.

And there's the alarm!