Need to loose 80 pounds to donate part of my liver to my son

Options
13»

Replies

• Slateofamuse
    Slateofamuse Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I came across your post while holding my baby girl and sitting beside my son, I am usually quite strong in front of them but this has moved me to the point of tears, you're an amazing father and I am praying for you and your family
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    I'll be cheering from the sidelines. You'll do it. Go ahead and ask those same doctors who advised the weight loss to get you some added support, like a dietitian.
  • Nuke_64
    Nuke_64 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
  • jessiefrancine
    jessiefrancine Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    Best of luck to you. Please let us know if you need help.
  • Nuke_64
    Nuke_64 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    OP is not longer a registered user. I hope his son got the transplant.
  • Cynthiamr2015
    Cynthiamr2015 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    You have the best reason to lose the weight. You are a great dad and you can do this. You and son and family are in my prayers. :smile:
  • bodymindmusic
    bodymindmusic Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Hoping for the best for you all!
  • PinkPixiexox
    PinkPixiexox Posts: 4,142 Member
    Options
    You are a hero. Good luck to you and your wonderful son.
  • DianePK
    DianePK Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    About 15 years ago had a baby boy who has a chromosomal issue, and part of his health problems included liver failure. I never had the opportunity to donate part of my liver, but would have if I had been given a choice. Long story short is that we lost our little man due to liver failure and it was the most painful things I have ever been through. There are no words. So of you have the chance and it's just 80 pounds in the way, you are fortunate that you can help. I know as a parent we will do anything to help our babies, and I know how strong the desire to hold on is. We (members of this wonderful online community, all working towards a healthier self) will be here if you need support.Unfortunately I know how much it hurts if things don't go as planned. You can do it and you will do it. Your baby is lucky to have you.