Need chicken ideas!

Options
13»

Replies

• Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Options
    manthonyw wrote: »
    Throw it in the garbage and get some fish, beef or pork!

out of your garbage? ;)
  • Hearts_2015
    Options
    I just add herbs, spices, vinegars or fruit juices. Herbes de Provence is my favorite for chicken, or if I'm feeling spicy, I use Weber's Kickin' Chicken. Today I'm using a Greek herb mixtures to bake some chicken tenderloins, and I'll be putting them on a wrap with avocado, feta, tomato and onion.

Wraps are so underrated! This sounds delicious...

So many ways to do chicken up... I never tire of hearing them, there's always something new on a thread I never thought of before. :)

When you do your wraps do you use tortillas or lettuce etc. ? Always love to hear more about how others do their wraps!! ;)@SnuggleSmacks
  • Mygsds
    Mygsds Posts: 1,564 Member
    Options
    Lately, we have been making boneless skinless chicken breasts in the crockpot with a jar of salsa, low sodium taco seasoning (or make your own)...when you take it out, shred, add lite sour cream. We use this for wraps and salads and very fast. This is an old WW recipe. Hope you enjoy this..
  • SnuggleSmacks
    SnuggleSmacks Posts: 3,731 Member
    Options
    I just add herbs, spices, vinegars or fruit juices. Herbes de Provence is my favorite for chicken, or if I'm feeling spicy, I use Weber's Kickin' Chicken. Today I'm using a Greek herb mixtures to bake some chicken tenderloins, and I'll be putting them on a wrap with avocado, feta, tomato and onion.

Wraps are so underrated! This sounds delicious...

So many ways to do chicken up... I never tire of hearing them, there's always something new on a thread I never thought of before. :)

When you do your wraps do you use tortillas or lettuce etc. ? Always love to hear more about how others do their wraps!! ;)@SnuggleSmacks

I'm not eating low-carb, but I don't want to load up on extra calories, so I usually use low-carb wraps. The small ones from Trader Joe's are just 45 calories.
  • dklibert
    dklibert Posts: 1,196 Member
    Options
    Lots of wonderful ideas. Thanks!
  • mathandcats
    mathandcats Posts: 786 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Most of these probably don't fit your goal of avoiding processed stuff and sugar, but I'll post anyway.

Some of my favourite chicken recipes:
    And a few I haven't tried yet but intend to:
  • girgir1031
    girgir1031 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Honestly depends on my mood.
    Go to with my dd is to preheat oven to 350 (f) cut into strips or chunks (your choice). Dip in ranch and roll in crushed goldfish. Bake until tender.

Another is homemade bbq sauce in the crock pot and add some pineapple and chicken then let cook until tender and shred.

Also try, chunk chicken and season with Italian seasoning. Bake or pan cook. Make homemade pasta and lightly drizzle evoo onto cooked pasta add chicken grape tomatoes and feta cheese
  • mistikal13
    mistikal13 Posts: 1,457 Member
    Options
    I like a simply roasted lemon/garlic/black pepper chicken with veggies and a side salad.
  • Hearts_2015
    Options
    mistikal13 wrote: »
    I like a simply roasted lemon/garlic/black pepper chicken with veggies and a side salad.

Sounds wonderful :) I've gone that route and I agree simple is sometimes a wonderful meal.