Can rocking make you lose weight...I have a hypothesis lol

Options
Hey everyone. My name is Kristin. I am 23 years old. 4'11 and my start weight was 185. When I was a kid id sit on the couch and rock back and forth. At 18 I stopped doing it and thats when I started to lose weight. I would eat anything and everything and wouldnt gain weight and I wasnt exactly active except for in school at gym. Thats about it. I now have a Son and im trying to eat healthier and exercise alot more. I lost 10lbs. Then I overate for a week and gained 5lbs...So ive lost 5lbs ugh.

Replies

• elphie754
    elphie754 Posts: 7,574 Member
    Options
    Huh? Is there a question in there somewhere? Also, if you lost weight when you "stopped rocking" how would said "rocking" hp you lose weight?
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options
    Ummm. Wat?
  • elphie754
    Options
    arditarose wrote: »
    Ummm. Wat?

Okay so it is not just me? Lol
  • CariJean64
    CariJean64 Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    Can someone translate that post for me, please?
  • leomom72
    leomom72 Posts: 1,797 Member
    Options
    wait, so you stopped rocking and you lost weight ? i dont rock anyday, so why am i not losing weight...LoL..actually, i and apparently others are confused by this post
  • arditarose
    Options
    Rock n' rolling is good for weight loss I hear.
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    I thought she was talking about music because I love to dance :)
  • schle009
    schle009 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    What I gathered from this is that she overate for a week and gained some lost weight back after having a kid...which makes you gain weight anyway... and something about the fact your metabolism is better when you're younger meant she didn't gain weight as fast.
    ...I still don't get the point.
  • JaydensMama418
    Options
    My Sons 2....Sorry im a stay at home Mom cant post a huge long post...What I meant was I was 120lbs my senior year of highschool. I never gained weight. Id eat whatever I want and wouldnt have a care in the world about it. I stopped rocking on the couch at the age of 18. Thats when I gained 25lbs. My heaviest was at 200 when I was pregnant with my Son. Im just wondering if the rocking on the couch counts as exercise. I do it to relieve stress sometimes. I did it today for 2 hours.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    does your rocking chair have some magical weight loss properties….???

no, it does not count as exercise.

You gained weight because you ate too much, not because your magic rocking chair stopped functioning…

wow ….
  • elphie754
    Options
    My Sons 2....Sorry im a stay at home Mom cant post a huge long post...What I meant was I was 120lbs my senior year of highschool. I never gained weight. Id eat whatever I want and wouldnt have a care in the world about it. I stopped rocking on the couch at the age of 18. Thats when I gained 25lbs. My heaviest was at 200 when I was pregnant with my Son. Im just wondering if the rocking on the couch counts as exercise. I do it to relieve stress sometimes. I did it today for 2 hours.

Rocking on the couch? This is going to sound horrible, but right now I'm picturing someone in a straight jacket, in a padded room, rocking back and forth.

And no. I doubt that counts as exercise or had anything to do with you not gaining weight.
  • arditarose
    edited December 2014
    Options
    Um...I think it's a nervous habit. You should probably think about why you are rocking back and forth on the couch for two hours straight.

Is it possible that this rocking soothes you, and when you don't have something physical to sooth you, you eat instead?

Anyway, I'm outtie. I'm no shrink, ya see.
  • ndj1979
    Options
    can't be a serious thread….
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    ndj1979 wrote: »

You gained weight because you ate too much, not because your magic rocking chair stopped functioning…

wow ….

She's saying she lost weight AFTER she stopped rocking on the couch.

Don't worry. You weren't the only one confused and misreading that the first time around.
  • whitehorse67
    whitehorse67 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    What?......I don't get it.....I think I should be drunk when I read posts like this....might help.
  • ndj1979
    Options
    PikaKnight wrote: »

wow ….

Don't worry. You weren't the only one confused and misreading that the first time around.

what??????

crap, let me re-read...
  • ndj1979
    Options

wow ….

she re-clarified later and she gained after she stopped rocking….

I think..hell,I am confused now….
  • arditarose
    Options
    I think she mis-wrote on the original post.

" I stopped rocking on the couch at the age of 18. Thats when I gained 25lbs"
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options

wow ….

Oh wait. You are right. She did change it.

I just....umm....errr...

3739957.gif

• ndj1979
    Options

wow ….

Oh wait. You are right. She did change it.

I just....umm....errr...

3739957.gif

its all good ….

this thread make no sense...