Options
    I like Malbec... If I can't find a good wine.. i'll settle for Malbec :p
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,951 Member
    Options
    jkwolly wrote: »
    PRMinx wrote: »
    dbmata wrote: »
    Ah, grass beer. While I am californian, I can't handle the silly level of hopping that people get into with IPAs.

I love IPA.
    I wish I could handle the hops.

I am more of a stout girly. Or Delirium. Gimme more of that delicious Delirium!

Or porter... or....

We could drink together.

PR - Here's some of what I like.

Double Barrel Ale
    Midas Touch
    Old Rasputin
    Optimator
    Mephistopheles
    Founders Breakfast Stout
    Old Chub
    Ten Fidy

While I don't care for the IPAs, I hit those high gravity beers hard. ;)
  • blktngldhrt
    blktngldhrt Posts: 1,053 Member
    Options
    segacs wrote: »
    Ah, grass beer. While I am californian, I can't handle the silly level of hopping that people get into with IPAs.

I love IPA.

Or porter... or....

Not me. Bring on the hops! The hoppier, the better.

Hop, hop, hop for hops.

0khhpabuiu3w.jpeg
  • JayRuby84
    JayRuby84 Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    I looked at your profile info and took a peak at what you've been logging food wise. Good job on working to overcome an eating disorder as well as trying to be loving toward your self. I noticed that a lot of the food you are eating is processed and fast food type things plus alcohol. I would try to love you body by giving it the most nutrition for your buck. Add some raw veggies, add some avocado, nuts, fruits. And if you want to be good to your body I'd cut a bit of the alcohol out. Like others said, maybe you don't need to focus on the gym right now. Maybe really focus on getting good foods in your body. That can help hormanally and with emotions. Best of luck to you.
  • PRMinx
    PRMinx Posts: 4,585 Member
    Options

I love IPA.

Or porter... or....

We could drink together.

Double Barrel Ale
    Midas Touch
    Old Rasputin
    Optimator
    Mephistopheles
    Founders Breakfast Stout
    Old Chub
    Ten Fidy

We get Founders out here. I do like Stout.

I'll have to hunt for the others :smile: )
  • jouttie
    jouttie Posts: 109 Member
    Options

Is it bad to want a drink at 9:09am?

No :-)

I agree however that alcohol is certainly the reason I am on MFP in the first place. You drink, don't eat, drink some more, miss dinner, drink more, even more... go home, wake up the next day and eat everything - EVERYTHING - you can get your hands on. The greasier, saltier the better. And LOADS of it. Swill it down with Coke for the head. Go to work, eat sweet things all day and drink tea, swear you are not going to touch another beer - and go to bed early. Next day, same as above... repeat often enough and you have a beer belly the size of a small island state, and spout rubbish like, I have NO idea why I am overweight, I don't eat that much...
    Yeah, right.

• dbmata
    Options
    Drink good stuff, enjoy it.

Don't be that idiot shotgunning pabst and slamming shots of cuervo and fireball.
    Y u no likey fireball?

But legit, Spicebox cinnamon is delicious.
    Although their pumpkin spice is even better.

edit: i cannot spell worth shiat today.
    Because I'm not a 14 year old girl.... lol, I kid.

I like my cordials, but if we're getting into something calling itself whisky. Well. I can get a picture later, but I have a crystal decanter from Tiffany.

I put bourbon in it, last night it was filled with George Dickel Single Barrel Select, 9 year age.
  • KylaDenay
    KylaDenay Posts: 1,585 Member
    Options
    I'm in for Malbec....but I am a fan of Jack Danial's honey whiskey mmmmm

One shot of fireball and I am on my death bed the next day ugh. So weird.
  • blktngldhrt
    blktngldhrt Posts: 1,053 Member
    Options
    Speaking of cordials, has anyone has domain de canton ginger liquor. I love it with muddled mint, lemon, and soda water. Best with sushi.
  • jkwolly
    jkwolly Posts: 3,049 Member
    edited December 2014
    Options

Don't be that idiot shotgunning pabst and slamming shots of cuervo and fireball.
    Y u no likey fireball?

I like my cordials, but if we're getting into something calling itself whisky. Well. I can get a picture later, but I have a crystal decanter from Tiffany.

I put bourbon in it, last night it was filled with George Dickel Single Barrel Select, 9 year age.
    Haha I was being sarcastic.

My husband is a huge whisky fan, but I am just not that big of a lover.

I love IPA.

Or porter... or....

We could drink together.

Double Barrel Ale
    Midas Touch
    Old Rasputin
    Optimator
    Mephistopheles
    Founders Breakfast Stout
    Old Chub
    Ten Fidy

I drink me a lot of craft beer and haven't heard many of those. Then again I drink quite a bit of Canadian or German/Belgium brews.
    Have you ever had this? One of my all time favies.
    dcvarrqxo2fu.jpg

I love IPA.

Or porter... or....

If I still drank.. I'd say we should drink together. :)
    <3

• segacs
    segacs Posts: 4,599 Member
    Options
    Anyone who's into craft beers, feel free to look me up on Untappd. (Same username as here.)
  • dbmata
    Options
    Speaking of cordials, has anyone has domain de canton ginger liquor. I love it with muddled mint, lemon, and soda water. Best with sushi.

No, but I use falernum like it's going out of style. (since it kinda did once.)
  • esjones12
    esjones12 Posts: 1,363 Member
    Options
    I stopped drinking like crazy when I realized my health and fitness goals were more important than alcohol. It also made me realize how destructive alcohol was to me in many ways. Obviously not everyone has that problem, and I certainly still enjoy a quality mojito or a few glasses of wine here and there. But it is way, way different now.

If you want to drink just make it fit into your calories or hit the gym and work off the excess.

As for exercise - there are so, so, so many things you can do that is not a treadmill and weights.
  • dbmata
    Options

Y u no likey fireball?

Haha I was being sarcastic.

My husband is a huge whisky fan, but I am just not that big of a lover.

I love IPA.

Or porter... or....

We could drink together.

Double Barrel Ale
    Midas Touch
    Old Rasputin
    Optimator
    Mephistopheles
    Founders Breakfast Stout
    Old Chub
    Ten Fidy

I drink me a lot of craft beer and haven't heard many of those. Then again I drink quite a bit of Canadian or German/Belgium brews.
    Have you ever had this? One of my all time favies.
    dcvarrqxo2fu.jpg

I love IPA.

Or porter... or....

If I still drank.. I'd say we should drink together. :)
    <3

Optimator is from Germany, the rest are straight 'Murican. Haven't heard of Cannery Brewing. I'd like to head north sometime soon to try the beers, we've been eying Banff for a long weekend trip.
  • husseycd
    husseycd Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    Try another hobby that is an art or skill. I love aerial circus arts, like silks, lyra, trapeze and even pole. As an ex-figure skater, I imagine it could be something that resonates with you. And as a bonus, I imagine you have the flexibility and core strength muscle memory to make for an easier transition.
  • dbmata
    Options
    mixology is my hobby that is an art and a skill.