Options
    My go to snacks:

hard boiled eggs
    string cheese
    beef jerky
    nuts
    peanut butter
    protein snack bars
    Some meal replacement bars (around 200 calories)

• mychanges83
    mychanges83 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Pop chips ( I LOVE these). Also, Nuts & dark chocolate are good for you. Or you can put some kale in the oven & make your own kale chips =)
  • BenjaminS_Fitness
    BenjaminS_Fitness Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    greek yoghurt (there's something called low fat quark in the EU i don't know if you have it in the US) with whey protein. if you don't like the consistency mix a serving of corn flakes in it.

salad

chicken/prawns with veggies/rice or simply veggies.

• Silverdracos
    Silverdracos Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I'm working on the habit of drinking 8-16oz of fluid (usually tea) if I'm hungry between meals. I've never been a big drinker to begin with, so remembering that dehydration can sometimes be interpreted as hunger has done a lot to limit my snacks.
  • RachelYun27
    RachelYun27 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    My favorites:
    Air popped popcorn
    Carrots
    Greek yogurt
    Cheese
    Dark chocolate (a small amount provides a good source of fat)
    Flavored sparkling water (not really a snack but helps keep me full)
    Beef/turkey jerky

• amicsquire
    amicsquire Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I'm working on the habit of drinking 8-16oz of fluid (usually tea) if I'm hungry between meals. I've never been a big drinker to begin with, so remembering that dehydration can sometimes be interpreted as hunger has done a lot to limit my snacks.

funny you say that because I'm the same way! i have been forcing myself to drink a bottle of water before breakfast, and that has helped!
  • kendalslimmer
    kendalslimmer Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    This is why I get the Low Cal Snack Box from graze.com! :smile: Failing that I like the Laughing Cow cheese + breadsticks packs (80 cals!); yoghurt; toast + PB2; string cheese; popcorn.
  • meakri2001
    meakri2001 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    brown rice cakes with almond butter and sliced banana on top sprinkled with cinnamon is really good for a snack.
  • togmo
    togmo Posts: 257
    Options
    popcorn is a great snack too and fairly low calorie and yet has decent nutrition

Yep popcorn is actually an awesome snack. I have some little bags here that actually make me feel like I have eaten something that amount to 50kcals a pop. They taste great and also contain a little fibre which is a bonus.

Other great snack ideas that I tend to enjoy are beef jerky, muesli bars or some plain boring (but still yummy) cookies. Depends on how many cals you can have for snacks but I am surprised how few cals these sorts of snacks have without making you feel like you are actually being healthy.

• whiskeygirl66
    Options
    Some might say I'm to organized but once a week I take the time to package up pretzels, crackers and rice cakes etc into serving sizes bags and I write the calories on each for when I have to quick grab a snack and I know what to enter in my food log.