Favorite Protein Powder?

Options
What is your favourite protein powder and why?

Replies

• ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    Trutein, because it tastes the best. It's also one of the more expensive, so there's that.
  • spirit095
    spirit095 Posts: 1,017 Member
    Options
    Precision All Natural Whey Isolate. It mixes well, tastes good and has pretty awesome macros. I'm using double chocolate chunk right now (150 cals, 34g protein, 3g carbs).
  • ucabucca
    ucabucca Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    Evolution is amazing can be mixed with water or milk I have used the cookies and cream as well as the strawberry banana so far.
  • blueakama
    blueakama Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    Sunwarrior are nice and clean, without any of the gunk some of them have.
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,951 Member
    edited December 2014
    Options
    catic32 wrote: »
    What is your favourite protein powder and why?

optimum nutrition.

Digests well and doesn't have some silly name like SparkleWarrior or something.
  • 42carrots
    42carrots Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Does anyone use pea protein? If so can you make any recommendations for a good brand? I want to make vegan savoury protein bars and found a recipe using pea protein powder, but I don't really dabble in protein powders of any kind usually so I'm not sure what to look for. I did try to buy a vegetarian vanilla flavoured one once, but it was sickly artificially sweet tasting, so I couldn't really palate it My understanding is that some are grittier than others, brands to try (or to avoid) would be much appreciated, or if anyone has other vegetarian or vegan suggestions, that'd be great too.
  • tmdpotts
    tmdpotts Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    enjoying BPI wheyHD Banana pie also goes on sale lots at BB.com
  • catic32
    catic32 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Most of these brands I have not heard of. I find good protein powder is so hard to find. I am not getting enough protein in my diet even though I eat TONS of eggs, chicken, etc etc. So I want a good quality/tasting protein powder that gives me lots of grams per scoop.
    I have looked into PEA protein but unless your lactose intolerant I can't see the benefits.
    I have proventive at home I am going to try it has a blend of 5 proteins.
  • pinkiezoom
    pinkiezoom Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    Precision cookies and cream from holland and barratt here in the uk. Throw in some Chia seeds, and you need a spoon to eat it .... yummy!
  • magnum26
    magnum26 Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    I've got two I go back and forth between.
    • Optimum Nutrition 100% Gold Standard Whey
    • Gaspari Nutrition Myofusion Pro-biotic
  • GaleHawkins
    GaleHawkins Posts: 8,160 Member
    Options
    Casein by Optimum Nutrition is what I now use because when I recounted my protein intake I was coming up short too.

I use their Casein vs Whey because I do very low carb since it takes 7 hours vs 3 hours for all of it to be digested so the bump in glucose is not as steep as with whey but will last all night. It is about a dollar per 30 gram serving from Amazon using the 4 pound container. I got the chocolate flavor and I like it fine after using 2 pounds of the Casein.
  • StraubreyR
    StraubreyR Posts: 631 Member
    Options
    I use EAS Complete Protein. It's easily available (Walmart), cheap, and mixes well. I like that it also has calcium, fiber, and vitamins.
  • catic32
    Options
    My fear with "cheap" is that added ingredients. I don't want to pay top of the line but I also read the ingredients and if the list is too long...
  • PowerfulHunt
    PowerfulHunt Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    Optimum Nutrition 100% Gold Standard Whey
  • iheartinsanity
    iheartinsanity Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    I love ON, but when on a budget I go for Body Fortress from Walmart. Does the job and has 27g of protein (in the chocolate pb) & only 150 calories per scoop.
  • Topsking2010
    Topsking2010 Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    •Optimum Nutrition 100% Gold Standard Whey
  • lyzxyzzy
    lyzxyzzy Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Pro Complex Gainer: lots of calories (650), good ratios that fit my macros.
  • doingthisfortheboys
    Options
    QNT Metapure Zero Carb is my favourite there is no lactose in it so doesnt bloat me or give me awful wind - sorry tmi!
  • catic32
    Options
    haha I certainly do not need 650 calories! That's like half my day right there. LOL
    I have Vega sample at home, Progressive sample (which if tastes good may be a winner) , Natural Factors I only like in a smoothie and a friend recommended Magnum Quattro.
  • bevhillsilly
    bevhillsilly Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I'm a big fan of MTS machine whey. 25 grams of protein. Really tasty with a little almond milk!