Staple foods on your weight loss journey

Options
For me, the hardest part of losing weight is the food. What are some staples you always have on hand or that is a favorite to help aid in weight loss?!

Replies

• Verdenal
    Verdenal Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    Skinless chicken breasts and good-quality sardines.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    I eat the same foods I always did just in different portions. More protein, more veggies, smaller portions of treat foods, etc.
  • DavidFitFocus
    Options
    Nuts, meat roll-ups, black tea
  • CariJean64
    CariJean64 Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    Chicken, turkey, frozen veggies of many kinds, Ezekiel bread, real butter, various fruits, and an incredible supply of M&Ms.
  • fat2strongbeth
    fat2strongbeth Posts: 735 Member
    Options
    I've learned to love veggies!
  • blankiefinder
    blankiefinder Posts: 3,599 Member
    Options
    We eat lots of boneless skinless chicken breast, and I try to keep greek yogurt and 2% cottage cheese in the house for days that I am hungry and short on calories.
  • GrammyPeachy
    GrammyPeachy Posts: 1,723 Member
    Options
    Eggs, bananas, ground turkey/chicken, broccoli
  • beautifulwarrior18
    beautifulwarrior18 Posts: 914 Member
    Options
    Brown rice. If I can't think of anything to eat or I'm just not in the mood for veggies I cook up some brown rice. I love it!!!!! And it doesn't take much to fill me up.
  • LifeInTheBikeLane
    LifeInTheBikeLane Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    Eggs. So many eggs. My life is incomplete without eggs.

I say, "Guess what we are making for dinner?"

Everyone knows the answer. Eggs.
  • suzreen
    suzreen Posts: 2,455 Member
    Options
    Apples and pistachios. I eat 12 pistachios a day for a snack, and they are more filling than you might think. The apple, same thing. And they're crunchy, which is also satisfying. also, what somebody else said. I eat the same things, just a lot less. And I started this in April 2014, and have not had a full size candy bar in all that time, because I just can't afford it calorically. i have the mini peanut butter cups now, instead. Candy just is not filling, and way too many calories. So other than mostly giving up candy, I still eat the same.
  • RebelDiamond
    RebelDiamond Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    tuna salad, grilled chicken breast, baked white fish, turkey mince, loads of veggies (raw and cooked), 100% true fruit straps/fruit and raw almonds, and protein smoothies to name a few.
  • Tblackdogs
    Tblackdogs Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    I drink hot tea throughout the day. Nothing in it. I love cheese sticks. 80 calories, very filling. I also eat pomegranates. They take a loooooong time to eat, are very sweet and don't have a lot of calories. I also like chocolate covered frozen bananas. 130 calories, filling and sweet! As they sang in The Sound of Music, those are a few of my favorite things!
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,619 Member
    Options
    Salad, I eat a spinach salad for lunch most days of the week. Lunch meat usually goes on it, with some cucumber and carrot sticks, sometimes lowfat cottage cheese, salsa. A lot of veggies, some fruits (especially banana and apple) chicken breast and other lean meats, liquid eggs and some whole eggs. I mostly cut back on extra bread and butter, like on the side of dinner or as sandwiches. Snacks staples are South Beach Diet snack bars, iced tea and diet soda(no calories), Kay's naturals protein snacks, and emerald cocoa roast almond 100 calorie packs. I used to make protein iced coffee a lot too, just brew some coffee, refrigerate over night, then add 1/2 a AdvantEdge protein shake to it--great as an afternoon pick-me-up.
  • grantwashere
    grantwashere Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    tuna salad, grilled chicken breast, baked white fish, turkey mince, loads of veggies (raw and cooked), 100% true fruit straps/fruit and raw almonds, and protein smoothies to name a few.

I was like, "She's eating mice?" What the hell kind of a go-to food is that!?! LOL! That was funny. Now back to your regularly scheduled programming......

• stephanieluvspb
    stephanieluvspb Posts: 997 Member
    Options
    Pomegranate greek yogurt, bear naked cinnamon granola, peanut butter, chicken....good lord I love chicken :smile: crunchy stuff: baby carrots, apples, celery (with pb)
  • dunnodunno
    dunnodunno Posts: 2,290 Member
    Options
    For veggies:

Cucumber (I like to dip it in various dressings)
    Spaghetti squash (you can eat a lot of that for the calories & it's not that bad tasting)
    Frozen peas
    Grape tomatoes
    Cauliflower (I don't make any weird side dishes with it though)

Fruit:

Bananas (nice to put in smoothies or just eat it with peanut butter)
    Grapes (frozen can be a nice cold treat)
    Watermelon
    Berries

Protein:

Cottage cheese (I like to put fruit in it)
    Greek yogurt
    Steak, Chicken, sometimes fish or pork
    Peanut butter

Snacks/Desserts:

Never giving up ice cream
    Trail mix
    Brownie Brittle (found this at Wal-Mart in the bakery section. So good.)
  • feralX
    feralX Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    boneless skinless chicken breasts, eggs, fish, pork tenderloin, cottage cheese, whey isolate protein powder, casein protein powder, steamed vegetables, salsa, oats, brown rice, Italiano spice mix, seasoned salt, unsweetened cocoa, cinnamon, extra virgin olive oil, apple cider vinegar, splenda
  • dramaqueen45
    dramaqueen45 Posts: 1,009 Member
    Options
    Nuts, full fat greek yogurt, low sugar hot cocoa with whipped topping, sweet potatoes.
  • Ethereal_Whisper
    Ethereal_Whisper Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Potatoes, cabbage(i've recently found that i love it boiled), egg beaters, bananas, honeydew and cantaloupe(huge ones for me), activia light, 80% dark chocolate, oranges, broccoli, wheat breads, frozen berries.
  • Maries_wine_calories
    Options
    Bio protein bars, greek yogurt, low fat swiss cheese slices, melba toast, Ryvita crackers and english muffins are all go-to items that are always in the grocery cart for me