SO FORBIDS me!! Not sure if spousal abuse or not. WARNING, Triggering.

Options

Replies

• LiftAllThePizzas
    LiftAllThePizzas Posts: 17,857 Member
    Options
    9f596df5f6a0913eaf7c556801be5c4a72dbd734b624f66e71eb11f8c56a5ccf.jpg
    Just break up.
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    Huango has the answer; she stole it from me. Get your own tree and set it up in your man-cave. Your boys can vote on their favourite tree.

Hubby wanted to spray paint the Christmas tree Florida Marlins colors. Um, no. Forbidden.

This sort of dispute is not a deal-breaker.
  • wolfsbayne
    wolfsbayne Posts: 3,116 Member
    Options
    8399c436598c8a3dbc70aa5e7509849f.jpg

This is freaking awesome!
  • chivalryder
    chivalryder Posts: 4,391 Member
    Options
    I'm tempted to ask you to get a divorce and have a gay marriage with me. If only I were gay.
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,576 Member
    Options
    Marriage is about compromise. Figure it out.
  • LiftAllThePizzas
    Options
    jgnatca wrote: »
    Huango has the answer; she stole it from me. Get your own tree and set it up in your man-cave. Your boys can vote on their favourite tree.

Hubby wanted to spray paint the Christmas tree Florida Marlins colors. Um, no. Forbidden.

This sort of dispute is not a deal-breaker.

Yes, it is. And not understanding that obvious fact is also a deal breaker.
  • CindyMarcuzAdams
    CindyMarcuzAdams Posts: 4,006 Member
    edited December 2014
    Options
    41yy7fh68cea.jpg
    Compromise. Put the train under the tree and hoth elsewhere. A great idea. I am Darthmom tho. I am a nerd and I love it. If you are serious about this and not trolling you can do it for A LOT LESS MONEY. Be creative.
  • logicman69
    logicman69 Posts: 1,034 Member
    Options
    Set up your own separate tree in another room..... Or just do it! Its better to ask for forgiveness than permission.
  • deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    Options
    habit365 wrote: »
    2nd tree in man cave. Decorate at will. Hope the man cave has a door.

This^^

• jasonmh630
    jasonmh630 Posts: 2,850 Member
    Options
    wolfsbayne wrote: »
    8399c436598c8a3dbc70aa5e7509849f.jpg

This is freaking awesome!

I. WANT. THIS.
  • ZombieKillaPrincess
    Options
    I wish I had a significant other to do that with!!! Best Christmas idea EVER!!!
  • Illini_Jim
    Illini_Jim Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    This is what you must do to achieve victory

bzm5513be8rr.jpg
  • jasonmh630
    jasonmh630 Posts: 2,850 Member
    Options
    Also... Trains technically aren't Christmasy either... So, tell her no trains.
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    battle of Hoth is more of an easter thing, no??
  • QueenBishOTUniverse
    QueenBishOTUniverse Posts: 14,121 Member
    Options
    The largest room in our home is a dedicated nerd room, complete with toys, collectables, posters and weapons. We have plans to build a dedicated D&D/Warmachine gaming table in the near future. The only reason we DON'T have a Star Wars Christmas Tree is because we have 4 cats....

Your wife sounds like a grinch. I support the "do it anyways" suggestion.
  • PrizePopple
    PrizePopple Posts: 3,133 Member
    Options
    *sigh*

Seriously, as someone who was abused by a spouse I find your title to be in piss poor taste. It's not funny or cute, it's a very serious matter. One that left me considering suicide at one point in my life. Next time please reconsider using it as some sorry attempt at being amusing.
  • LiftAllThePizzas
    Options
    *sigh*

Seriously, as someone who was abused by a spouse I find your title to be in piss poor taste. It's not funny or cute, it's a very serious matter. One that left me considering suicide at one point in my life. Next time please reconsider using it as some sorry attempt at being amusing.

So nobody in the world is ever allowed to joke about anything that might have ever been bad for anyone else or that someone else might possibly consider "serious" instead? There is no such thing. Sorry you want to live in a humorless world but you aren't going to stop the rest of us.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    edited December 2014
    Options
    ...all I can say is do NOT put a train under the tree...under any circumstances do not make that compromise. It is the most annoying thing in the world. We used to have one until this year...it "broke" during the non-Christmas season.

Personally, I would just go ahead with your plan and just ask forgiveness later.
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options
    I'd say you found a woman willing to marry you despite your affliction for toys....Be happy with that.