SO FORBIDS me!! Not sure if spousal abuse or not. WARNING, Triggering.

Options

Replies

• PrizePopple
    PrizePopple Posts: 3,133 Member
    Options
    *sigh*

Seriously, as someone who was abused by a spouse I find your title to be in piss poor taste. It's not funny or cute, it's a very serious matter. One that left me considering suicide at one point in my life. Next time please reconsider using it as some sorry attempt at being amusing.

So nobody in the world is ever allowed to joke about anything that might have ever been bad for anyone else or that someone else might possibly consider "serious" instead? There is no such thing. Sorry you want to live in a humorless world but you aren't going to stop the rest of us.

Creating a title that is in no way indicative that it's just a joke is not funny. I don't really care if you don't like my opinion on it. This, for me, is the subject that I don't stand down on, because I lived it.
  • Commander_Keen
    Commander_Keen Posts: 1,179 Member
    Options
    Set it up in the master beadroom
  • drenze
    drenze Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    You think you've got issues. I've got a buddy and his daughter who want to put a Weeping Angel on top of the tree. Wife/mom won't let them. :smiley:
  • QueenBishOTUniverse
    QueenBishOTUniverse Posts: 14,121 Member
    Options
    *sigh*

Seriously, as someone who was abused by a spouse I find your title to be in piss poor taste. It's not funny or cute, it's a very serious matter. One that left me considering suicide at one point in my life. Next time please reconsider using it as some sorry attempt at being amusing.

So nobody in the world is ever allowed to joke about anything that might have ever been bad for anyone else or that someone else might possibly consider "serious" instead? There is no such thing. Sorry you want to live in a humorless world but you aren't going to stop the rest of us.

Creating a title that is in no way indicative that it's just a joke is not funny. I don't really care if you don't like my opinion on it. This, for me, is the subject that I don't stand down on, because I lived it.

Honestly, I could tell it was meant to be satirical from the title, that's the only reason I came in here. If I thought the thread was going to be serious I wouldn't have bothered as I have no relevant advice or experience.
  • wolfsbayne
    wolfsbayne Posts: 3,116 Member
    Options
    *sigh*

I understand your stance, however, I was abused by my first husband and I didn't find it offensive at all.

• bohoT
    bohoT Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    this is the definition of spousal abuse. I vote do it anyway.
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options
    7f0ff551d0e2e8626a035257af72cefe.jpg
  • LiftAllThePizzas
    LiftAllThePizzas Posts: 17,857 Member
    edited December 2014
    Options
    *sigh*

You're welcome to suggest a topic which is 'safe' for people to joke about because it couldn't possibly bother anyone.
  • Raynne413
    Raynne413 Posts: 1,527 Member
    Options
    My cat would totally destroy it! We can barely even put presents under the tree! And definitely no gift bags. Evil little thing!
  • QueenBishOTUniverse
    Options
    *sigh*

You're welcome to suggest a topic which is 'safe' for people to joke about because it couldn't possibly bother anyone.

Eating Irish babies.
  • Of_Monsters_and_Meat
    Of_Monsters_and_Meat Posts: 1,022 Member
    Options
    Who is joking? I put a trigger warning of the title even, I know this is a serious issue. I am sorry if you are offended by my post. Why are you beating me up over my own posts and thoughts?
  • redheaddee
    redheaddee Posts: 2,005 Member
    Options
    Just put Santa hats on the warriors. And make sure any light sabers are red or green.
  • LiftAllThePizzas
    Options
    *sigh*

Eating Irish babies.

They tasted awful! Thanks for reminding me and ruining my day!
  • KGRebelRanch
    KGRebelRanch Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I find your SO's lack of faith disturbing....
  • wolfsbayne
    wolfsbayne Posts: 3,116 Member
    Options
    Who is joking? I put a trigger warning of the title even, I know this is a serious issue. I am sorry if you are offended by my post. Why are you beating me up over my own posts and thoughts?

I was going to mention the Trigger warning in the title....

• jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    *sigh*

Indeed. All good comedy makes light of a serious subject. That's the very essence and purpose of genuine comedy. To attempt to police it and suggest that any potentially inflammatory subject should be off limits because of personal experience is remarkably shortsighted and arrogant.
  • QueenBishOTUniverse
    Options
    *sigh*

Eating Irish babies.

They tasted awful! Thanks for reminding me and ruining my day!

They make lovely leather gloves though.
  • LiftAllThePizzas
    Options
    jofjltncb6 wrote: »
    *sigh*

Indeed. All good comedy makes light of a serious subject. That's the very essence and purpose of genuine comedy. To attempt to police it and suggest that any potentially inflammatory subject should be off limits because of personal experience is remarkably shortsighted and arrogant.
    One might even say it's in piss poor taste.
  • Lasmartchika
    Lasmartchika Posts: 3,440 Member
    Options
    wolfsbayne wrote: »
    8399c436598c8a3dbc70aa5e7509849f.jpg

This is freaking awesome!

Oh... Em... Gee!! :awesome: That is the awesomest tree EVER!! :awesome: If only I had the space for such a tree... :grumble:
  • Joannah700
    Joannah700 Posts: 2,665 Member
    Options
    drenze wrote: »
    You think you've got issues. I've got a buddy and his daughter who want to put a Weeping Angel on top of the tree. Wife/mom won't let them. :smiley:

That's because the weeping angels could suck away your life...honestly. Where is the Christmas spirit in that?

Sometimes I walk past an angel statute nowadays and I admit...I give it the shifty eye.