Anyone feel like their weight loss is effortless?

Options

Replies

• lifeskittles
    lifeskittles Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    Shrimp! I can eat like 1200 thousand shrimp for 200 calories and get a zillion grams of protein and be totally sastisfied :D.. I buy 4 lbs of cocktail shrimp every time I go shopping. I used to have a bad sugar addiction, but ever since I pushed aside most processed foods (at least my trigger ones) I don't really crave or binge on sugar the way I used to :)...oh and quest bars help
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options
    It's effortless for me, although I'm not trying to lose any more. Maintenance is effortless as well. The reason being that everything I do is habit now. I don't have to think about it. That combined with a pretty damn high maintenance number....it's effortless.
  • jrline
    jrline Posts: 2,353 Member
    Options
    once you get in the habit it really is effortless. I lost 100lbs and now am maintaining and it seems very easy. I wonder why I let myself get so big.
  • blktngldhrt
    blktngldhrt Posts: 1,053 Member
    Options
    NK1112 wrote: »
    Your stomach is like your car's gas tank ... your body is like your car; you cannot run on empty and you will overflow if too full .... 1 is empty and 10 is too full. Eat when you are about 3 on the hunger scale and stop when you are about 7 on the full scale.

If I did that..i would be in trouble. My full scale is broken.
  • Espressocycle
    Espressocycle Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    My weight loss is constant effort. I expect it always will be because food is delicious.
  • lemon629
    lemon629 Posts: 501 Member
    edited December 2014
    Options
    At times it seems effortless for me, and other times it takes a lot of work.
    Overall, though, it is not difficult and sometimes I find myself getting annoyed that I didn't start this sooner.
  • farfromthetree
    farfromthetree Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    lemon629 wrote: »
    At times it seems effortless for me, and other times it takes a lot of work.
    Overall, though, it is not difficult and sometimes I find myself getting annoyed that I didn't start this sooner.

me too!!... Too many wasted years when it was all about the calories! duh!
  • TopazCutie
    TopazCutie Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    I always make sure my fridge and cabinets are stocked with quick, high protein, low cal foods I enjoy. I always bring my meals and snacks to work so I dont go to a vending machine or for the crap in the lunchroom!

Yup this is a big one, in the past I've done really well with weight loss, like I'm doing now, BUT looking back when my healthy goodies were done I never really restocked them! No wonder why I couldn't stay on the wagon before. I just figured the results would continue but boy was I wrong.

bringing my own stuff to work is also a big deal. It helps SO much
  • SPeffer1
    SPeffer1 Posts: 74 Member
    edited December 2014
    Options
    My weight loss the first time seemed effortless compared to how it is now, but I was running all the time and racing at least once a month. But I've gained weight since then. Not a ton - I'm not back to where I was, but after having surgery on my neck/spine, I wasn't able to run and some of the weight came back. And I'm very black/white on things and had trouble being motivated to also eat well when I wasn't able to run. Things are starting to come back into place now, and I'm running more, but definitely harder this time around.

My main thing is I need to plan meals and prep ahead of time. I also have to weigh/measure my food. Right now my biggest struggle is learning moderation for treats. Again - with my personality the way it is, I'm either black/white - I go all the way or not at all. I know I don't want to never eat treats, so I'm trying to learn that eating one cookie or dessert does not need to lead to an all out eating fest.
  • BigT555
    BigT555 Posts: 2,067 Member
    Options
    its effortless once you get into the routine.

for me losing the bulk of my weight was easy, but i had a daily routine down pat where I had all my activity and food perfectly in order. now that i have a more sporadic schedule its proving much tougher (but im also down to the notoriously hard last 20)
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,575 Member
    Options
    Effortless. Hmm, I'm not sure. It's not as effortless as gaining, that's for sure.
  • evarga12
    evarga12 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I think about it more as habit that I have grown accustomed too & I think it's pretty fun to do! For me M-F (day to day) are pretty much the same & on weekends I get a bit more creative ;).

Some tips that have helped me woul be:

Never using the "Search" function from MFP. I like to input the information manually - 85% the information MFP is either off or just completly wrong.

Inputting the foods in MFP during the day prior has helped me keep on track.

M-F foods - if the foods/liquids need to be weighed I do so the night before.

I feel grilling meat (Ground beef, steak & or chicken) on saturdays/sundays for the next 3-5 days makes the week's protein source easy to grab when on the go.

Having Potato or sweat potato on deck. This is an easy carb source. You can just get a moist napkin and wrap the potato around and cooked for like 3-5 mins. If I am planning on having potato that day I like to weigh it out a day before & work my carbs around that since the grams are not always the same.

May not be the most cost efficient but I like to keep Ben's Ready rice or Veetee Rice in the office. All you have to do it cut the top and throw it in the microwave. It's quick and easy & I dont weigh it out.

Keeping Oatmeal single packages in the office & at home - It's a quick and easy carb/protein source.

Weekends - I try eat freshly made food during the weekend and generally track in the AM. This helps me know what I should eat.

If I am planning on eating out I like to enter the estimated macros in MFP the day prior and then work my other macro intake around that.

It may seem like a lot of work but it may only take like 10-15mins or less a day once you get it down.

I would like to hear what others like to do!
  • Kitship
    Kitship Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    amymrls wrote: »
    I wish it was.... Only at first is it effortless

This. Sigh.

• 999tigger
    999tigger Posts: 5,235 Member
    Options
    Weight gain is pretty effortless, weight loss isnt, but its straightforward if you have the mindset and discipline to be consistent. So far. To start saying effortless runs the risk of becoming complacent and also I know many people find it incredibly hard for various reasons.

Big respect for those who have a lot to lose 150lbs+ etc and are on their journey. Stick at it, people do manage it.
  • holyfenix
    holyfenix Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Lol at all the people commenting on how their weightless isn't effortless. Yes we know weight loss can be very difficult for some.

As for myself, losing weight or more importantly fat is easy. I don't put unrealistic goals on my self and still shed a lb a week or more when I want to lose weight.... Now gaining muscle without a whole lot of fat is a completely different story. Ectomorph it's a blessing and a curse.
  • rybo
    rybo Posts: 5,424 Member
    Options
    At this point yes it is completely effortless. Getting here wasn't really that hard, but it took desire and common sense. The path I chose may not work for everyone, but it worked for me.
  • esjones12
    esjones12 Posts: 1,363 Member
    Options
    In order for it to feel effortless you need to make it a real routine. That means weeks of commitment. After two and a half years of slowly changing my lifestyle, I act and look and feel completely different than I used to. I actually exercise and eat healthy foods because I WANT to, not because I have to. You just can't quit.
  • amehh91
    amehh91 Posts: 1,282 Member
    Options
    It has definitely felt pretty effortless so far and I am nearly halfway.
    For me it has to be meal planning (a resolution I started at the beginning of 2014 to cut down my weekly food budget) and then pre logging the ingredients before I eat, even if the weights aren't quite exact yet (I do update these when I actually eat though!) to get an idea of what the meal/day looks like and change it up if necessary.
  • dawn0293
    dawn0293 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    It was at first but as my weight has gone down, so has the ease of the pounds being shed. These last few pounds are going to be a pain, I think. Oh well, I'm up for the challenge.
  • icrushit
    icrushit Posts: 773 Member
    Options
    Wish it was effortless too, but these seem to be the hard yards. At first it was effortless though :smile: