Options
124»

Replies

• Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,575 Member
    Options
    lynn1982 wrote: »
    KellieTru wrote: »
    I tried the. I wasn't a fan of the texture but they were edible. The family gobbled them down (only because I rarely bake treats these days). Haven't made them since.

How does this add to the thread?

Um, it answers the OP's (my) question so it seems right on point. Much more so than your reply.
  • try2again
    try2again Posts: 3,562 Member
    Options
    My family actually prefers my black bean brownies to regular ones (I think the key ingredient is instant coffee, which really boosts the chocolate flavor). The texture is great. They don't offer much if any calorie savings, though, even after modifying.
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    Options
    I'm a picky eater and scoff at the 'replacement' foods but I do really like black bean brownies. the person who made them even made them vegan. I was greatly impressed.
  • MalkinMagic71
    MalkinMagic71 Posts: 1,433 Member
    Options
    My wife makes black bean brownies. I hate black beans in general, but for some reason they work in the brownies.. and they taste great.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,988 Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    catic32 wrote: »
    Vegan Gluten Free Black Bean Brownies / Minimalist Baker

Mom's neighbor loves these, so I made them. I thought they were edible, but wouldn't serve them at a dinner party.

I'm going to try the CCK recipe. (Not for a dinner party.)

• M3ltD0Vvn
    M3ltD0Vvn Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Our local grocery store sells Black Bean Ice Cream. They have all the traditional flavors (Vanilla, Strawberry & Chocolate), but two always make me cringe - Black Bean Flavor, and Green Tea Flavor.

I'm very game to trying black bean brownies! Going to have to spin up one of these recipes soon!
  • kshama2001
    Options
    try2again wrote: »
    My family actually prefers my black bean brownies to regular ones (I think the key ingredient is instant coffee, which really boosts the chocolate flavor). The texture is great. They don't offer much if any calorie savings, though, even after modifying.

America's Test Kitchen likes to add instant coffee to boost chocolate flavor. How much do you add for brownies?
  • kshama2001
    edited December 2015
    Options
    BoubouChan wrote: »
    I've tried this recipe and liked it : http://chocolatecoveredkatie.com/2012/09/06/no-flour-black-bean-brownies/

It really helps that there is chocolate in there and not just cocoa powder (I used 70% chocolate).

Oh and don't forget to get no salt added black beans!

These are good! I reduced the honey and the sugar and added some pecans, as indicated below. Not included is the 1/2 t of baking powder.

gu8reulnzqu4.jpg
  • KellieTru
    KellieTru Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    lynn1982 wrote: »
    KellieTru wrote: »
    I tried the. I wasn't a fan of the texture but they were edible. The family gobbled them down (only because I rarely bake treats these days). Haven't made them since.

How does this add to the thread?

The questions were: have you tried them? If yes what did you think? Any tips?
    I was sharing my experience making them. I answered the questions.
  • CMCNYSC
    CMCNYSC Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Try a low carb cheesecake - they are very good, especially with some fresh fruit on top! http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/low-carb-new-york-ricotta-cheesecake-recipe.html
  • Of_Monsters_and_Meat
    Of_Monsters_and_Meat Posts: 1,022 Member
    Options
    I don't really like black beans. Could I use kindey beans instead?
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    I don't really like black beans. Could I use kindey beans instead?
    Apparently yes. http://brooklynfarmgirl.com/2014/04/25/fudgy-red-bean-brownies/
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,575 Member
    Options
    M3ltD0Vvn wrote: »
    Our local grocery store sells Black Bean Ice Cream. They have all the traditional flavors (Vanilla, Strawberry & Chocolate), but two always make me cringe - Black Bean Flavor, and Green Tea Flavor.

I'm very game to trying black bean brownies! Going to have to spin up one of these recipes soon!

I have had green tea ice cream. Not with beans, just regular green tea flavored ice cream. It was good. Not chocolate good, but good.