Does it really matter that my fats are consistently over?? :/

Options
13»

Replies

• the_m0tivat0r
    Options
    MrM27 wrote: »
    Here are a few I can keep going. The only point I am trying to get across is dairy is hard on the body to digest and if it works for you great but as a trainer and she came to me or any trainer I know her diet right now is a nightmare and needs to be adjusted. Your not being a D":K your asking and its my job to help provide answers. Everyones body is different like you said we all know that. but if you read carefully what I put in my first post she needs to fill in proteins and fats before she fills in carbs. That was my main point.

http://drhyman.com/blog/2010/06/24/dairy-6-reasons-you-should-avoid-it-at-all-costs-2/#close
    http://www.webmd.com/fda/problems-digesting-dairy-products
    http://healthyeating.sfgate.com/foods-difficult-digest-6812.html
    http://www.livestrong.com/article/309180-foods-that-are-difficult-to-digest/

Continuously saying "as a trainer" does not make your word validated any more than someone else's. Your job is not to provide people diets. Your job is to train people.

And before you pop off with the "I'm a trainer" nonsense again, let me tell you, I'm a trainer as well so don't think you know how everyone thinks or that there is some special dairy rule. Also if you want to claim that people can't get lean if they have dairy then I invite you to creep my pictures. I'll wait for you to post yours.

Signed,

Another trainer, which honestly doesn't mean s***

Before you get on your high horse read what I said:
    any trainer I know (I DONT KNOW YOU)
    My job is to provide diets, not only do I have my CPT I have my Fitness Nutrition Specialization

• the_m0tivat0r
    Options
    she came to me or any trainer I know her diet right now is a nightmare and needs to be adjusted.

I bet my diet is a nightmare and then some for you!!

I was just trying to say that not everyone has a problem with dairy. Saying everyone has to cut out dairy to achieve a certain look is like saying everyone has to cut out carbs to be healthy. It's just not true. Losing the dairy may help some people..but the majority of people don't suffer ill effects from dairy.

I understand and like I said if it works for you that's great I was giving a suggestion, that's it no need to bash people for there opinions. Did not bash yours. all I simply did was offer advice.
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,342 Member
    edited December 2014
    Options
    I don't bloat from dairy, I hardly bloat at all....IF I do its because of pasta or lettuce! I know weird! I still enjoy pasta but I keep my portions very small and drink plenty of water and that really helps.

I know I like my snacks, but hey if I can have them and still be in deficit its all good :) I've been eating this way for 2 1/2 yrs and have never felt like I'm going without, I am confident not cutting out any certain foods is why I've been able to keep my weight off.

My pooch is from loose skin from having two big babies, my stomach just never bounced back to pre-pregnancy shape but it is the smallest its been in years - I'm in good shape for my age as far as I'm concerned :) and I certainly get a lot of compliments to confirm that :-D
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    Options
    wgzjtvj91mho.jpg

you see, I have a body most women would be proud of now - and I work darn hard to keep it :)
    and I got it by eating well balanced meals and with daily treats, no good groups had to be cut out.
    I'm only talking about wanting to shed a couple more pounds for vanity's sake :)
  • cookiealbright
    cookiealbright Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    I'm not a trainer, but I've been watching my weight for about 40 yrs. so I can tell you what works for me. If I want to lose 5 lbs (for any reason). I just lower my calorie intake and up my excercise. I looked at your diary and my thought was maybe your excercise calorie burn is lower than what you are entering. Another thing is as you get older you don't burn calories like you used to. Best of luck to ya!
  • blktngldhrt
    blktngldhrt Posts: 1,053 Member
    Options
    she came to me or any trainer I know her diet right now is a nightmare and needs to be adjusted.

I bet my diet is a nightmare and then some for you!!

I was just trying to say that not everyone has a problem with dairy. Saying everyone has to cut out dairy to achieve a certain look is like saying everyone has to cut out carbs to be healthy. It's just not true. Losing the dairy may help some people..but the majority of people don't suffer ill effects from dairy.

I understand and like I said if it works for you that's great I was giving a suggestion, that's it no need to bash people for there opinions. Did not bash yours. all I simply did was offer advice.

There was no bashing on my part. :\
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    Options
    ^^ I'm not good about taking progress pics, that one above is a year old and since then I've lost more inches/ same weight but inch loss all over - especially my waist/hips
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    Options
    @cookiealbright I don't enter any exercise calories, Fitbit does that for me. I reckon their estimation is a tad high though and I do try to keep that in mind.
    I want to be able to eat as much as possible and still lose :)
  • jessupbrady
    jessupbrady Posts: 508 Member
    Options
    Before you get on your high horse read what I said:
    any trainer I know (I DONT KNOW YOU)
    My job is to provide diets, not only do I have my CPT I have my Fitness Nutrition Specialization

See, my problem with this is you came out with a "scare" about dairy. You did it in such a way it came across as if eliminating dairy was something that everyone could benefit from.
    if someone took to heart what you posted about avoiding dairy you could cause problems for their health. My dietitian has told me to increase my dairy. But, I have health issues that my body benefits from by having it.
    I did a troll through your articles and they were either for people who were lactose intolerant or specified problems with dairy high in fat. it was not anything specific against all forms of dairy or how everyone could benefit from the removal of dairy. nor did they recommend ways to maintain benefits from dairy if one did eliminate dairy, which to me is the scariest aspect of this.
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    edited December 2014
    Options
    I hate to be the bad guy but your eating enough. I know your trying to lose and everyone thinks less is more. Your first goal should always be is to hit your protein goal, from there it should be your fats since you are cutting, and if you pull from any area or don't hit your goal on a area it should be carbs. not telling you what to eat but if you want a smaller tummy or waist you need to cut back on the dairy products cause they are natural allergens that will automatically bloat you. The average day at least 200 cals you have are from snacks, tea, and coffees. There is a difference between losing weight and looking healthy and losing weight looking sickly.

I had a laugh out loud moment at the thought of me looking sickly :-D I've still got my curves in all the right places and am as healthy as a trout (I think thats a saying LOL)..I'm full of energy, I sleep great, and its only me that thinks I should lose a few more pounds, my family and friends say enough already lol....I will have a look at my macros again though, I know I could do with upping my protein.
    And I feel my stats are good as well, waist 26"/chest 34"/hips 35.5" - they're smaller than when I was in my 20s and a stone (14lbs) lighter.
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    Options
    I wouldn't worry, as long as your sugar intake is relatively controlled. In fact I have lost quicker recently since increasing fat intake and dropping sugar.

^^ sugar could be the issue, I'll have to re think my snacks etc
  • elphie754
    elphie754 Posts: 7,574 Member
    edited December 2014
    Options
    I wouldn't worry, as long as your sugar intake is relatively controlled. In fact I have lost quicker recently since increasing fat intake and dropping sugar.

Unless you have a medical issue, there is no reason to stay Way from sugar. Fruit contains sugar...
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    Options
    elphie754 wrote: »

Unless you have a medical issue, there is no reason to stay Way from sugar. Fruit contains sugar...

I actually checked my sugar, I regularly am under the mfp goals for that so its not that. I know I don't eat enough protein, around 80g when I should be eating around 110g/day
  • GaleHawkins
    GaleHawkins Posts: 8,160 Member
    Options
    I don't avail much of the reports feature on MFP and I'm just realising that with closer look at them I consistently go over on fats! they average 35% of my daily average intake!

Maybe this is the reason why these stubborn last few pounds just will not go?

I'm consistently under calories by an average deficit of 310 calories a day according to the reports from past 90 days but many would say all calories are not equal so maybe its my fats that are the issue!

Any thoughts on this?

(I basically have been maintaining for a year but would have liked to have dropped a final 3 - 5 lbs to allow for fluctuations)

My diary is open.

Going heavy on the fat side and lower the carb side works for me but everyone is different.

We know we can eat all of the fat we want and not increase our risk of cancer for example but doing the same with carbs does increase the risk of developing cancer. The risk goes up some from adding more protein (half becomes glucose) but not as much as adding more carbs.

The last few pounds seldom leave as easy as first pounds lost as others have noted. One health care provider told me yesterday six months ago she was 5 pounds from her goal and just last week she realized she had lost 3 of the 5 after six months of NO weight loss.

You have done well. Keep in mind for many eating more Fat makes us more thin and eating more Carbs makes us more thick. :)

• LivingtheLeanDream
    Options
    I don't avail much of the reports feature on MFP and I'm just realising that with closer look at them I consistently go over on fats! they average 35% of my daily average intake!

I'm consistently under calories by an average deficit of 310 calories a day according to the reports from past 90 days but many would say all calories are not equal so maybe its my fats that are the issue!

Any thoughts on this?

(I basically have been maintaining for a year but would have liked to have dropped a final 3 - 5 lbs to allow for fluctuations)

My diary is open.

Going heavy on the fat side and lower the carb side works for me but everyone is different.

We know we can eat all of the fat we want and not increase our risk of cancer for example but doing the same with carbs does increase the risk of developing cancer. The risk goes up some from adding more protein (half becomes glucose) but not as much as adding more carbs.

The last few pounds seldom leave as easy as first pounds lost as others have noted. One health care provider told me yesterday six months ago she was 5 pounds from her goal and just last week she realized she had lost 3 of the 5 after six months of NO weight loss.

You have done well. Keep in mind for many eating more Fat makes us more thin and eating more Carbs makes us more thick. :)

I love your quote 'eating more Fat makes us more thin and eating more Carbs makes us more thick' :-D maybe I'll see my 'whoosh' of those last few pounds soon :) thank you for your comment.

• cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    dietary fat =/= body fat. You don't get fat from eating fat.
  • rachylouise87
    rachylouise87 Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    depends on your body. with me low carb higher fat works but calories are all within a deficit. personally i stick to my goals but if your not losing maybe adjust or tweek something. if i use oil its extra virgin and i still eat loads of cheese dairy etc my fats are set at 53g per day i dont usually go over but it all has to be relative to your CICO per day.
  • blktngldhrt
    blktngldhrt Posts: 1,053 Member
    Options

Any thoughts on this?

My diary is open.

This is only true if you are eating more calories in carbs than in fats.. Or if you have a medical condition.