overdid it last night....

Options
So i went to the work holiday party last night, went in with the best of intentions, planned on not standing by the food so i wouldn't overeat.... unfortunately even the best laid plans fail.... i went in and started nibbling and trying everything and going for seconds and sometimes thirds... then there was the dessert table.....

In the past, after a night like that, i would just say the hell with it and what's the point and i guess it doesn't matter anymore or i'll restart next week.....HOWEVER today is a new day, i allowed myself to go the party, guilt free, and i had fun and didn't stress... i am back on track today and i can officially say i am in the right frame of mind to lose weight the right way this time :smile:

Replies

• queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    Good for you!! that is exactly how it is done!! Forget tomorrow, today is a new day.
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    -seal-of-approval_20120527001605.jpg

• leooftheyear
    leooftheyear Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    rabbitjb wrote: »
    -seal-of-approval_20120527001605.jpg

LOVE THIS PICTURE!!!
  • elphie754
    elphie754 Posts: 7,574 Member
    Options
    queenliz99 wrote: »
    Good for you!! that is exactly how it is done!! Forget tomorrow, today is a new day.

Huh-forget tomorrow? Did you mean forget yesterday? Or have you figured out how to time travel?
  • agal129
    agal129 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    good for you. I know the feeling and I am slowly learning not to throw myself down the staircase if I miss a few stairs.
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Options
    Good for you!

This is real progress!!!

Go you!!
  • court_alacarte
    court_alacarte Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    yes yes! good for you! same thing happened to me: went to a company happy hour on monday planning to just sip on soda water and socialize, and i did good on the water, but then the cheese fries came out and... yeah. so i jumped on the treadmill after and started anew the next morning.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    awesome job!
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    edited December 2014
    Options
    elphie754 wrote: »

Huh-forget tomorrow? Did you mean forget yesterday? Or have you figured out how to time travel?

Clearly not enough coffee :# Now where did I put my crystal ball.
  • rossinator63
    rossinator63 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Good attitude, just stick with it.
  • dopeysmelly
    dopeysmelly Posts: 1,390 Member
    Options
    Seriously, one day does NOT make a meaningful difference, unless you let the guilt eat you up. I think your attitude is very health.
  • elphie754
    elphie754 Posts: 7,574 Member
    Options
    elphie754 wrote: »

Clearly not enough coffee :# Now where did I put my crystal ball.

Lol I knew what you meant but couldn't resist
  • TopazCutie
    TopazCutie Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    Sweet!!!
  • BZAH10
    BZAH10 Posts: 5,709 Member
    Options
    Excellent! See, and THIS is exactly what people mean when they say things like, "I wish I thought like a "skinny" person who eats normally and doesn't stress about food.", or "I wish I could be like so-and-so who eats whatever they want and don't gain weight." It's NOT that they eat whatever they want. It's that they use the balanced approach REGULARLY as you noted in your OP. Make this a habit!
  • anastasiaobrien
    anastasiaobrien Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    leooftheyear, that is exactly what I have been doing for years! Saying "f it!" and then going back to bad habits - thing is, each time I do that, I gain even more weight.

So, this time, I stopped myself from thinking one "over-do-it" ruined an entire day/weekend/week...last Friday it happened and I just went home and picked up where I left off telling myself it's ok - now back on track! It's hard though.

Sometimes, I almost feel like I use it as an excuse to "cheat" more you know?

Stasia

• Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    Congrats on moving on! This is the key: know yourself, and don't sweat one day, just move on. cheers
  • court_alacarte
    court_alacarte Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    just had chipotle catered at work which coincidentally came with a couple of boxes of tiff's treats... i ate 2 cookies.

gl7asi30bm2f.gif
  • leooftheyear
    Options
    leooftheyear, that is exactly what I have been doing for years! Saying "f it!" and then going back to bad habits - thing is, each time I do that, I gain even more weight.

So, this time, I stopped myself from thinking one "over-do-it" ruined an entire day/weekend/week...last Friday it happened and I just went home and picked up where I left off telling myself it's ok - now back on track! It's hard though.

Sometimes, I almost feel like I use it as an excuse to "cheat" more you know?

Stasia

completely agree, one bad meal used to throw off entire days/weeks for me.... i'm so glad that this time i said F**K IT but i'm right back to tracking, the mental thing is so much harder to overcome than the eating & tracking :smile:
  • CloudyMao
    CloudyMao Posts: 258 Member
    edited December 2014
    Options
    That's awesome! This is how you get things done! well done to you OP, and thanks for sharing.
  • leooftheyear
    Options
    c4rtr4t wrote: »
    just had chipotle catered at work which coincidentally came with a couple of boxes of tiff's treats... i ate 2 cookies.

gl7asi30bm2f.gif

I LOVE CHIPOTLE!!! but now it's more of a treat for me :smile: