overdid it last night....

Options
2»

Replies

• NoelFigart1
    NoelFigart1 Posts: 1,276 Member
    Options
    I think you did the right thing. I wonder how much better a lot of our habits would be if we did not let an outraged sense of perfection throw us.

Congratulations.
  • cjames010
    cjames010 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I went to a party last week and did really well with the appetizers and dinner.
    Appetizers: carrot sticks,
    Dinner: fruit, shrimp stir fry and noodles.

Then came dessert. I was very good and had my ONE piece of jello cheesecake. Then somehow that turned into three!
    Whoops. Came home, regretted nothing, and my weight is down this week.
  • agal129
    agal129 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    cjames010 wrote: »
    I went to a party last week and did really well with the appetizers and dinner.
    Appetizers: carrot sticks,
    Dinner: fruit, shrimp stir fry and noodles.

Then came dessert. I was very good and had my ONE piece of jello cheesecake. Then somehow that turned into three!
    Whoops. Came home, regretted nothing, and my weight is down this week.

Jello Cheesecake..mmmmm
  • melimomTARDIS
    melimomTARDIS Posts: 1,941 Member
    Options
    I went to a xmas party this past weekend, and the food was catered. had a full dinner plate of dinner, and a full dinner plate of dessert.

REGRETS NOTHING.
  • melimomTARDIS
    melimomTARDIS Posts: 1,941 Member
    Options
    Im still a glutton, dont let the size 0 pants fool ya.
  • middlehaitch
    middlehaitch Posts: 8,484 Member
    Options
    Ours was a whole weekend do at a hot springs resort! I ate and drank like the devil, logged it as best I could, came home weighed +2.5lb, shrugged.

I was back to my normal weight by Wednesday. An unexpected hooray there.

Isn't it wonderful when you can let go and know you will get right back to it the day after - it makes all those celebration meals so much easier.
    Cheers, h.
  • hamoncan
    hamoncan Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    \o/

Exactly. Seems like the less you sweat those days, the less they push you to double and triple down on indulging since you "blew it" anyways.

The better I get at brushing off those "off" days, the more pleasantly surprised I am at my weight loss when I think I had a bit of a "bad" week.
  • MaryCS62
    MaryCS62 Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    Mine was last night. 2 hrs of free open bar, so I had a few things I don't normally get. Ignored the pasta & pizza stations,the sliders & mashed potato stations, did have the roast duck & a couple of pieces of cheese, (& other stuff!) in addition to a couple of tiny pastries & a chocolate/mini m&m covered pretzel log. Also had fresh berries & raw veggies.
    Didn't eat as much as I usually would, enjoyed what I did. Not sure if I managed to log everything, but I'm significantly under my calories today, & not feeling hungry.
  • anastasiaobrien
    anastasiaobrien Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I honestly believe that if you don't treat it as this bad, bad thing and just say, "oh well" and move on, you're better off. I think the guilt and beating yourself up over eating something you "shouldn't" or eating a little bit more than you should is what does it.

The worse you let it make you feel, the more discouraged you get and it turns into a domino effect whereby you then feel hopeless and like what's the point.

I have promised myself to try a new way of thinking. One cheat or one meal or even one day of going "off diet" isn't going to ruin the whole thing. As long as I am as well-behaved (consistently eating well) most of the time, I'll be ok. I just have to avoid the binges.

S

• TheUnwritten
    TheUnwritten Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    I did the same thing yesterday with my work Christmas party. I was doing fine till I saw the dessert table and before I knew I had a whole plate of just dessert lol. I ate the whole plate and went for seconds like a boss! I am back on track today.
  • middlehaitch
    middlehaitch Posts: 8,484 Member
    Options
    Ooh, I ate a whole plate of delicious deserts too, then took a second plate to bed with me. Heehee, it was great, I really enjoyed sitting in bed with a plate of deserts and a glass of wine.
    I wouldn't ever think of doing that at home but the setting just asked for it ( hot spring pool right outside our patio door!). So I went for it.
    Happy Christmas.
    Cheers, h.