gym pet peeves

Options

Replies

• ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    The gnarly neanderthals in the weights room who do one rep at the heaviest possible weight, walk around the cardio room, stare at the women there, then at a mirror for 10 minutes then repeat this process.

I'd also like to know what those grunt type noises they make mean when a non-lifter enters the weights room to lift.

whats wrong with doing a one rep max????
  • musicmint
    musicmint Posts: 469
    Options
    this. what animal does this????

2013-03-18_06-33-28_579_zps13ddcb70.jpg

I dont understand what the problem is in this pic
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    this. what animal does this????

2013-03-18_06-33-28_579_zps13ddcb70.jpg

I dont understand what the problem is in this pic

tiny little weight is racked behind multiple large weights. it just makes no sense. why would someone do this?!?!??!?!
  • Capt_Apollo
    Options
    The gnarly neanderthals in the weights room who do one rep at the heaviest possible weight, walk around the cardio room, stare at the women there, then at a mirror for 10 minutes then repeat this process.

I'd also like to know what those grunt type noises they make mean when a non-lifter enters the weights room to lift.

you go to the weight room?
  • lithezebra
    lithezebra Posts: 3,670 Member
    Options
    The only thing that has ever really bothered me is people yelling about politics across the cardio room, and the poor people who work at the gym vacuuming and stirring up dust that triggers my asthma. Grunting amuses me, and if someone stares, I say "hello."
  • rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    Options
    Next time I see you at the gym with my monster ill make sure to look hot with makeup and hop on the treadmill next to you so I can constantly look at your stats and stare at you for sweating so much.

That is all.

Oh yeah, also I like to watch food network while I exercise. Hope you'll like it too. If not.... *shrug*
  • DalekBrittany
    DalekBrittany Posts: 1,748 Member
    Options
    I go on one treadmill out of the like, 20 in my gym. Just one. If there is someone on the one next to it, I smile politely if they look at me and focus on my own ****. It's the best treadmill there. It's not noisy and everything works the way it should. If they have a problem with me being on the one right next to them, they are welcome to move to any other treadmill. :)
  • DalekBrittany
    DalekBrittany Posts: 1,748 Member
    Options
    Next time I see you at the gym with my monster ill make sure to look hot with makeup and hop on the treadmill next to you so I can constantly look at your stats and stare at you for sweating so much.

That is all.

Oh yeah, also I like to watch food network while I exercise. Hope you'll like it too. If not.... *shrug*

Me too! Our machines have individual TVs though, so if someone has a problem with me watching it, I'd have to wonder why they're watching the TV on someone else's machine! lol
  • 1ConcreteGirl
    1ConcreteGirl Posts: 3,677 Member
    Options
    Number one: people who are more busy judging people than working out.

Sounds like there's a market for a gym for special judgey people.
  • Alphastate
    Alphastate Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    Another pet peeve...people who probably break these pet peeves because they have no gym etiquette. If you aren't paying attention to your surroundings, you may be part of the problem...i.e. dude who looks at his abs after every set.
  • rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    Options

.... Planet fitness.....

*runs*
  • ndj1979
    Options

Ohohohoh I know I know pick me pick me....

We will call it "Peevers Gym - where all the pissed off people go"

how does that sound?
  • ndj1979
    Options

hahahahahaha

nice, I like your style...
  • billsica
    billsica Posts: 4,741 Member
    Options
    I pay my money like everyone else. I just sit on the bench slowly doing my curls watching you on the treadmill. Until a staff person comes tells my not to ogle, I'm gonna keep ogling. . and grunting whist sipping my late. I think I'll start texting and do the crossword puzzle on the elliptical too. Right next to you.

tumblr_lvz4qmIZ7N1r4qzijo1_250.gif
  • ndj1979
    Options
    My gym has machines in a circle for circuit training. You do one machine for one minute then switch. I HATE it when people choose the machine directly next to mine. Sometimes I like to spend an extra minute on a certain machine and I can't when you're right behind me, waiting for that machine. So frustrating!

Correct me if I'm wrong, but there is a time limit on these things. You're supposed to switch to the next machine, so I don't think you can be really mad if people are waiting on you to be done.. that's your fault not theirs.

machines in a circle....machine circle jerk? WTF..????
  • Capt_Apollo
    Options

hahahahahaha

nice, I like your style...

tumblr_mdxedmZyta1rlhnibo1_400.gif
  • KevDaniel
    KevDaniel Posts: 449 Member
    Options

I agree!! Glad you got my back..:bigsmile:

Not only a repeat topic but 50 friggin pages plus in search results.
  • BajaDreamin333
    BajaDreamin333 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    I think I love you....you nailed them all. I could go on, but I'm laughing too hard. Thanks for venting and bringing some humor to this wild ride that is fitness!
  • CrankMeUp
    CrankMeUp Posts: 2,860 Member
    Options
    okkkkkkkkkkkkk then.

that's a lot of judgement.

I just go...lift all the things, and go home.

Maybe if you work harder you wont be paying attention so much to what others are doing.
  • xxDearyen
    xxDearyen Posts: 20
    Options
    I think everyone else in this thread has already addressed my sentiments on OP's comment (ie. It's ridiculous). So instead, I'm going to digress to a only slightly related topic.

My workouts used to be almost entirely cardio. I was moody, annoyed and exhausted almost all the time. A lot of what OP listed also annoyed me. Now that I'm training with weights, I couldn't be happier and believe the list OP has written could not be any more trivial. I feel like OP's cardio workout is having negative effects on her mental health, as it seems like most of her complaints come from that side of the gym (If you have ever gone to BB forums and seen what they complain about, their comments greatly differ).

Maybe re-evaluate your workout? It might help with your current condition-- the one that makes you sound like a complete and utter cow.