Question for female runners with a big chest

Options
2»

Replies

• 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    Options
    kbmnurse wrote: »
    I went to a Brassiere/corset shop spent $40 on a running bra. BEST thing I ever did. So comfortable and supportive. I actually want to wear it all the time. B)

That's what the one I got at Athleta cost, and yes - I wear it for more than working out. And they're actually attractive. I can also wear it without a tank top if I get really sweaty.
  • kinkyslinky16
    kinkyslinky16 Posts: 1,469 Member
    Options
    Enell sports bras.. They keep those suckers in place... Expensive but totally worth it.
  • BodyByBex
    BodyByBex Posts: 3,685 Member
    Options
    www.herroom.com

Check out their sports bras. They can be expensive. A couple even have bounce test videos! You can view reviews from women with YOUR bra size/chest size for each bra and they make returns/exchanges super easy!
  • jdhcm2006
    jdhcm2006 Posts: 2,254 Member
    Options
    I like Wacoal.
  • mykaylis
    mykaylis Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    I bought a sports bra at target when I first started my weight loss journey. It was a size XXL, I wore a 44 DDD! The sports bras at target run very small. My breasts were popping out from the sides.
    Now, 77 pounds down, it still fits, but it's very, very loose. I went to Walmart and bought 2 size medium thick stretch sports bras and I wear all 3 with a very tight tank top and my breasts stay in place and I can run faster and also do my High knees in Insanity.
    Just double up on the bras and wear a very tight tank top or shirt and you'll be fine. :)

if you've lost that much weight i can GUARANTEE it does not fit. what is your rib cage measurement? your bust measurement? get those two numbers and go to breakoutbras.com to figure out your actual size. DDD is not the biggest cup size out there, they're just the biggest available in common retail stores, so a LOT of people are misled to believe they're a 44DDD when they might be a 40H.
  • amtru2015
    amtru2015 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Believe it or not Danskins has a high impact one that I use quite a bit. I buy them super tight. Also, I have been known to wear two sports bras or a sports bra over a regular one because I cannot stand a lot of movement when im running every morning
  • MisterZ33
    MisterZ33 Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    Ummm...no...i will not run behind you, reach around, and hold them for support.

that's weird...
  • PowerfulHunt
    PowerfulHunt Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    Also, I get them 1-2 sizes too small.
  • jbee27
    jbee27 Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    tigerblue wrote: »
    Target has a C9 line by Champion that has some high support models. They are reasonably priced too--under $25.

Seconding this. I layer one of their sized ones (36DD) under a stretchy (M) one, and have found this to be more supportive than the Lululemon one. (Which was three times the cost.)
  • laura2813
    laura2813 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I'm a 36DD and have several different ones from Under Armor and Nike. They have to be high impact and fit snug when you put them on. I tried regular sports bras and they were painful to run in. It was the best money I spent when I switched to a high impact bra. Invest... you'll be glad you did.