MeanderingMammal Posts: 7,866 Member
    Options
    Low cal, low fat and low carb,,,

Glass of water perhaps?
  • MeanderingMammal
    MeanderingMammal Posts: 7,866 Member
    Options
    SueInAz wrote: »
    Still not entirely true. What about those who are diabetic, insulin-resistant, have PCOS, thyroid issues, etc.? It's not always about CICO for anyone who doesn't have allergies. It would be more realistic to say "Unless you have an underlying medical condition, it's about CICO."

It's still about CICO, otherwise where is the stored energy coming from? Solar power or wind power collwected through the hair?

All those conditions have an influence on either how efficienctly the CI is processed or how many CO are in the equation.

• kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    No wonder you are tired of your diet. Low calorie, low fat and low sugar equals low taste and low satiety. Snacking is also inferior to meals as satiety is concerned. Try to eat a varied diet of whole foods that you like, and not too little; if you want to lose weight, aim for no more than 1% loss of body weight per week.
  • PearlAng
    PearlAng Posts: 681 Member
    Options
    SueInAz wrote: »
    I'm sure there are lots of snack ideas but one thing to keep in mind that low-fat foods are usually mostly carbs which aren't very filling, at least not for long. There's nothing wrong with dietary fat; it doesn't make you fat and does a pretty good job of keeping hunger at bay longer.

Raw veggies are always a good choice. You might eat them with a dip made with Greek yogurt or hummus.

Dry, low sugar cereal like Kix, Cheerios or Chex. You could make your own Chex mix with just the cereal. It'll have flavor and less calories than the version with all of the different ingredients.

I say low fat because one day I came across a roasted chicken recipe from a woman who was on a low carb diet and she used 5 tbsp. of olive oil (a total of 600 calories) which all ended up at the bottom of the pan soaking the veggies full of oil. I just can't eat like that.
    But white refined carbs are the worst of all.

That sounds like a yummy meal, to be honest. 6 tbsp would be a little excessive to me, but I get the idea behind it if you are on a high fat, low carb diet.

White refined carbs are not the devil either. To be honest, no food is evil. Food is food. Eat everything you like in moderation with a calorie deficit and you'll be fine.
    Agreed ^ the day that I stopped trying to cut certain foods out of my life (especially sweets and pastries) was the day I began binging less frequently.

Op, maybe you could try detour protein bars. I get a cinnamon apple one and it's got 10 grams of protein at just 130 calories