Weight gain after upping a 100calories

Options
I've been eating 1300+ my fitbit calories and maintaining but a week ago I decided to add another hundred calories since MFP says that I should be eating 1480 calories to maintain my weight. However, I've gained a kg since then I'm thinking of going back to 1300 calories + fitbit calories. Any advice? I'm confused.

Replies

• blktngldhrt
    blktngldhrt Posts: 1,053 Member
    Options
    Don't eat back all of the fitbit calories
  • Wingg_
    Wingg_ Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    Don't eat back all of the fitbit calories

How much of the fitbit calories should I eat back?
  • Juvenica
    Juvenica Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    probably that 100 and see the difference
  • Wingg_
    Options
    Juvenica wrote: »
    probably that 100 and see the difference

Alright thanks! I'm gonna drop that hundred tomorrow.
  • blktngldhrt
    Options
    You can wait a week to see if you gain again before eating less. If you still gain after a few weeks, you're eating too much.

Have you been drinking enough water? Changed your exercise routine? Have you been eating a lot of sodium? Where are you in your monthly cycle? Do you weigh your food?
  • SmartAlec03211988
    SmartAlec03211988 Posts: 1,896 Member
    Options
    A week is not long enough to say definitively that you've gained weight.

Two, three, yes, but not one.
  • Wingg_
    Options
    You can wait a week to see if you gain again before eating less. If you still gain after a few weeks, you're eating too much.

Have you been drinking enough water? Changed your exercise routine? Have you been eating a lot of sodium? Where are you in your monthly cycle? Do you weigh your food?

Today is the 7th day of me eating 1400+fitbit calories.
    The day before I upped the hundred kcal I ate too much sodium so i have lowered my sodium consumption these few days and drank lots of water.
    I do weigh my food with a scale.
  • Wingg_
    Options
    A week is not long enough to say definitively that you've gained weight.

Two, three, yes, but not one.

Is it possible that I've had over eaten when I was eating 1300+ fitbit kcal that's why I gained weight after I upped the 100 kcal?
  • DopeItUp
    DopeItUp Posts: 18,771 Member
    Options
    Eating more calories will almost always result in a small amount of weight gain. Even just water weight from increased calories and sodium. 1KG isn't any amount of weight, nor is one week any amount of time. Give it longer.
  • Wingg_
    Options
    DopeItUp wrote: »
    Eating more calories will almost always result in a small amount of weight gain. Even just water weight from increased calories and sodium. 1KG isn't any amount of weight, nor is one week any amount of time. Give it longer.

When I upped kcal from 1200 to 1300 I did not gain any weight and in fact lost weight.
    Is it just me. I'm scared of gaining weight after the amount of time and effort that I've put in to lose weight. Now that I've gained weight I'm pretty alarmed.
  • blktngldhrt
    Options

When I upped kcal from 1200 to 1300 I did not gain any weight and in fact lost weight.
    Is it just me. I'm scared of gaining weight after the amount of time and effort that I've put in to lose weight. Now that I've gained weight I'm pretty alarmed.

Dont let it alarm you..especially not after a week. Fluctuations happen. If you continue to gain, decrease by the 100 you added..or 50. Find out what works for your body.
  • GaleHawkins
    GaleHawkins Posts: 8,160 Member
    Options
    700 more cals in a week could add up to storing .2 pounds of fat and not 2.2 or a kilo. Most likely you have hydrated by about a quart of water I expect. More water is not a bad thing for some people .
  • nxd10
    nxd10 Posts: 4,570 Member
    Options
    I eat all my fitbit calories with no problems. It's hard to gain that much fat in a week. Water? Hard to log Christmas food (that's killing me this week)?
  • GaleHawkins
    GaleHawkins Posts: 8,160 Member
    Options

Think about it for a minute. You have figured out how to lose weight and saying you are only weighing once a week and you see a three pound gain. There may or may not be a little of it fat but you know how to lose weight so just do it. :)

Do not wait until you gain 30 pounds like I did. :(
  • DopeItUp
    DopeItUp Posts: 18,771 Member
    Options

Well, let me ask you this: do you think you've gained fat by going to 1400 calories? Unless you are way under 100lbs, this is basically impossible.
  • Wingg_
    Options

Dont let it alarm you..especially not after a week. Fluctuations happen. If you continue to gain, decrease by the 100 you added..or 50. Find out what works for your body.

I'm aware that fluctuation happens but it has never last this long.
  • Wingg_
    Options
    700 more cals in a week could add up to storing .2 pounds of fat and not 2.2 or a kilo. Most likely you have hydrated by about a quart of water I expect. More water is not a bad thing for some people .

I hope so
  • Wingg_
    Options
    nxd10 wrote: »
    I eat all my fitbit calories with no problems. It's hard to gain that much fat in a week. Water? Hard to log Christmas food (that's killing me this week)?

I've been eating all my fitbit kcal too.
    I haven't eat differently as compared to before.
  • Wingg_
    edited December 2014
    Options

Think about it for a minute. You have figured out how to lose weight and saying you are only weighing once a week and you see a three pound gain. There may or may not be a little of it fat but you know how to lose weight so just do it. :)

Do not wait until you gain 30 pounds like I did. :(

I weigh myself daily. I didn't lose weigh by counting calories tho.
    I can't even stand the fact that I've gained a kg for a few days so I don't think I will wait till I gain 30 pounds...
  • Wingg_
    Options

Well, let me ask you this: do you think you've gained fat by going to 1400 calories? Unless you are way under 100lbs, this is basically impossible.

I am aware that is kind of impossible but the thought of gaining weight scares me. I'm just feeling insecure.