Weight gain after upping a 100calories

Options
2»

Replies

• mymodernbabylon
    mymodernbabylon Posts: 1,038 Member
    Options
    It's probably just a bit of your glycogen store filling up which it will do once you move upward a bit. That's why you need to have a range of weight versus a specific goal weight. I've been eating around the same amount for a few months and I range between 145-149 with an avg about 147.4 (I put my weight in libra to see trends).
  • Wingg_
    Wingg_ Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    It's probably just a bit of your glycogen store filling up which it will do once you move upward a bit. That's why you need to have a range of weight versus a specific goal weight. I've been eating around the same amount for a few months and I range between 145-149 with an avg about 147.4 (I put my weight in libra to see trends).

When I was eating 1300+fitbit kcal my weight is pretty much the same I'll give it +/- 1kg and it usually doesn't last longer than a day. But this time it has lasted for like a week 0.0
  • Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    Options
    !9 years old and maintaining at 1300 calories??? You should be eating twice that amount for maintaining, depending on exercises. Also more then likely it was water weight gain.

OP read this: http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1080242/a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants/p1
  • janicelo1971
    janicelo1971 Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    if what your doing is causing weight gain, then go back to what you were doing 1300 plus fitbit calories and stay there...do what works for you
  • streamgirl
    streamgirl Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    If you were happy with the results you were achieving before, what prompted you to change? Were you feeling hungry or low energy? Why mess with a formula that worked? I am set at *gasp* 1200 calories, but I eat back fitbit and exercise and don't weigh/measure food except occasionally, so I figure it works itself out in the overestimation. I'm not sure what your original situation is, but keep the tools in perspective and rely on what you are seeing as results. Also, others are right, the weight gain you saw is probably just a fluctuation, so give it time to let the experiment prove itself.
  • Wingg_
    Options
    Serah87 wrote: »
    !9 years old and maintaining at 1300 calories??? You should be eating twice that amount for maintaining, depending on exercises. Also more then likely it was water weight gain.

OP read this: http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1080242/a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants/p1

I normally eat more than 1300kcal thanks to the fitbit kcal. Wouldn't the water weight go away?
  • Wingg_
    Options
    if what your doing is causing weight gain, then go back to what you were doing 1300 plus fitbit calories and stay there...do what works for you

Thanks for the advice! I'm stuck between going back to 1300+fitbit kcal or continue experimenting ...
  • TheVirgoddess
    TheVirgoddess Posts: 4,535 Member
    Options

She's closer to 2k calories with her exercise calories.

OP, I "gain" the same amount if I don't have a good poo the day before. Or my period is coming. Or I had a lot of salt. 2.2 pounds is nothing to worry over. Give it another week or so. If it sticks around, reevaluate your intake. My guess is it'll disappear on its own.
  • Wingg_
    Options
    streamgirl wrote: »
    If you were happy with the results you were achieving before, what prompted you to change? Were you feeling hungry or low energy? Why mess with a formula that worked? I am set at *gasp* 1200 calories, but I eat back fitbit and exercise and don't weigh/measure food except occasionally, so I figure it works itself out in the overestimation. I'm not sure what your original situation is, but keep the tools in perspective and rely on what you are seeing as results. Also, others are right, the weight gain you saw is probably just a fluctuation, so give it time to let the experiment prove itself.

I came across the website to count maintenance kcal so I've decided to try and see if I could actually maintain at a higher kcal intake.
    I want to continue experimenting, but the fear of gaining weight is holding me back.
  • Serah87
    edited December 2014
    Options

OP, I "gain" the same amount if I don't have a good poo the day before. Or my period is coming. Or I had a lot of salt. 2.2 pounds is nothing to worry over. Give it another week or so. If it sticks around, reevaluate your intake. My guess is it'll disappear on its own.

Ok....now I see the added fitbit cals, the 1300 then jumping it up to 1480 was what confused me.
  • Wingg_
    Options

Alright! I shall give it another week and hope that it'll go away! Thanks for the help!
  • Wingg_
    Options
    Maybe I'm just gonna accept the fact that I can only eat 1300+fitbit calories. I'm dropping back to 1300 :neutral_face:
    Thanks for all the help!
  • Serah87
    edited December 2014
    Options
    Maybe I'm just gonna accept the fact that I can only eat 1300+fitbit calories. I'm dropping back to 1300 :neutral_face:
    Thanks for all the help!
    Do you weigh all solid foods and measure liquids??

Are you accurate about your food diary??

If not that could be the culprit.
  • Wingg_
    Options
    Thanks for all the help!
    Do you weigh all solid foods and measure liquids??

Are you accurate about your food diary??

If not that could be the culprit.

I'm using a digital food scale to weight my food so I guess it's pretty accurate.
    I weigh everything even sweets and breads. So I really don't know what went wrong.
  • editorgrrl
    editorgrrl Posts: 7,060 Member
    Options
    I've been eating 1300+ my fitbit calories and maintaining but a week ago I decided to add another hundred calories since MFP says that I should be eating 1480 calories to maintain my weight. However, I've gained a kg since then I'm thinking of going back to 1300 calories + fitbit calories. Any advice? I'm confused.

Your Fitbit burn is your TDEE—aka your maintenance calories. If eat the same as your Fitbit burn but steadily gain, then you're underestimating your food. (But if it's only been a week, don't panic! Your weight will fluctuate +/- 2.5 lbs. per week.)

MFP has a Fitbit Users group: http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/1290-fitbit-users

Do not log any step-based activity. Your Fitbit is already tracking that for you. Log non-step exercise (like biking or swimming) in Fitbit or MFP—never both.

Log food & drink (including water) in MFP.

Enable negative calorie adjustments: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/account/diary_settings

Set your goal to maintenance: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/account/change_goals_guided

Follow your MFP goal, eating back your Fitbit adjustments.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    It's not mathematically possible to gain 2 kilos of fat by eating 100 more calories for a week, unless you were already eating at at 400 calorie surplus or something.

It's water weight...
  • estherdfoster
    estherdfoster Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    this is the site i use to look at how many calories i need for either maintaining, losing or gaining, and it shows per amount each week you prefer to lose or gain.
    http://www.calculator.net/calorie-calculator.html