What Do You Collect?

Options
IamMCM
IamMCM Posts: 122
edited December 2014 in Chit-Chat
I thought it might be fun to find out what everyone collects and if there are any unusual collections our there. As my avatar implies, I collect comedy/tragedy masks. They were popular in my mid-century modern growing up years, and we had a pair that I loved when I was really young. I don't know what happened to them, but as an adult I tried to find a duplicate and ended up buying many pairs before eBay came along and I was able to find the actual set I was looking for. By then, the collection was out of control. This photo only shows part. I have more on the other walls, plus a curio full of knick knacks and a number of TV lamps. I'd love to see what others are collecting.

itm5qeoyr6ya.jpg

Replies

• blueakama
    blueakama Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    I used to collect badges (pin and cloth) and stickers when I was a kid. I don't collect anything any more.
  • Owlie45
    Owlie45 Posts: 806 Member
    Options
    Owls. Love them. Just really started collecting this past year.
    I imagine I am getting several owl stuff for Christmas this year.
  • scorpiophoenix
    scorpiophoenix Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    Nail polish. Currently at 1136 bottles (I have a spreadsheet) with more on the way.
  • BlueEyedRedhead
    BlueEyedRedhead Posts: 5,169 Member
    Options
    Interesting topic.... I collect vintage Christmas décor.
  • IamMCM
    IamMCM Posts: 122
    Options
    Wow, these are fascinating so far! I love vintage Christmas decor, although I don't collect it. I have both a vintage and modern silver Christmas tree, though, complete with color wheels.
  • BlueEyedRedhead
    BlueEyedRedhead Posts: 5,169 Member
    Options
    That's awesome. I have a vintage aluminum 4 ft tree, in search of the color wheel. Maybe I will add a pic or two...
  • 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    Options
    I seem to be collecting fitness trackers. ;-/
  • ThePoeToaster
    ThePoeToaster Posts: 1,681 Member
    Options
    50's style bowling shirts. I collected them BEFORE FEKKIN' CHARLIE SHEEN started wearing them. That, and cleavage pics. Feel free to contribute. Muaaaa.
  • EveFlowergirl
    EveFlowergirl Posts: 1,491 Member
    Options
    mood rings.
  • PandoraGreen721
    PandoraGreen721 Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    Vintage maps.
  • summerhaze71
    summerhaze71 Posts: 1,204 Member
    Options
    Vintage ViewMaster reels and stereoscopes and vintage pop up books.
  • Noogynoogs
    Noogynoogs Posts: 1,028 Member
    Options
    Paintings
  • chele402
    chele402 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Empty bottles of beer :) No seriously - lol. Special edition Brooklyn Brewery bottles. Oh and Lolita glasses. I have a trend.
  • SkFarmMom
    SkFarmMom Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Animals. Live ones. Currently have 15 cows, 2 bulls and a steer, 5 horses, 1 pony, 20 sheep, 6 cats, 3 dogs, 2 pigs. By spring I'll hopefully have 25 laying hen chicks and a handful of turkeys...I like to add at least one new species to the farm each year (we've been on the farm for 6.5 years)...I'm thinking maybe a milking goat or some Indian running ducks would be fun to find in the spring. (I've had turkeys and chickens before so they don't count.) ;) Might need to get some rabbits again too.
  • SkFarmMom
    SkFarmMom Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Oh, and musical instruments...love them! Currently in our house, a piano, acoustic guitar, flute, violin, drums, clarinet, ukulele and and electric guitar and amp that I just picked up for my older son for Christmas (but Momma might play with it when he's at school.) ;)
    Still wanting to get a banjo, a bass guitar, and a full size cello...might be waiting a while on that last one though.
  • ilfaith
    ilfaith Posts: 16,769 Member
    Options
    Art glass...although we haven't picked up many pieces since the children were born. Doesn't seem the most practical thing to display when there are three little boys running around the house. But we do have some beautiful vases and glasses.
  • flabassmcgee
    flabassmcgee Posts: 659 Member
    Options
    Movies and movie memorabilia. This is mostly my husband's project, but we HAVE to have the box set special edition director's cut of every movie we buy.
  • kinkyslinky16
    kinkyslinky16 Posts: 1,469 Member
    Options
    I collect nothing. Trying to collect some sugar daddies but it isn't going so well. :'(
  • Noogynoogs
    Noogynoogs Posts: 1,028 Member
    Options
    Money
  • BigDougie1211
    BigDougie1211 Posts: 3,530 Member
    Options
    Shot glasses, I have like 300. I take them from bars on special occasions or as souvenirs of holidays etc. Each one has a wee story attached to it.