Toe nail clippings
  • Roxy_Arcane
    Roxy_Arcane Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Calories
  • IamMCM
    IamMCM Posts: 122
    Options
    For the critters, have you ever seen the fainting goats? Those would be a fun addition! I saw some at a farm a few years back. Poor things literally collapse and pass out when startled, but they are so cute. Not sure if they're good milk producers or mainly just good for novelty though.
  • SkFarmMom
    SkFarmMom Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    IamMCM wrote: »
    For the critters, have you ever seen the fainting goats? Those would be a fun addition! I saw some at a farm a few years back. Poor things literally collapse and pass out when startled, but they are so cute. Not sure if they're good milk producers or mainly just good for novelty though.

Lol...what kind of survival instinct is that?!? (Of course. ..I have sheep...they have the opposite of a "survival instinct"...) I've seen fainting goats before and they are cute, but I don't think they'd be worth milking...I want to make goat's cheese and it takes a fair bit of milk to make a little cheese. - The first animal I got when we move to the farm was a Charolais Jersey cross cow. Named her Betsy. Learned how to go "fishing" and pull a calf that first spring (it was positioned wrong and she was having trouble)...then I learned how to milk, make cottage cheese and mozzarella, butter, ice cream, run a cream separator, clean a cream separator. :s

Oh...and books. I collect books. Horse books, gardening books, homesteading books, carpentry book, understanding men's brains books, how to raise sheep, shear sheep, spin wool fiber into yarn books, hunting and fishing books, etc., and novels...mostly kids novels...because I wanted them to learn to love to read (and now they do.) There are books in every room in our house.

Maybe the animals and the instruments and the bools are all just part of the same larger collection...I like collecting things that challenge me. Things that make me learn and grow.
  • SkFarmMom
    SkFarmMom Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    (I enjoyed all of the milking process except cleaning the separator.) ;)
  • kristen6350
    kristen6350 Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    Beer Glasses. I think my boyfriend and I have a combined 120. They are our "art".
  • SmartAlec03211988
    SmartAlec03211988 Posts: 1,896 Member
    Options
    Shoes. I'm a tried and true sneakerhead to the max.
  • kristinhowell
    kristinhowell Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Feathers.
  • Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    Options
    I collect antique dolls, have over hundred and house full of boys, lol. I also like to collect antique Christmas tree angels. :)
  • prettigirl01
    prettigirl01 Posts: 548 Member
    Options
    I collect food. unfortunately i don't have any pictures because its all in my stomach....NEXT!
  • Yakelmeyer
    Yakelmeyer Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Keys and stationary.
  • Kabiti
    Kabiti Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    Dust... I collect dust.
  • handyrunner
    handyrunner Posts: 32,662 Member
    Options
    used to be an avid comic book and regular book collector...these days nothing...but i still have the comics lol
  • enterdanger
    enterdanger Posts: 2,447 Member
    Options
    Kitchen gadgets. I love me a kitchen gadget. Hoping someone gets me a vegetable spiralizer this year for Christmas!
  • TheVirgoddess
    TheVirgoddess Posts: 4,535 Member
    Options
    The tears of my enemies.

Just kidding. I collect coins.
  • Archerychickge
    Archerychickge Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    Compound bows and the souls of the animals I shoot with them...
  • handyrunner
    handyrunner Posts: 32,662 Member
    Options
    Compound bows and the souls of the animals I shoot with them...

well if we are counting that..i guess i am collecting
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,788 Member
    Options
    Concert DVD's. Mostly Classic Rock and Blues. I have about 200 and am looking everyday.
  • ProfessorYaffle
    Options
    Finisher's medals from running events. I do new events just to get the medal. I also collect pennies. I have a 5-gallon water cooler bottle that's almost full.