What to get at the Cheesecake Factory

Options
Going to lunch tomorrow at the cheesecake factory, trying to decide if I should get one of the lettuce wrap tacos or the ahi carpaccio. Are either of those enough for a whole meal? What do you recommend there?

Replies

• 970Mikaela1
    970Mikaela1 Posts: 2,013 Member
    Options
    Cheesecake.
  • fearlessleader104
    fearlessleader104 Posts: 723 Member
    Options
    Skinnylicious menu. Under 590 calories and it has everything.
  • squirrelzzrule22
    squirrelzzrule22 Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    They have some really good salads. High calorie and huge, but fairly nutritious. Get one, dressing on the side, and only eat 1/3-1/2! Save the rest for lunch on Tuesday :) Enjoy yourself!
  • FatFreeFrolicking
    FatFreeFrolicking Posts: 4,252 Member
    Options
    I personally LOVE the cobb salad.
  • 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    Options
    Um... cheesecake.
  • Gidzmo
    Gidzmo Posts: 904 Member
    Options
    Nothing wrong with a small slice of cheesecake (cheesecake is rich). If there is something grilled or steamed that you can get for a main course, go for that.
  • bonniejo
    bonniejo Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    Right, I know how to order the right food. I'm just wondering if the appetizers there are big enough to fill me up so I can save all my calories for cheesecake! Also which one tastes better, the lettuce wrap tacos or the ahi carpaccio?
  • fearlessleader104
    fearlessleader104 Posts: 723 Member
    Options
    Ahi
  • hajenkatt
    hajenkatt Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    I just had the lettuce wrap tacos yesterday and they were AWFUL. What a waste of money. Order ANYTHING else. Seriously.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Last time I had the Mexican lettuce wrap tacos (which I found delicious) and a piece of cheesecake (the pecan pumpkin one). That was maybe 1100 calories total? of course it will depend on the cheesecake you want. And it was filling for me, and I don't get full easily, but it wasn't one of my 'hungry' hormonal days either.
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    Their omelets are pretty awesome, especially the one with avocado & chicken chorizo. Mmmm! I don't get cheesecake there, though. NOT that it's "bad" it's just that I'd rather spend my calories on other stuff.
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,951 Member
    Options
    Cheesecake and the chicken and biscuits.
  • njitaliana
    njitaliana Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    Cheesecake Factory has a SkinnyLicious menu. If you look at it online, you can plan your whole meal that way.
  • gamesandgains
    gamesandgains Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    Anything you want. Plan the meal the day before into your app and make the rest of your calories revolve around that meal.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Anything you want. Plan the meal the day before into your app and make the rest of your calories revolve around that meal.

Quite sure that for 99% of the people here, it would be technically impossible to plan a day around a Cheesecake Factory meal while having 'anything you want' there, considering that a lot of entrees are probably more than most people's goals alone...
  • seltzermint555
    Options
    njitaliana wrote: »
    Cheesecake Factory has a SkinnyLicious menu. If you look at it online, you can plan your whole meal that way.

I did not see that when I was there...but their menu is so huge. However, it drives me nuts when restaurants give their lighter options cutesy names like that. GAG!

Don't get me wrong, I'd probably order something from that menu but ugh.

• tulips_and_tea
    tulips_and_tea Posts: 5,711 Member
    Options

I did not see that when I was there...but their menu is so huge. However, it drives me nuts when restaurants give their lighter options cutesy names like that. GAG!

I agree. Also, I'm late to this thread, but on msn.com today there was an article, "What 5 Nutritionists Would Order at the Cheesecake Factory". I didn't read it as we don't have one, but it probably has some good suggestions.
  • seltzermint555
    Options
    BZAH10 wrote: »

I agree. Also, I'm late to this thread, but on msn.com today there was an article, "What 5 Nutritionists Would Order at the Cheesecake Factory". I didn't read it as we don't have one, but it probably has some good suggestions.

http://news.health.com/2014/12/03/what-5-dietitians-order-at-the-cheesecake-factory/

Cool!

Basically though yeah...they all suggested going with the light menu and making tons of substitutions. One of them did suggest a veggie omelet. None of them would order cheesecake, which is kind of a surprise actually...I figured they would address that somehow.

• stealthq
    stealthq Posts: 4,298 Member
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »

Quite sure that for 99% of the people here, it would be technically impossible to plan a day around a Cheesecake Factory meal while having 'anything you want' there, considering that a lot of entrees are probably more than most people's goals alone...

If you plan on eating the whole entree, yes, I agree.

But the entrees that are not on the Skinnylicious menu are really big. Actually, even a couple of the Skinnylicious entrees are really big. Easily two or three servings, so someone could pick what they want and take 1/2 - 2/3 of it home and be able to manage.

They could probably fit cheesecake in as well, but they'd need to be OK with just a bite or two for dessert and taking the rest home.