What to get at the Cheesecake Factory

Options

Replies

• tulips_and_tea
    tulips_and_tea Posts: 5,714 Member
    Options
    BZAH10 wrote: »
    njitaliana wrote: »
    Cheesecake Factory has a SkinnyLicious menu. If you look at it online, you can plan your whole meal that way.

I did not see that when I was there...but their menu is so huge. However, it drives me nuts when restaurants give their lighter options cutesy names like that. GAG!

Don't get me wrong, I'd probably order something from that menu but ugh.

I agree. Also, I'm late to this thread, but on msn.com today there was an article, "What 5 Nutritionists Would Order at the Cheesecake Factory". I didn't read it as we don't have one, but it probably has some good suggestions.

http://news.health.com/2014/12/03/what-5-dietitians-order-at-the-cheesecake-factory/

Cool!

Basically though yeah...they all suggested going with the light menu and making tons of substitutions. One of them did suggest a veggie omelet. None of them would order cheesecake, which is kind of a surprise actually...I figured they would address that somehow.

Thank you for linking that! I was surprised also that none of them mentioned a slice of cheesecake, perhaps to split or take home. But, it all depends on who wrote the article and how the questions were presented.
  • 970Mikaela1
    970Mikaela1 Posts: 2,013 Member
    Options
    Bistro shrimp pasta and red velvet cheesecake.
  • Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options
    Skinnylicious menu.

Last time I went I got the Skinnylicious Enchiladas and the Low Carb Cheesecake with Strawberries (Note: I'm not doing low carb, but the calorie count on it was decent). Both were delicious.
  • myheartsabattleground
    myheartsabattleground Posts: 2,040 Member
    Options
    Everything.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    The skinnylicious menu comes on a separate page, it's not in the big menu. Just FYI.

But everything I've tried from the Skinnylicious menu was delicious (they seem to change things regularly though). I LOVED the flatbread.
  • astrose00
    astrose00 Posts: 754 Member
    Options
    I had this green veggie chopped salad and it was filling and yummy. I chose to get balsamic vinegar and oil on the side instead of the raspberry dressing it comes with. It has beets, edamame and other good stuff. I added grilled chicken and it was really good. I think it was about 4oz of cooked chicken. I think the whole thing was about 500 calories.
  • Some_Watery_Tart
    Some_Watery_Tart Posts: 2,250 Member
    Options
    When I go somewhere like that I eat whatever I want, but force myself to log it. Then I just reduce my calories/increase my exercise over the next week to account for it. You can go 1000 calories over. Just reduce intake by 100 cals/day for a week and do an extra 300 cal workout. No biggie.
  • Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    Options
    MrM27 wrote: »
    A taxi to take you to a better restaurant.

conan-rofl_zps14eec2ca.gif
  • Natural
    Natural Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    definitely, cheesecake.
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    This is making me want to go back to Cheesecake Factory. Oh, and definitely true about large portions there. I'm the type to usually just eat my entree and not bother taking home leftovers but when I got the chorizo omelet, I brought home an English muffin and home fries, could not even touch either one after eating that omelet. And the one time I have tried their cheesecake (some crazy chocolate caramel type) I shared it with my friend and her 9 yr old daughter AND they still took 1/3 of the piece home with them. And again, I'm not a "box this up" lady normally...I have never found a dessert elsewhere I couldn't finish on my own w/ ease LOL
  • bonniejo
    bonniejo Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    In case anyone wants to know, I got the ahi tartare and the asian lettuce wrap tacos with chocolate moose cheesecake for dessert. Only had a few bites of cheesecake and took the rest home. The ahi tartare was SO GOOD. And apparently only 250 calories. The asian tacos were good but very messy, and not as good as the tuna.
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,951 Member
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »
    Anything you want. Plan the meal the day before into your app and make the rest of your calories revolve around that meal.

Quite sure that for 99% of the people here, it would be technically impossible to plan a day around a Cheesecake Factory meal while having 'anything you want' there, considering that a lot of entrees are probably more than most people's goals alone...

While that's true... I lost quite a bit of weight while eating at one a couple times a week. Just don't get anything with bread, salad dressing, or a grain based carby item, and you can actually manage their stuff pretty easily.

Granted, best course of action is just to order cheesecake and say screw it.
  • countscalories
    countscalories Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    Water.
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,951 Member
    Options
    Water.
    I've heard water is a solvent. Better dilute it some with whisky.
  • countscalories
    countscalories Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    Solvents are good for weight loss.
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    bonniejo wrote: »
    In case anyone wants to know, I got the ahi tartare and the asian lettuce wrap tacos with chocolate moose cheesecake for dessert. Only had a few bites of cheesecake and took the rest home. The ahi tartare was SO GOOD. And apparently only 250 calories. The asian tacos were good but very messy, and not as good as the tuna.

Sounds delicious!!

I miss their Vietnamese tacos.
  • peter56765
    peter56765 Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    Order whatever you want and when your food comes, immediately divide all of it in half. Eat one half and take the other half home.
  • Mr_Knight
    Mr_Knight Posts: 9,532 Member
    Options
    MrM27 wrote: »
    A taxi to take you to a better restaurant.

:drinker:
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Options
    We tried to go to one the other day. It's in the mall, so would've been convenient if the wait hadn't been 80 minutes. They do have healthier options, but the real draw was it being in the mall.

We gave up our awesome parking spot and went elsewhere, thinking we would save time. In a major shopping area...In a tourist destination...At Christmas. Next year, I'm shopping earlier.

Who'd have thought that the mall restaurants in tourist areas would be crowded the week before Christmas? ;)
  • drabbits3
    drabbits3 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    what to get at the Cheesecake Factory? nothing. portions are too big. BUT...if you have to...the skinnylicious menu looked pretty good online. I'm not a cheesecake fan so it would not be hard for me to not eat the cheesecake there.