Just a few beers make me feel so drunk

Options
Would this have anything to do with my weight loss? I'm nearly half the person I used to be, yet i've been avoiding my old habit of drinking beers for a long time because they are so high in calories, yet today, because it was nearly christmas, I drunk 4 beers, feeling so different, can't walk straight, yet I feel like a drunk half a cartoon.

Replies

• QueenBishOTUniverse
    QueenBishOTUniverse Posts: 14,121 Member
    Options
    LOL, less body mass combined with a long period of abstinence, yup, you're drunk.
  • blueakama
    blueakama Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    Did you eat anything?
  • Velum_cado
    Velum_cado Posts: 1,608 Member
    Options
    I'm less than half the size I used to be and have never been able to drink properly. Always such a lightweight. :(

I'd say it probably has more to do with the fact you haven't had anything to drink in a long time.
  • Spiderkeys
    Spiderkeys Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    sorry I forget to mention, I havent ate today either, still nothing like that has affected me much in the past, even after just 1 beer I couldn't go and drive anywhere, oh well, I plan to drink no more beers until next christmas...
  • cingle87
    cingle87 Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    I'm the same way now, back in my uni days a normal night out would be 8 pints + and that would get in just past buzzed, now 3-4 will get me buzzed and anything over 6 is game over. Just mean its always going to be a cheap night out for me.
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    I can't drive after one. After two I might slur a couple words.
  • libbydoodle11
    libbydoodle11 Posts: 1,351 Member
    Options
    I've always been a cheap date. I can totally relate.
  • middlehaitch
    middlehaitch Posts: 8,483 Member
    Options
    2 glasses of wine with food and I'm a giggling fool.
    My tolerance is so low I was actually thinking of giving up my wine - nope, not going to happen- I will just have to accept that I am cheap date.
    Cheers, h.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    I've always been a cheap date and I haven't drunk anything in a year. I'm guessing half a cup would get me drunk now.
  • sjaplo
    sjaplo Posts: 974 Member
    Options
    I'd be willing to bet that if you'd found a way to fit the beers into your lifestyle during your weight loss you wouldn't have this issue. If you enjoy beer - drink beer. If you don't, don't. I was never one for the idea of drinking to get drunk.
  • RHPSgirl1984
    RHPSgirl1984 Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    Do you take any medications?
  • TheVirgoddess
    TheVirgoddess Posts: 4,535 Member
    Options
    I can't drive after one. After two I might slur a couple words.

This is me, too.
  • FatFreeFrolicking
    FatFreeFrolicking Posts: 4,252 Member
    Options
    Spiderkeys wrote: »
    sorry I forget to mention, I havent ate today either, still nothing like that has affected me much in the past, even after just 1 beer I couldn't go and drive anywhere, oh well, I plan to drink no more beers until next christmas...

That's your problem right there.
  • SomeNights246
    SomeNights246 Posts: 807 Member
    Options
    Yes, size will affect how quickly one gets drunk. Whether you ate or not will, too. It sounds to me like both of those are the problem.

I used to be able to drink more than I care to admit without feeling a thing. Now? Just 1-2 glasses gets me a little buzz. On the bright side, it's turned me off from drinking.
  • Noogynoogs
    Noogynoogs Posts: 1,028 Member
    Options
    Cheap date lol
  • mazdauk
    mazdauk Posts: 1,380 Member
    Options
    Its a mixture of not eating, being lighter and being...ummmm... out of practice! At my lowest weight, having had only a glass or two at a time for so many months, the third glass used to knock me right out! Still, back in training now ;)
  • crookback
    crookback Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Same happened to me. After losing a few kilos and not drinking for several months, I went for a night out thinking I could drink as much as I used to. I ended up getting carried home. My alcohol tolerance has dropped considerably.
  • ljones27uk
    ljones27uk Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    same here, nearly 40lbs down, and a few beers later and im done. i need to remember this and be careful
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    WTG on your weight loss. Yep, you will have less of a tolerance at a lower weight, but also, eat food first.
  • ryanhorn
    ryanhorn Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    It's kind of nice though. I'm spending SO much less money.