bread alternatives and cloud bread.

Options
lindssaurus
lindssaurus Posts: 98 Member
edited December 2014 in Food and Nutrition
I have been eating too much carbs that I feel gross and gaining weight :\ . I heard cloud bread is a good alternative but not sure if its also good for weight loss if it has cream cheese..has anyone tried this? I also have been eating josephs pitas but am gettting tired of eating it. Does this mean I have to sacrifice my sandwich love?

Replies

• RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    Cloud bread is mostly eggs. Find a recipe on line and use the ingredients separately in the data base.
  • skullshank
    skullshank Posts: 4,324 Member
    edited December 2014
    Options
    I have been eating too much carbs that I feel gross and gaining weight :\ . I heard cloud bread is a good alternative but not sure if its also good for weight loss if it has cream cheese..has anyone tried this? I also have been eating josephs pitas but am gettting tired of eating it. Does this mean I have to sacrifice my sandwich love?

how much do you think is "too much".

you certainly dont have to sacrifice your sandwich love at all.

i had 4 pbjs last night for dinner. 4.

that's 8 slices of bread.

it was glorious.

ETA: track your macros, and keep your carbs at or under your goal. carbs are not the devil and wont cause weight gain unless they cause you to go over your calorie goal.
  • lindssaurus
    lindssaurus Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I was tracking my food it was more than half of carb intake.
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    Sometimes the best way to reduce a macro is to raise the others. Include more veggies, meats, and dairy in your diet. When you do have a slice of bread, put a protein with it. For a good while I went Russian with my burgers and sandwiches. I removed the top slice and ate it open-faced. I instantly halved my carb intake.
  • skullshank
    skullshank Posts: 4,324 Member
    Options
    I was tracking my food it was more than half of carb intake.

half of what number though?

as an example, i shoot for 200g carbs every day. the bread i eat happens to be about 9 carbs per slice (it's a light oatmeal bread, and rather small). that allows me to have a sandwich (or several) and still stay within my carb allowance.

if you're shooting for low-carb, then yes....bread would eat up a good chunk of that.

your diary is closed, so we cant really know what youre doing without more info.