How much can you squat?

Replies

• yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
    jmule24 wrote: »
    Lofteren wrote: »
    The title pretty much says it all. How much can you squat?

Better question to see people's response would be.... "Have you ever crapped your pants while trying to squat???"

Or ripped your pants while squatting?
  • JodieSmith15
    JodieSmith15 Posts: 40 Member
    130 x 7. Started lifting heavy a few months ago.
  • 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    Less than 2 months ago - I used to have a really good range, but broke my leg in October and now I'm having to develop that knee joint again. Didn't need pt, but doing lots of stretching, started ballet, increased aqua fitness. It's been 2 weeks since I don't need the stabilizer and I'm starting to see improvement, but I'm doind a lot of stretching.
  • Lofteren
    Lofteren Posts: 960 Member

Better question to see people's response would be.... "Have you ever crapped your pants while trying to squat???"

Or, have you ever pooped your pants while twerking?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-SHMk5_WDwc
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member

one of my videos I posted up- I get set under the bar- then back out- and I start giggling..

and I'm pretty sure you can *just* barely hear me say "never trust a fart on squat day. LULZ- because- NEVER trust a fart on squat day.
  • gamesandgains
    gamesandgains Posts: 640 Member
    I haven't attempted a 1RM-PR in months. Currently I'm doing 10 sets of 3 for 235 lb clean and below parallel.
  • Sam_I_Am77
    Sam_I_Am77 Posts: 2,093 Member
    There's a lot of good progress in here, be PROUD of your accomplishments. Everybody here, including Loftren and his 645lb squat (which is sick BTW), started with a max or best that was considered "low" at one point in their life, but have built up since that point. Keep working hard / smart and recovering well and you'll continue to progress.

My best is 400 my goal is to get to 450 because that is roughly 2x body-weight. Hopefully by then I can shed about 10lbs which will improve that ratio so I'm faster and can jump higher.

I've come very close to *kitten*. The worst for me is that I'm prone to nose bleeds because of an exposed blood vessel so it's not uncommon for me to be performing a max effort squat with blood pouring down my face, luckily i have a small beard.
  • jmc0806
    jmc0806 Posts: 1,444 Member
    edited December 2014
    I've only attempted up to 3x5 350 last Saturday, but I know I can do quite a bit more
  • deep squat 225x6

never really tried to load up the plates though.
    probably could do more?
  • justcat206
    justcat206 Posts: 716 Member
    I max at 80 (x5) atm with good form (though I once hit 115 with crap form). I struggle with really weak gluteus medius and autoimmune related hip pain that are really holding me back. I kinda hate traditional squats :/
  • contingencyplan
    contingencyplan Posts: 3,639 Member
    I have no clue what my 1RM is, but back before I switched entirely to home workouts and had a gym membership my working sets for 8-10 was 225. I felt like I could have done more but I didn't feel very steady on my feet.
  • LianaG1115
    LianaG1115 Posts: 453 Member
    :( I feel so outta shape or old with some of these numbers but hey for a 43 year old fat chick who's never exercised a day in her life up until about a year and a half ago, I'll proudly say I can squat 110lbs and climbing!! :o)
  • DopeItUp
    DopeItUp Posts: 18,771 Member
    My best was 645 raw w/out wraps at the APF Show of Strength last June but I stretched my left LCL a little while doing it. I'm hoping to beat that this upcoming April at another APF meet but this time I'll be a 308 instead of a super heavy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=V46OAfx9wPM

Sick squat. What's your deadlift then? Like 725? Sheesh.
  • Sam_I_Am77
    Sam_I_Am77 Posts: 2,093 Member
    justcat206 wrote: »
    I max at 80 (x5) atm with good form (though I once hit 115 with crap form). I struggle with really weak gluteus medius and autoimmune related hip pain that are really holding me back. I kinda hate traditional squats :/

Do some back raises on a 45-degree bench for about 50 total reps after every squat session or full body sessions, depending on how you train. That will help with the glutes and even your hamstrings if extend far enough down.
    I'll proudly say I can squat 110lbs and climbing!!

There you go, stay positive about it.
  • 970Mikaela1
    970Mikaela1 Posts: 2,013 Member
    185 8x8
  • skullshank
    skullshank Posts: 4,324 Member
    working weight is 315, but the heaviest ive gone is 325 for a couple reps. i imagine my 1rm would be maybe another 10-20#?
  • floridamatty
    floridamatty Posts: 93 Member
    Did 195lb 5 x 10, dont know my 1rpm
  • abaldi0506
    abaldi0506 Posts: 78 Member
    I just started crossfit 3 weeks ago. I did 115lb 8RM the other day. I don't know what my 1RM would be at this point.
  • jacklis
    jacklis Posts: 280 Member
    95 kg backsquat for 2.
    75kg front squat for 2
  • fatfudgery
    fatfudgery Posts: 449 Member
    I've been fighting to get past 5x405lbs. Full-on mental block as soon as I see four plates on the bar. :\