Free Food in the Office

Replies

• jillmarie125
    jillmarie125 Posts: 418 Member
    PwrLftr82 wrote: »
    TopazCutie wrote: »
    This morning the office kitchen was carb central: bagels, muffins and sugary donuts galore... all for us! In past years I would be all over that lol I think I got like 4 bagels/donuts last year! But now, knowing the macro's (carbs, sugar) and calorie counts, and how it will affect my numbers here on MFP, I just went with coffee (a black one.. no cream or sugar lol). I don't crave/miss it either. I can't believe I'm finally back on track!! I brought my own food today because I knew that I might be tempted, but I wasn't phased in the least (I brought greek yogurt with granola and all bran on top all weighed out, fresh fruits)

I know you're new, so I thought I'd clarify. Macro's are: protein, carbs and fat. Sugar = carbs. Protein, carbs and fat make up calories (1g protein = 4 calories, 1g of carbs = 4 calories and 1g of fat = 9 calories). I just wanted to make sure you understood.

Anyway, I'd totally have a bagel and eat less later. I love bagels. I'm glad you found something that works for you.

It's pretty evident you love bagels. I used to love them too but then stopped eating them for a while and don't miss them (or their repercussions) at all. For me they just make me eat more during the day for some reason.

Wow, that was rude...

i picked up on that as well. but watch out...you might get flagged now.
  • lishie_rebooted
    lishie_rebooted Posts: 2,973 Member
    tigersword wrote: »
    PRMinx wrote: »
    zyxst wrote: »
    BFDeal wrote: »
    Agreed. Too many carbs for an office. Needs bacon and peanut butter. Shame your co-workers in to doing better.
    Peanut butter and bacon bagel?

tumblr_m35oo33jpw1r52yat.gif

Carbs, protein, healthy fats, salty, sweet, crunchy, chewy, It's almost a perfect combination.

It really is...peanut butter is everything to me.
    Is it ok if I toast this bagel? I feel PB is best when melty on a bread item.
    picture0103.jpg

OT, so I don't get flagged for spam by the flagger(s): I'm self-employed atm, so any office treats are one I brought myself. When I worked outside the home, office treats didn't bother me. If I liked what it was, I had some.

I want. Melty peanut better is the BEST.

55513387.jpg

Apparently there's a mad flagger in here.

Is there a gif or meme for this??
    I'm picturing the Mad Hatter lol
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,145 Member
    603reader wrote: »
    zyxst wrote: »
    Agreed. Too many carbs for an office. Needs bacon and peanut butter. Shame your co-workers in to doing better.

Carbs, protein, healthy fats, salty, sweet, crunchy, chewy, It's almost a perfect combination.

Is it ok if I toast this bagel? I feel PB is best when melty on a bread item.
    picture0103.jpg

OT, so I don't get flagged for spam by the flagger(s): I'm self-employed atm, so any office treats are one I brought myself. When I worked outside the home, office treats didn't bother me. If I liked what it was, I had some.

I want. Melty peanut better is the BEST.

55513387.jpg

Apparently there's a mad flagger in here.

Is there a gif or meme for this??
    I'm picturing the Mad Hatter lol
    The closest I could find is this one:
    kaKIn.gif

Love how I got flagged for spam even though I was 1. OT, and 2. Not being mean. Someone does hate peanut butter.
  • auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    We have this in our office.
    20141223_110433_zpsl8636xts.jpg

That's over 4lbs of shortbread, and only 6 people work in our office. Only 2 of us are in today...
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    msf74 wrote: »
    You know, why doesn't anyone bring say a fruit basket into the office? What's up with that?

I would love some fruit right now but all there is, as far as the eye can see, are baked goods.

You can come to my office-- we get fruit/veggie trays all the time. The fruit never looks very good though.
  • PRMinx
    PRMinx Posts: 4,585 Member
    auddii wrote: »

That's over 4lbs of shortbread, and only 6 people work in our office. Only 2 of us are in today...

You should put some peanut butter on it...
  • auddii

I have peanut butter in my drawer. HOW DID I NOT EVEN THINK OF THAT?!?!?!
  • TheVirgoddess
    TheVirgoddess Posts: 4,535 Member
    PwrLftr82 wrote: »
    This morning the office kitchen was carb central: bagels, muffins and sugary donuts galore... all for us! In past years I would be all over that lol I think I got like 4 bagels/donuts last year! But now, knowing the macro's (carbs, sugar) and calorie counts, and how it will affect my numbers here on MFP, I just went with coffee (a black one.. no cream or sugar lol). I don't crave/miss it either. I can't believe I'm finally back on track!! I brought my own food today because I knew that I might be tempted, but I wasn't phased in the least (I brought greek yogurt with granola and all bran on top all weighed out, fresh fruits)

I know you're new, so I thought I'd clarify. Macro's are: protein, carbs and fat. Sugar = carbs. Protein, carbs and fat make up calories (1g protein = 4 calories, 1g of carbs = 4 calories and 1g of fat = 9 calories). I just wanted to make sure you understood.

Anyway, I'd totally have a bagel and eat less later. I love bagels. I'm glad you found something that works for you.

It's pretty evident you love bagels. I used to love them too but then stopped eating them for a while and don't miss them (or their repercussions) at all. For me they just make me eat more during the day for some reason.

Wow, that was rude...

i picked up on that as well. but watch out...you might get flagged now.

I thought that I was maybe overreacting, but maybe I wasn't.
  • PRMinx

You are welcome. I'm going to sit here and live vicariously through you.
  • lishie_rebooted

When I was younger, I was in the Girl Scouts and there used to be this cookie called "All Abouts". They were shortbread with chocolate on the bottom. We'd use those with our toasted marshmallows while camping. So good
  • PRMinx

When I was younger, I was in the Girl Scouts and there used to be this cookie called "All Abouts". They were shortbread with chocolate on the bottom. We'd use those with our toasted marshmallows while camping. So good

I never got those! But that sounds delicious. I'm a big fan of reinventing S'mores.
  • jmule24
    jmule24 Posts: 1,382 Member
    edited December 2014
    iframe>[img][/img]
  • lishie_rebooted

I never got those! But that sounds delicious. I'm a big fan of reinventing S'mores.

I think they were only around for a few years. Last time I remember having them was early 2000s...

• Cave_Goose
    Cave_Goose Posts: 156 Member
    Our office has been filled with baked goods for weeks. I keep banannas & apples in my drawer. My rule is if after eating a fruit, I'm still hungry, I can have 1 treat. I'm never hungry after the fruit.
  • lishie_rebooted
    Cave_Goose wrote: »
    Our office has been filled with baked goods for weeks. I keep banannas & apples in my drawer. My rule is if after eating a fruit, I'm still hungry, I can have 1 treat. I'm never hungry after the fruit.

Bananas would go good with some of the shortbread and PB...

• auddii
    I went with a shortbread peanut butter sandwich. It was amazing.
    20141223_123808_zpseoakz1l3.jpg
  • sofaking6
    sofaking6 Posts: 4,589 Member
    sardelsa wrote: »
    sardelsa wrote: »
    Anyone else keeping an eye on their sugar intake too? For me sugar is the only one that is always going over.

I was always going over my sugar intake too. So I changed my goal to 200g per day. Problem solved. I find MFP sets it way too low

^So much this. I had an apple the other day and got a warning. Ridiculous!

When I actually logged, the app congratulated me on my 6 starbursts since they're low in trans fat. Yet apples and bananas get warnings about sugar. I don't need the app to try and nanny me.

I took off those notifications.... they are such a pain and they mean nothing.

Same here. I love fruit and I WILL eat as many bananas as I want, thankyouverymuch.

• blueakama
    blueakama Posts: 399 Member
    I don't get why some of these posts have been flagged.

sign3.gif
  • FatFreeFrolicking
    FatFreeFrolicking Posts: 4,252 Member
    Someone is flag-happy in this thread.
  • JadeRabbit08
    JadeRabbit08 Posts: 551 Member
    edited December 2014

Your post got flagged. Someone out there really must hate peanut butter. (but it isn't me! I had a TSP yesterday to make up my calories and it was bliss.)

better add a office food related story - I'm now down to a fairly small list of foods I can eat due to health issues so all those lovely bread/baked products have to stay ignored. For the mad flagger I just want to mention peanut butter again..peanut butter.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!