HOLIDAY EATING PLAN

Options
I’m ready – any other suggestions?

This worked for me at Thanksgiving…

MY HOLIDAY EATING PLAN:

1) Plan to continue to stay in control of food/exercise decisions
2) Exercise today & tomorrow morning to avoid the “I’ll walk it of the next day” approach.
3) I’ll be wearing tight clothes, so I don’t get that “sweat-pant mentality
4) I’ll only graze on veggies and other low-calorie items.
5) I’ll still enjoy all the things I love – like turkey and ½ cup portions of squash, potato (maybe), veggie and dressing – but not feel like I have to have some of everything.
6) Already bought “my own” fat-free gravy (no other cream sauces for me) and everyone else gets “real.”
7) I bought pineapple tidbits and raspberries for my desert and others will enjoy pumpkin pie.
8) No alcohol, just no-calorie drinks (ice tea, water, diet-soda);
9) I’ll eat slow and savor each bite.

73641431.png

Replies

• esjones12
    esjones12 Posts: 1,363 Member
    Options
    Holiday Eating Plan = Eat as I normally eat. I only have 2 meals max during holidays, so I just enjoy them without going hog wild and get up the next day eating the way I usually do. No need to make a huge deal out of the holidays.
  • beamer0821
    beamer0821 Posts: 488 Member
    Options
    1) eat on plate, no mindless grazing appetizers
    2) splurge my calories on things i wouldn't normally eat i.e. i can eat bread any day so don't waste calories on bread
    3) its one meal, when its over its over. no midnight eating. no poor choice eating into the next day.
    4) don't beat myself up. its one meal I'm not going to gain 50 lbs back in one meal. so don't stress about the "rules" too much.
  • asdowe13
    asdowe13 Posts: 1,951 Member
    Options
    Boring....

I'm going to eat all the food, drink all the drinks, sleep all the sleep.
    Enjoy time with my friends and family, and not worry about it.
  • jdhcm2006
    jdhcm2006 Posts: 2,254 Member
    edited December 2014
    Options
    I'm going to try to stay in control of my dessert cravings. I definitely plan on having dessert, but for Thanksgiving, I think I ate half a cake by myself (not an exaggeration). I will be indulging in the rolls, but that's because those suckers are homemade, and we do not make them regularly. But instead of eating 5 or 6, I'll try to knock it down to 2 or 3.
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,395 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Personally, the holidays are my breaks for dieting. But if you want to maintained or continue to lose, just eat lots of low calorie foods.
  • PRMinx
    PRMinx Posts: 4,585 Member
    Options
    Ha...they deleted my sad face post. Wow. Out of all the things MFP, really?

Anyway, to elaborate on that post, I find it kind of sad to wear uncomfortable clothes on purpose, to resort to fat free gravy (what's wrong with fat?) and to not have a glass of wine if that's something you enjoy.

There's nothing on the list here (turkey, squash, potatoes, gravy, veggies) that should be scary. I can fit these foods into my macros easily and I'm on 1420 a day (without exercise).

• GiveMeCoffee
    GiveMeCoffee Posts: 3,556 Member
    edited December 2014
    Options
    1) Plan to continue to stay in control of food/exercise decisions Enjoy myself and understand it's a holiday that should be enjoyed

2) Exercise today & tomorrow morning to avoid the “I’ll walk it of the next day” approach. Exercise according to my plan unless I change my mind and take it as a rest day

3) I’ll be wearing tight clothes, so I don’t get that “sweat-pant mentality Finding my elastic waistband fat pants so I can enjoy in comfort if I get out of my pjs

4) I’ll only graze on veggies and other low-calorie items. I'll eat appetizers, cheese and anything else I want

5) I’ll still enjoy all the things I love – like turkey and ½ cup portions of squash, potato (maybe), veggie and dressing – but not feel like I have to have some of everything. I will eat everything I enjoy

6) Already bought “my own” fat-free gravy (no other cream sauces for me) and everyone else gets “real.” Anyone that brings fat free gravy to my house will get kicked out and never invited again

7) I bought pineapple tidbits and raspberries for my desert and others will enjoy pumpkin pie. I will eat cheesecake, pie, ice cream, chocolate and cookies lots and lots of cookies

8) No alcohol, just no-calorie drinks (ice tea, water, diet-soda); Bring on the booze!

9) I’ll eat slow and savor each bite. I will enjoy everything I eat and the company I am sharing it with.
  • TopazCutie
    TopazCutie Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    I'm going to try and lose weight this week. With that mentality, everything else will fall into place. For the dinners, planning to fill half my plate with veggies and protein for the rest.
  • KBurkhardt08
    KBurkhardt08 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Eat all the foods! I should be able to enjoy my holiday and not worry what Im putting on my plate. One day will not ruin everything :smile:
  • mymodernbabylon
    mymodernbabylon Posts: 1,038 Member
    Options
    Eat all the food. It's one day. I've made up for some excess on other days this holiday (parties, etc) by eating less the next day, but for Christmas, Thanksgiving & my birthday, I'm not worried about it. I always eat all the food but in moderation - now I'll eat all the food and not worry about it at all (by this point, over a year later, I can't overeat too much anyway as it makes me ill).
  • TheVirgoddess
    TheVirgoddess Posts: 4,535 Member
    Options
    My plan is just to eat until I'm full. I do well enough every single day that a day or two off won't impede my progress.
  • mforrestall
    mforrestall Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I've been trying to bank some extra calories this week (Sunday-Wednesday). I eat Christmas Eve dinner with my inlaws, Christmas dinner with my family and then a brunch-y meal with my siblings and extended family. There are healthier and unhealthier options at each meal. I plan to eat what I want, try to maintain moderation (like 1 slice of chocolate chip cheesecake instead of 2), enjoy my family and refuse to feel guilty about food.
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,576 Member
    edited December 2014
    Options
    My plan is to enjoy time with my family and friends. To reflect on the meaning of the holiday and enjoy the exchange of gifts and love. Food will be eaten, and alcohol will be consumed, but neither will be the focus of my holiday.
  • samantha1242
    samantha1242 Posts: 816 Member
    Options
    My plan is to wear a santa hat all day with my boyfriend as we enjoy eggs benny for breakfast, turkey and all the fixings for dinner, and Toblerone cheesecake for dessert. Oh, and lots of eggnog. Maybe a walk in the snow, oh and building a snowman.
  • salembambi
    salembambi Posts: 5,592 Member
    Options
    i plan on eating whatever i feel like xmas day and beyond ..and by beyond i mean probably until next year
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    I have a 4000 calorie minimum I'm trying to hit. 6 would be nice. But I'll settle for 4k.
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    edited December 2014
    Options
    Eat and enjoy all the food, sleep it off since I have to work at midnight. If I worried about sticking to my goal I don't think the holiday would be happy for me.
  • CyborgTrainer
    Options
    Eating healthy and eating towards your goals are two different things. Sure, enjoy yourself, but know that your future self will be thanking you if you practice control this holiday season. The average person gains 5lbs and keeps 2 of those lbs for the remainder of the year. You are all not the "average" person, or you wouldn't even be in this feed. Be well this holiday season.
  • PRMinx
    PRMinx Posts: 4,585 Member
    Options
    Eating healthy and eating towards your goals are two different things. Sure, enjoy yourself, but know that your future self will be thanking you if you practice control this holiday season. The average person gains 5lbs and keeps 2 of those lbs for the remainder of the year. You are all not the "average" person, or you wouldn't even be in this feed. Be well this holiday season.

Strong 1st post.

I'm not sure what you mean by the bolded part. Care to elaborate?