getting started - workouts & plans

Options
Anyone know any good sites to develop a workout routine?
Sadly I must admit I never have actually worked out properly. I was naturally skinny my whole life. until age kicked in haha. Now i realize the importance of it. and have no idea where to start. My neighborhood has a limited amount of equipment but I do not plan on joining a gym (saving up for a wedding$$).

Replies

• rand486
    rand486 Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    #1 is to decide on what your goals are. No one here can recommend a decent workout routine unless we know what you want out of it all, and how you define "fitness".
  • amandaknights
    Options
    bodybuilding.com
    This is an excellent website, everything you could possibly think of explained, they guide you to make informed decisions as a beginner- has plenty of training at home articles too!
  • mbg_pr
    mbg_pr Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    rand486 wrote: »
    #1 is to decide on what your goals are. No one here can recommend a decent workout routine unless we know what you want out of it all, and how you define "fitness".

Agree 100%!
  • lpendleton58
    lpendleton58 Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    bodybuilding.com
    This is an excellent website, everything you could possibly think of explained, they guide you to make informed decisions as a beginner- has plenty of training at home articles too!

Completely agree with amanda. It is almost the workout version of mfp. A lot of great programs that can be tracked and a lot of great support. I am currently on my 2nd program and got others lined up all through 2015

• kittenful
    kittenful Posts: 318 Member
    edited December 2014
    Options
    As an at-home exercise enthusiast, I'm partial to www.fitnessblender.com (videos) and www.neilarey.com (visual charts).

My thoughts on developing a routine: Find something you enjoy and do it. It's not worth it if you don't like it.