Waist Trainers

Options

Replies

• liannexxx
    liannexxx Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    A lot of the negative things you are hearing are rubbish but if I'm honest, it's more of a vanity thing... For that 'perfect' hourglass shape!
    I wear corsets all the time. they take a few inches off, help with posture and back probs and they help with a post pregnancy stomach but they aren't a permanent thing.

They give you a great shape but you shouldn't be in agony.... You should feel stretched up if you know what I mean. It's too tight so loosen it

As I was saying, a lot of the negative things you hear is a load of bull, they don't destroy your insides, in the Victorian Times they did cause probs but they'd be in corsets from a very young age and even during pregnancy!

Stick at it, it can take months to see decent results but you will have to do it forever to keep the results

xXx

Thanks for the positive vibes =-) I am going to keep going with it for a bit and see how I get on. xx

• liannexxx
    Options
    dbmata wrote: »
    Just keep using it until it stops hurting. That is when you'll know it has worked."

Haha yeah that's a valid point. When I take it off when I wake up I definitely notice a bit of a difference so I am going to stick with it x
  • libbydoodle11
    libbydoodle11 Posts: 1,351 Member
    Options
    I had to google and I don't have anything positive to say about the waist trainer. Like Ninerbuff I think it is a waste of time.

Calorie deficit and exercise are the answers to looking like you've lost inches and weight.
  • Delilahhhhhh
    Delilahhhhhh Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    You are funny OP

reJOGQ43nNeGk.gif[IMG][/img]
  • fatcity66
    fatcity66 Posts: 1,544 Member
    Options
    liannexxx wrote: »
    dbmata wrote: »
    Just keep using it until it stops hurting. That is when you'll know it has worked."

Haha yeah that's a valid point. When I take it off when I wake up I definitely notice a bit of a difference so I am going to stick with it x

You took that seriously??
  • mykaylis
    mykaylis Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    ninerbuff wrote: »
    "Waste" of time. Compression (which is all it is) is just a temporary state. You're just squeezing everything closer together via a garment. Physiologically, it does nothing for weight loss or waist size reduction once it comes off.
    Don't heed advice from the fashion industry when is comes to weight loss.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png

This^

I've worn, trained and i've made corset for the past 8 years. They look nice when you put them on... And you train to wear smaller ones to make a wasp waist when you have it on but once off your waist is not smaller. It might drop a few CM for a day nothing like what it looks like in the corset but it will return to normal 24 hours or so of the corset being off.. And if you don't wear the corset after that you'll have to start training all over again... months of training will be for nothing unless you like to wear corsets all day everyday and you're training to continue to wear them as a fashion :)

As for the pain, it should NEVER hurt. It should feel like a hug and you gradually tighten over a month. If you have a cheap corset, you're gonna gave a bad time and can do damage.

To do waist training properly you need a few corsets made to fit your current body and as you require smaller waist you need to buy other ones. all the best.

agreed. i have a waspie (short corset) and it can be uncomfortable when i move a certain way but i'm never in agony. it should feel snug, not tight. and it won't shrink my waist permanently, it's just a thing i like doing.
  • Archerychickge
    Archerychickge Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    I just ordered a corset. Not because i thunk it will help me lose weight, but because i like the way they look when worn properly. I did a fair amount if research on them before i ordered, and consulted with experienced corseters to make sure i measured myself properly and ordered the correct size and shape for my current body, not the body i want. The difference between the two is VERY important. You can over time, modify your shape slightly with a corset, but for most people the result is minimal.

If you are wearing it thinking that you will lose weight, you will be disappointed. But if you are wearing it to look a certain realistic way, then they can be fun to wear.

Educate yourself, purchase the correct size, and be realistic with your expectations. Good luck!
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    Options
    If you are interested in re-arranging your organs and ribs for a more hourglass shaped waist, yes it works if done right. It does not make you lose weight, all it does is gradually push your ribs in and your internal organs down.

If done excessively or in a wrong way it may damage your organs, bruise/fracture your ribs and greatly weaken your core muscles. If you are interested in that niche, it's best you get a properly measured custom corset.

anatural_-_btight_lacing.png?w=508&h=463

• SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,942 Member
    Options
    "Waste" of time. Compression (which is all it is) is just a temporary state. You're just squeezing everything closer together via a garment. Physiologically, it does nothing for weight loss or waist size reduction once it comes off.

IDEA Fitness member

9285851.png

This.
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,942 Member
    Options
    If you are interested in re-arranging your organs and ribs for a more hourglass shaped waist, yes it works if done right. It does not make you lose weight, all it does is gradually push your ribs in and your internal organs down.

If done excessively or in a wrong way it may damage your organs, bruise/fracture your ribs and greatly weaken your core muscles. If you are interested in that niche, it's best you get a properly measured custom corset.

Ew (as to the results shown in the photo).
  • liannexxx
    Options

You took that seriously??[/quote] @fatcity

why wouldn't I? I asked for advice...which I thought was what this site was about?

I once heard this phase that said "If you can't say anything nice, then don't say anything at all"

Or "Sarcasm....lowest form of wit"

Anyway don't worry I won't take anything you say seriously from now on. =-)

Best of luck in 2015 with your fitness goals. x

• liannexxx
    Options
    Thanks for the helpful comments MYP's. I think maybe I will just go to get a fitted one. Try it and see what the results are like. xx
  • rileysowner
    rileysowner Posts: 8,226 Member
    Options
    So you get advise from people who know what they are talking about pointing out the dangers of this, yet you don't want to hear that so instead of listening to the vast majority of those who point out this is a waste of time, you decide to go with the very small minority who say use it. That is neither logical, nor wise.
  • Archerychickge
    Archerychickge Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    If used properly reasonably, and responsibly, a corset is no more harmful than a strong girdle.

People here are capable of making their own decisions based on the information they find most helpful. Just because you may not agree, doesnt give anyone the right to be hateful or condescending. I'm sure there are choices we ALL make that someone somewhere will disagree with. That is their right and their choice.
  • mrsKOrtiz
    mrsKOrtiz Posts: 949 Member
    Options

IDEA Fitness member

9285851.png

HAHA!!!
    WTF is a waist trainer?
  • fatcity66
    fatcity66 Posts: 1,544 Member
    edited December 2014
    Options
    liannexxx wrote: »
    You took that seriously??
    @fatcity

why wouldn't I? I asked for advice...which I thought was what this site was about?

I once heard this phase that said "If you can't say anything nice, then don't say anything at all"

Or "Sarcasm....lowest form of wit"

Anyway don't worry I won't take anything you say seriously from now on. =-)

Best of luck in 2015 with your fitness goals. x

Because it was obviously not meant seriously. You have no common sense.
    Also, I DIDN'T SAY IT, dbmata did. Pay attention.
  • SherryTeach
    SherryTeach Posts: 2,836 Member
    Options
    I'm wondering what I might be able to train my waist to do? Housework? My job?
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    After seeing that pic posted above, there is NO way I would use one!!!
  • ErinK09
    ErinK09 Posts: 687 Member
    Options
    After seeing that pic posted above, there is NO way I would use one!!!

Yeah, that. ^
    |
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options

Fantastic visual!