how many calories did you go over

Options

Replies

• dale530
    Options
  • brightresolve
    brightresolve Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    about 1000 over maintenance on the 24th and 25th put together. New Years is a non-holiday for me, so this is it for the goodies. Hope the extra sweets and Carbos don't give me cravings, cause I am ready to be done with the extras and back to feeling on track ... on the other hand the goodies were pretty phenom.
  • DawnieB1977
    DawnieB1977 Posts: 4,248 Member
    Options
    I didn't log, but I guess about 800 over maintenance. And that was from mince pies and wine :)

I'm not bothered, it's just one day, and I did a PT session on Xmas eve, and I'm going for a run today.
  • CassieReannan
    CassieReannan Posts: 1,479 Member
    Options
    I'd say about 1000 over maintenance on Christmas day.. I've had a pretty junky week since Tuesday, but I never do weekly splurges, so I will be back to it tomorrow.
  • GiveMeCoffee
    GiveMeCoffee Posts: 3,556 Member
    Options
    Rough estimates on logging came in just under 6000 calories for the day so way over maintenance and exactly where I expected to be. I call it a success
  • MargaretSobers
    MargaretSobers Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    In holidays I gain more weight because in holidays we become lazy and we are eating food having more fat and calories. In holidays we just move attentions from maintenance of our body whose result is gaining calories .
  • SativaMad
    SativaMad Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    honestly i dont care how much.. Only happens a few times a year so enjoy it when you can but i guess mine was way over 10 000k.. I ate everything in sight..
  • rafikiphoto
    rafikiphoto Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I did reasonably well. I surprised myself. Christmas Eve -367, Christmas Day +900. They are guestimates because I used MFP generic meals to calculate what I ate. I also fell off the wagon with 2 glasses of wine Christmas Eve and a glass of champagne and a Baileys Christmas day (calories included in the above). We'll see how accurate the guestimates are when I weigh in after my bike ride.
  • niknak7743
    niknak7743 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I drank to forget what I ate lol

This
  • icrushit
    icrushit Posts: 773 Member
    Options
    I think about 1,000, but could easily be closer to 1,200/ 1,500. I stopped counting really, and just approximated. In future I think I am just going to treat feast days as feast days and not worry too much about what I eat, just as long as I give myself some sort of choice by making an effort to eat 'real' food as opposed to devouring the 'treat' food. Christmas cake and chocolate cake were my only real 'downfall' yesterday, lol :smile:
  • tweekedgirl
    tweekedgirl Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Christmas Eve I was within my allowance, but yesterday, hmm, probably around 2-3000 over!
    Straight back to it today though.
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,136 Member
    Options
    1948. They were delicious.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    2400 over my TDEE, 1700 on Christmas Eve. I was planning on a one pound gain anyway... I'm too sick to eat anything this morning because my stomach hates me, and I'm decreasing my deficit again to finally lose my last 3 (now 4 or 5) pounds.
  • melimomTARDIS
    melimomTARDIS Posts: 1,941 Member
    Options
    I think it was about 2,000 over, including xmas eve. Worth it. back to it today.
  • DonM46
    DonM46 Posts: 771 Member
    Options
    About 200. I abstained from desserts.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    DonM46 wrote: »
    About 200. I abstained from desserts.

This makes me both jealous and sad.
  • joneallen
    joneallen Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    I didn't even bother tracking yesterday. Back on the grind today though.
  • blink1021
    blink1021 Posts: 1,118 Member
    Options
    2105.... that was just yesterday. Amazingly stayed under on Christmas eve so I am not going to worry about yesterday. I am also not going to get on a scale till Monday either.
  • beachgod
    beachgod Posts: 567 Member
    edited December 2014
    Options
    I didn't even track on the 23rd and 24th since I was eating a lot of home-cooked food made by others and going out to eat and drink. Trying to figure things like that out and/or guesstimating drives me nuts so I won't even bother. One or two off days will not negate everything before it. I got back on track on Christmas and was under a few calories.