Breast size - are they much smaller after weight loss?

Options

Replies

• MKEgal
    MKEgal Posts: 3,250 Member
    Options
    If you're going to have surgery, wait until you've lost the weight & give it a year or so for your skin to finish firming up.

I seem to be staying at an F or G (depending on brand), though the band size is shrinking, so they're staying proportionately large even though I've lost volume.

To compare volume, as you go down a band size go up a cup size, and vice versa.
    40 A
    38 B
    36 C
    34 D
    32 E
    30 F
    28 G

51637601.png
  • MKEgal
    MKEgal Posts: 3,250 Member
    Options
    To us women, boobs are just 2 fat blobs stuck to our chest!
    Amen!
    I do envy men in some ways... but I can't imagine having that big ole dangly thing swaying in between my legs
    Technically, the larger thing is dangling in front, but the smaller things could sort of get between.
    Good reason to wear skivvies.
  • kelly_e_montana
    kelly_e_montana Posts: 1,999 Member
    edited December 2014
    Options
    went from a size 20 to a size 9 and boobs went from a 38DD to a 36C. I liked being a D. I miss it.
  • Maquillage_
    Maquillage_ Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    I know the feeling, I'm a DD and was hoping to get down to a C, but that didn't happen! I've lost over 30lbs and 2-3 dress sizes and they are the exact same size. In regards to exercise what works for me is getting a tight fitting really supportive sports bra. It doesn't make your boobs look nice at all, but it stops the pains when they bounce! Also working on my upper body especially my chest and back muscles has helped too, and has helped with the back pain I used to get.

But it all depends on genetics. Some women have large breasts because they are large and that is where their fat went too. Others have large breasts because of genetics and that is how their body is made. For me it was all genetics! Not one single lbs came from my boobs! But for you it might be different and they might shrink down :)

I would suggest diet and exercise for now to see if that will reduce them. I would at least wait until you are in the healthy weight range to even think about reduction surgery. All surgery comes with risks, and the risks are increased if you are overweight, so from a health view I'd wait.
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    I've gone from size 16w/18 to size 10 and I've been a B all the way. My band size decreased but that's it. Only pregnancy and breastfeeding have changed my bust size considerably.
  • scrittrice
    scrittrice Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    cblue315 wrote: »
    The surgeon I consulted said he would not do surgery until I was within 10% of my goal weight. I have 40 pounds to go. I am down from a 42 to a 38 and down 2 cup sizes.

I think this is standard--any surgeon will want to wait until you're at the weight you'd like to be before operating. I had surgery years ago--one of the best things I've ever done. But maybe you'll get lucky and won't even need it. Definitely invest in a few good workout bras--expensive, but worth it.
  • Noogynoogs
    Noogynoogs Posts: 1,028 Member
    Options
    I hope so!
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    42lb from a 36DD/E to 34D

I'm ok with that
  • mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Options
    Wish my boobs would bugger off. They don't want to leave me no matter what.
  • TheCurvyJ
    TheCurvyJ Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I lost a LOT of band size. Didn't go down in cup size, but it really varies depending on the circumference of your chest. I was wearing a 40H or 38G presurgery. Now wearing a 32G, but I was SWIMMING in my Gcups before sizing down.

For many people, the breasts do shrink. By how much just depends on your body. I agree with the advice to get a good sports bra so you can put your best effort into working out. And once you get your body where you want to be you can assess your breast size needs.
  • mrsKOrtiz
    mrsKOrtiz Posts: 949 Member
    Options
    Im DD now, I can afford to lose a cup size. But mine are perky now so if I lose won't they get nasty saggy.. lol.. In that case I'll keep them plus my husband would be a very sad man.
  • sophomorelove
    sophomorelove Posts: 193 Member
    edited December 2014
    Options
    That's a sensitive a topic for me as well :) I am excited to some day be able to wear a smaller size bra, but I am secretly horrified that almost 2 years of breastfeeding had done something irrepairable to my boobs :( I hope that they just shrink nicely... Also, yes to the great sports bras! I just found one that makes me look and feel fantastic. I didn't know it was possible in my size (38DD-40E)
  • mykaylis
    mykaylis Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    it will vary. i would wait until near goal weight to decide what to do with your breasts. i'm sure i'll still need a reduction - i was bulging out of a 40N and i'm now a 38M after 55 lbs. i'd like to be a DD or F, G at the maximum.

a lot of people like Panache bras. they're very high quality. they are best for people who are broad-shoulders, they fall off mine. i prefer Goddess and Elomi bras, and i get mine from breakoutbras.com :) follow their sizing instructions, most places tell you to add inches to your band which results in the wrong size bra that'll have poor support.

and for sports you can't go wrong with an Enell.
  • williams969
    williams969 Posts: 2,528 Member
    Options
    ^^Enell!!! Thank you, that's the name (I could NOT think of it). That's what more companies need to do--make a serious sports bra for ALL sizes. It's a very utilitarian looking bra, but it looks like it will do the job splendidly.
  • meltedsno
    meltedsno Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    well, I guess I am just plain different... went from a 46D to a 34DD... so cup size got larger as bandsize decreased... (size 26-28 to a size 4)
  • kristimason3
    kristimason3 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
  • merfhur
    merfhur Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I've lost 70lbs.
    I went from a size 18 (UK) and 36F to a size 8 (UK) and a 32D, although I could probably wear a 30DD if I could find that size easily!
  • amber5151
    amber5151 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    kgeyser wrote: »
    I did lose a bit from there, but as people said above, it's genetics. I think they are much smaller, but my friend who barely an A cup wouldn't say my E cup is tiny.

I highly recommend spending the money for a decent sports bra for exercise. It made a huge difference in my comfort level during exercise, and it also helps with the appearance. I know looking good isn't the priority during a sweaty workout, but I think anyone with large breasts knows what a difference having a good bra can have on your confidence and self-esteem overall and that can carry over to how hard you push yourself during a workout. I've had great luck with Panache, but I know a lot of women here also like Moving Comfort.
    I agree with a good sports bra. I'm a 32g cup (by choice, I have implants) but there is absolutely no sports bras in "normal" stores that work for me. I went to Nordstrom and got sized and bought a good sports bra. It makes all the difference. An ill fitting bra is where most of your pain comes from.

• SteveMFP123
    SteveMFP123 Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    I think I'm one of the few members to be happy about my reduced breast size from weight loss :D
  • ThePoeToaster
    ThePoeToaster Posts: 1,681 Member
    Options
    meltedsno wrote: »
    well, I guess I am just plain different... went from a 46D to a 34DD... so cup size got larger as bandsize decreased... (size 26-28 to a size 4)

Bless your heart...