Looking for some support- I literally have none.

Options
All The support I can find would be great! None of my friends are over weight so they don't understand. One is but she doesn't get why I want to lose weight..it's rather annoying. My mother is basically a nut case. Then there is my husband who "wants his skinny wife back" I HATE to break his little heart but I have no interest in looking like I did years and years ago. I am trying to for right now go from 200 to 175...and then I'll go from there. I got overwhelmed last time and just stopped and then got busy with life. So any new friends would be great :)

Replies

• beachbum13
    beachbum13 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Same boat. No support. Hubby is unhealthy, but wants me at my smaller weight too.
  • Ro5238
    Ro5238 Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    beachbum13 wrote: »
    Same boat. No support. Hubby is unhealthy, but wants me at my smaller weight too.

My hubby is "healthy" in his eyes. It's just annoying. He can be so mean about it. I've had 3 kids, and 3 pregnancy loses- in 6 years. Not that it's an excuse but my body has been through a lot. I'm trying but it's hard. Especially when I barely even have time to work on eating healthy- my days usually are running on coffee and peanut butter bread- and then tea- and that's about it.
  • SheBeButLittleSheisFierce
    Options
    I'm sorry. Feel free to add, I will do my best to be a motivator.
  • jhboise
    jhboise Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Wow. If your husband can't understand what miscarriages and full-term pregnancies do to a woman (physically and mentally) he should get some counseling. So sorry you're in this situation! But it's great that you're here. Good for you for putting yourself first!
  • jagpie42
    jagpie42 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I am 45 with 3 grown children and just dropped below the weight I was when I delivered my first child. The reality is that I got myself to this terrible weight with a little help from friends and family. However, I have finally realized that I am done using other people as my excuse. I have decided to do this for me. I earn every pound lost through tummy growls and 5 a.m. workouts. Friend me and we can encourage one another.
  • Renee0887
    Renee0887 Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me!
  • MonieLuv46
    MonieLuv46 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Im just getting started and sm in the same boat. Please add me!
  • nzMattO
    nzMattO Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I'd love to help anyone with some motivation or a good kick in the pants when needed. I took up cycling 6 years ago and have gone from 130kg (286lb) to 93(205lb). I'm now just starting the next phase of my journey with a goal of getting to 85kg before re-assessing what's next. I'm in to walking, cycling, swimming and running and will be training for the big one (IronMan) within the next couple of years.
  • goddessofawesome
    goddessofawesome Posts: 563 Member
    Options
    What are you doing now or plan on doing to attain your goals? It's awesome that you're asking for support but do you have a specific plan of action?
  • egomezz16
    egomezz16 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me! It's difficult when you're the only "unhealthy" one in a relationship, been there done that.
  • txw955
    txw955 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me too. I'm the unhealthy one in my relationship too. Little by little...
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    hi there, im a single chick in nyc with no family.

i have no support!

good thing it turned out to have zero impact on my progress and apparently.. we all are in this alone!

• Jennloella
    Jennloella Posts: 2,286 Member
    Options
    Ro5238 wrote: »
    beachbum13 wrote: »

My hubby is "healthy" in his eyes. It's just annoying. He can be so mean about it. I've had 3 kids, and 3 pregnancy loses- in 6 years. Not that it's an excuse but my body has been through a lot. I'm trying but it's hard. Especially when I barely even have time to work on eating healthy- my days usually are running on coffee and peanut butter bread- and then tea- and that's about it.

I have 4 kids. I had a baby this year and last year. When pregnant I am on a feeding tube, picc line, and constant IV hydration. Kidney failure always looms. I have terrible pregnancies and come out of them anemic and generally jacked up. You have to make time to take care of yourself, there's always going to be obstacles - if you don't have time to work out then you have to eat less. If you are burning more than you eat you will lose. Putting it all on your situation won't help you at all.
  • redfisher1974
    redfisher1974 Posts: 614 Member
    Options
    Makes me sad to see women with no support, Where are all the real men? Time for them to step up.
  • TaraHancock827
    TaraHancock827 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Same here sister!! I have no support either!! My husband says eat one meal a day, I would die if I did that. Noone will walk with me so I wont go on my own. I don't like exercise and I don't have time after work with 3 kids. I have a desk job so I get no exercise at work. I have to eat little to nothing to loose and I get cranky when im starving. No one understands the struggle that I socialize with. I will be your friend!!
  • TuffChixRule
    TuffChixRule Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    I'm 47 with a skinny teenaged daughter who can eat what she wants and doesn't gain weight. So no real support from her. Feel free to add me - I get lots of support and motivation from MFP friends on here.
  • ewhip17
    ewhip17 Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    Makes me sad to see women with no support, Where are all the real men? Time for them to step up.

Exactly. Happy to help any way I can.
  • fitfabforties
    fitfabforties Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    ^^^^^.....well said Red!!!......feel free to friend me.....I'm 44.....lost a total of 50lb.....gained about 10-12lb back but I'm lifting now and I'm in the best shape of my life I think....trying to lose this 12lb again....I'm here everyday and will definitely give you support....:) good luck!!!
  • MegE_N
    MegE_N Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    Support here! Honestly I just reread some of the success stories and it got me going like nobody's business. Maybe the people around you have their heads in the sand but there are more of us out there who are proud of what you're doing.
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options

tell them to keep waiting til we're fit.