"Dangerous" foods

Options

Replies

• melimomTARDIS
    melimomTARDIS Posts: 1,941 Member
    Options
    baked goods with a fudge-y or soft chewy consistency. It took me a long time to learn moderation with those items. But,for me its worth it to learn to live with those foods.

It helps me to freeze into portions. Then I eat one a day until they are gone. I did this recently with a box of scones. I ate a super rich calorie bomb scone everyday until they were gone, which was 12 days.
  • melimomTARDIS
    melimomTARDIS Posts: 1,941 Member
    Options
    added- I can easily eat a pan of brownies to my own self. Not a problem. ;)
  • Charlottesometimes23
    Options
    Death by cream bun

IMG_3387.JPG
  • Swamplady100
    Swamplady100 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I have to clean out my food storage areas & make sure my bad food is not in there to "stumble" across.
  • sarieth05
    sarieth05 Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    Oreos and Sour Cream and Onion chips. Yum! Just don't buy them anymore, but sometimes I daydream about them.
  • elizabodwell
    elizabodwell Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    For me it's salty snacks, I could eat a whole one pound bag of mini pretzels in a day if I let myself. If I buy a bag, I have to portion them out in individual bags as soon as I get home and that helps me to control myself LOL.
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,741 Member
    Options
    earlnabby wrote: »
    Powdered sugar. No, I don't eat it as is but when you mix it 50/50 with peanut butter you get the insides of a peanut butter cup.

holy moly why did you have to tell me this!? ;-) Just kidding but that sounds awesome.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Depends on that time of the month, honestly, but lately it's been ice cream, Pepperidge Farm swirl bread, any kind of hazelnut chocolate, and typically fresh baked goods.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,868 Member
    Options
    Goldfish crackers, potato chips of pretty much any kind, and tortilla chips.
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Options
    I cut out so many things that I couldn't begin to list them.

According to some, this will land me in Food Court, with a probably verdict of Guilty (!) for "Food Demonization", lol.

I can live with that. I can't live with my former diet. :)
  • lewispwest
    lewispwest Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    - Oreo Ice Creams
    - Cadbury Chocolate Fingers
    - Mars Ice Creams
    - Chocolate of any kind really

I bought some cooking chocolate to make treats for people at work and managed to eat the whole slab of it before I got round to cooking :/
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    Pretzels. I recently bought a bag and started eating handfuls of them. Yeah, once they're gone they aren't coming back.
  • Swiftlet66
    Swiftlet66 Posts: 729 Member
    Options
    Definitely sweets, including sugary cereals! Instead, I replace them with frozen berries and bananas so I can make smoothies instead. Frozen berries are expensive but they provide way more nutrients and antioxidants than any processed cookies and cakes and I'm more likely satisfied with one smoothie. I also buy high quality, good cheese in a smaller package rather than later quantities of cheese that are cheaper. I love cheese which is why I'm doing this and plus, I can appreciate the food more instead of just stuffing myself silly. Same goes with cakes. I won't buy the ones on store shelves; I'd go to a real bakery, order one portion there and appreciate it.
  • krympmeg22
    krympmeg22 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    ice cream and peanut butter :(
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,950 Member
    Options
    herrspoons wrote: »
    I don't keep white Magnum ice creams in the house because I know I'll eat them. This isn't because of any addiction or other such nonsense, it's because they're yummy.
    Who told you my high school nickname? Even funnier, because I'm only half white.

I think wild boar is a dangerous food, as well as moose, and same with bear. They might go at you before you take them home.
  • Laughter_Girl
    Laughter_Girl Posts: 2,226 Member
    Options
    Better Made Barbeque Chips and Superman Ice Cream
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Options
    dbmata wrote: »
    herrspoons wrote: »
    I don't keep white Magnum ice creams in the house because I know I'll eat them. This isn't because of any addiction or other such nonsense, it's because they're yummy.
    Who told you my high school nickname? Even funnier, because I'm only half white.

I think wild boar is a dangerous food, as well as moose, and same with bear. They might go at you before you take them home.
    I don't get it. Magnum was white.

???
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options
    I liked the way you prefaced this OP.

For me, unfortunately, peanut butter.
  • ksolksol
    ksolksol Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Kalikel wrote: »

According to some, this will land me in Food Court, with a probably verdict of Guilty (!) for "Food Demonization", lol.

There is no "Food Court" on this thread. At least not so far, and I hope one doesn't surface. This is foods that do not work for US personally, not foods to wag our fingers at others over. ;-)
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,135 Member
    Options
    With certain baked goods, I get this mindset to eat them all before they go moldy. I do fine until it gets near the expiry date and then it's a battle to not scarf them all.