"Dangerous" foods

Options

Replies

• snotnosedpunk
    snotnosedpunk Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I eat anything processed and full of sugar ...
  • Mr_Knight
    Mr_Knight Posts: 9,532 Member
    Options
    Liftng4Lis wrote: »
    Death by cream bun

IMG_3387.JPG
    I cut out nothing........but what are these!!!?

That pic needs to go in Chit Chat....

:drinker:
  • CharleneMarie723
    CharleneMarie723 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    1) Nutella, though I have been treating myself to 15g (85 calories) a few times per week IF I do a good workout and I have calories available.
    2) Sabre Supremely Spicy Hummus
    3) Cereal...I love cereal. All kinds. I'm learning though.
    4) Mashed potatoes
    5) Eggo Waffles
    6) Cool Whip
  • GaleHawkins
    GaleHawkins Posts: 8,159 Member
    Options
    Death by cream bun

IMG_3387.JPG

Wow that photo really helped me get my mind on the right eating track. :)

Well since I am the only one in the house that has so much limiting pain from eating carbs I just have to refrain. The 17 year old son and daughter and the wife are still eating the way I use to eat so I have sweet carbs at all turns when in the house so going 'cold turkey' was the only thing that worked for me this time around.

In the long run because my house is full of junk food maybe this will be help insure I have really changed my eating lifestyle this time around.

Just because a bank robber has not struck in the last 10 years while locked up does not mean his bank robbing lifestyle is cured when he is released. :)

• AllOutof_Bubblegum
    AllOutof_Bubblegum Posts: 3,646 Member
    Options
    I'm pretty good at limiting myself to reasonable portions of treats and certain foods, but family sized Oreo packs are just the devil. Neither I nor my husband can resist. Once the seal is broken, whole rows at a time go missing. And game over if there is ice cream in the house at the same time; I'll make milkshakes and mainline them. *Shame* We usually just don't buy them, or get the snack-pack sized boxes. Something about the container being open just kills our resolve.
  • ketorach
    ketorach Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    Lounmoun wrote: »
    In the past, I have overdone it with goldfish crackers. I haven't bought them for a long time so I don't know if I could show more restrainst now that I am logging everything.
    *kitten* pizza goldfish.

• ketorach
    ketorach Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    1) Nutella, though I have been treating myself to 15g (85 calories) a few times per week IF I do a good workout and I have calories available.
    If only Nutella came in 15g containers. I simply cannot have it in the house because I am not capable of a 15g serving. My kids resorted to hiding it from me once!

• Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Holiday cookies. Specifically store bought, holiday, cookies. The ones you can only get once a year from like Food Lion or Wal Mart. That have the colorful sprinkles. I cannot stop at just a couple. They're so worth it, though. But I don't buy them myself. Only eat them when others have them.

Eh really depends on the store. Wegmans has excellent cookies, Shop Rite and Stop and Shop... yuck. Heck even the local bakery cookies are in the 'not worth it' category!
  • myukniewicz
    myukniewicz Posts: 906 Member
    Options
    Cheese is my downfall... it is dangerous for me to keep any kind of shredded, block or sliced cheese in my apartment.
  • PearlAng
    PearlAng Posts: 681 Member
    Options
    Lately I've been doing pretty well with foods in the house that I used to have trouble with, but a few that I absolutely could not bring into the house a few months back:
    -Peanut butter. I'd eat pb+j by the spoonful
    -Oreos. I could eat a whole family pack myself. And I did. Twice. I don't really buy them anymore but just because I don't crave them often
    -lindor truffles (I still have a bit of trouble)
    -things I bake. Now if I make stuff (which I rarely feel like anymore) I send half to my dad's house/ work and the other half stays with my mom and I
  • Hungry_Annie
    Hungry_Annie Posts: 807 Member
    Options
    peanut butter is the worst for me, i could live off peanut butter, bread and milk alone. I will continue to eat it though, i just need to learn some self-control with it. I smear PB all over bread and finish it off with a big glass of milk. Yum.
  • PowerfulHunt
    PowerfulHunt Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    Pretzels & cookies
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    nothing.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    Kalikel wrote: »
    I cut out so many things that I couldn't begin to list them.

According to some, this will land me in Food Court, with a probably verdict of Guilty (!) for "Food Demonization", lol.

I can live with that. I can't live with my former diet. :)

There is- IMHO- a distinct difference between labelling something as horrible- bad bla bla bla- and having a sense of awareness in your own weaknesses.

I don't buy oreos or make cookies often because I will eat them. ALL. quickly- usually in a week- and I'm sacrificing other food and I'm miserable b/c I gave up 2-500 calories of my day to something not filling.

not the same as saying oreos made me fat

also
    I don't get it. Magnum was white.

???

BA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA

this- is hysterical.
  • hgycta
    hgycta Posts: 3,013 Member
    Options
    The only thing I absolutely cannot eat in moderation are Reese's peanut butter cups. I have no clue what it is, but when I have one, I just have an uncontrollable urge to keep eating them and I'll feel nauseous and hungry until I do. That never happens with ANYTHING else, only Reese's cups - they must be laced with something! xD
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,950 Member
    Options
    JoRocka wrote: »

BA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA

this- is hysterical.
    Yeah, these jokes just seem to make themselves these days. lol.
  • samantha1242
    samantha1242 Posts: 816 Member
    Options
    Pasta. I absolutely love pasta.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    Pasta. I absolutely love pasta.
    heh- me too.... I don't keep it or eat it in my house because I'm NEVER full even after eating 500+ calories of it- it's just ridiculous. totally unsatisfying. and delicious.
  • meritage4
    meritage4 Posts: 1,441 Member
    Options
    christmas fruitcake delicious and very high in calories and I turn around and I've eaten several servings.
  • bookworm_847
    bookworm_847 Posts: 1,903 Member
    Options
    Pretty much any kind of chips-- especially the Pingles BBQ and Doritos Spicy Sweet Chili. I always tell myself I'll just have a few a day and make them last me a while. Two days later for the Pringles or four to five days later for the Doritos, they're all gone. *sigh*