How useful are the massage chairs at Planet Fitness?

Options

Replies

• dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,951 Member
    Options
    Actually...

Actually...

replace body builder with lifter on a progressive lifting program. Now explain this black card room. If I rolled in there with some food, and a my ps vita, I could play games for a couple hours and relax after a hard day at work?
  • Pirate_chick
    Pirate_chick Posts: 1,216 Member
    edited December 2014
    Options
    dbmata wrote: »
    runner475 wrote: »
    Salt caves?
    I'd get kicked out for licking the walls.

Teach me.
    Don't they sound delicious?

I don't know why my posts keep disappearing.

I call them salt caves, but they are really poultice rooms.

http://spaworldusa.com/

In my previous posts, I stated that it's not my regular gym, it's too far. but a place I go every now and again for a me day.
  • cmoorofum
    cmoorofum Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    I belong to planet fitness and work out thier daily. I have lost up to 16 pounds due to me working out. I use the tanning bed, the massage bed, and the massage chair. I love them all.. It is a affordable gym that accomodates all my needs. I dont understand why they serve pizza or bagels once a month but I do know how to turn down food and I do that everytime they serve it. The massage chair is better than any massage chair that I have ever been in. It has nothing on the ones at the nail shop. Oh, and by the way almost ALL gyms have tanning beds in them. If you dont like them then you dont have to use them.
  • dbmata
    Options
    Salt caves?

Teach me.

In my previous posts, I stated that it's not my regular gym, it's too far. but a place I go every now and again for a me day.
    Those look more like ovens to me, giant pizza ovens.

DON'T GO IN THE PIZZA OVEN, WE CAN'T EAT EACH OTHER.

Well, cooked.
  • LifeInTheBikeLane
    LifeInTheBikeLane Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    cmoorofum wrote: »
    I belong to planet fitness and work out thier daily. I have lost up to 16 pounds due to me working out. I use the tanning bed, the massage bed, and the massage chair. I love them all.. It is a affordable gym that accomodates all my needs. I dont understand why they serve pizza or bagels once a month but I do know how to turn down food and I do that everytime they serve it. The massage chair is better than any massage chair that I have ever been in. It has nothing on the ones at the nail shop. Oh, and by the way almost ALL gyms have tanning beds in them. If you dont like them then you dont have to use them.

The bagel and pizza thing confuses me. They always try to make me take some. Sorry, but no. Peer pressure!
  • Pirate_chick
    Pirate_chick Posts: 1,216 Member
    Options
    Salt caves?

Teach me.

Well, cooked.

click around the site it's awesome. I may go this weekend. I skip the naked pool. for the life of me I can't figure out why you have to be naked to go in the pool. Eww.
  • cmoorofum
    Options
    Salt caves?

It's not my regular gym, but a place I go for treat. I tend to work out while I am there, then relax. I do skip the naked pool though. lol

spaworldusa.com/

Naked pool??? interesting i want to sign up!
  • cmoorofum
    edited December 2014
    Options

Holy CRAP that spa looks like HEAVEN !! If only I was close to Virginia .....
  • dbmata
    Options
    Salt caves?

Teach me.

Well, cooked.

click around the site it's awesome. I may go this weekend. I skip the naked pool. for the life of me I can't figure out why you have to be naked to go in the pool. Eww.

To watch others? To strip away the trappings of society and be on equal footing with others? Well, as us guys know, some are more equal than others.
  • LiminalAscendance
    LiminalAscendance Posts: 489 Member
    edited December 2014
    Options
    Salt caves?

Teach me.

Well, cooked.

To watch others? To strip away the trappings of society and be on equal footing with others? Well, as us guys know, some are more equal than others.

That goes for women, also.

You just use a different measuring stick.
  • lishie_rebooted
    lishie_rebooted Posts: 2,973 Member
    Options
    rachelrb85 wrote: »
    Sounds like an anti-PF rant to me. I thought the tanning beds were the only good thing at PF. Gym and tanning goes together like peanut butter and fluff. But I guess it's not for everyone. As for the massage chairs... I've used it but was not entirely impressed. I've sat in much nicer massage chairs while getting a pedicure. All in all, canceling my PF membership was the smartest thing I've done this year.

I knew you were from New England with your fluffer nutter reference
  • dbmata
    Options
    Salt caves?

Teach me.

Well, cooked.

That goes for women, also.

You just use a different measuring stick.

Except with those, size doesn't matter, they're all awesome.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options
    PF's motto should be "enough distractions so that you never work out, guaranteed or your money back"
  • WalkingAlong
    WalkingAlong Posts: 4,926 Member
    Options
    It's $10/month? Man, it sounds like heaven for a homeless person or a henpecked spouse. I wonder if they have to enforce maximum hours per day.
  • dbmata
    Options
    It's $10/month? Man, it sounds like heaven for a homeless person or a henpecked spouse. I wonder if they have to enforce maximum hours per day.
    and at least one buffet night a month. I could out eat $10 easy. Totally worth it for that.
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    dont take away the tanning beds. here in NYC, getting a PF membership (that you dont use) is cheaper for unlimited tanning sessions than any salon, and it helps big time with SAD in the winter. And since they are always empty in the gym, there's no fussy line to wait in :D and they give you pizza while you wait - but I dont like to tan with a big old tummy. the chairs arent very relaxing though. you just feel like youre sitting there jiggling while all the tshirts on the treadmills stare down at you and mean mug you til you leave and go back to your own gym - ha - not relaxing.
  • sofaking6
    sofaking6 Posts: 4,589 Member
    Options
    spartan_d wrote: »
    I've never been to a PF and probably wouldn't cuz I DL, but why would you care if someone wants to spend time in a "relaxation zone". Does it affect your work-out?
    It doesn't. I'm just saying that it seems out of place in a gym. Playing video games in a bathroom likewise seems out of place to me, even though this may not affect me personally.

As I said earlier, I also think that (rightfully or not) this "relaxation zone" helps feed the notion that PF is for people who don't really want to work out. Feel free to disagree with me on that point if you wish.

I haven't been to a PF, but I get the feeling they don't want to just be a gym. They want to be a gym/club/spa. I also think "fitness" doesn't have to only mean how far you can run or how much you can press. It can also mean how calm you feel or how positive your outlook is. "Sitting on the couch overeating junk food" is not the same thing as "relaxing", if you're unhappy and anxious.

• sofaking6
    sofaking6 Posts: 4,589 Member
    edited December 2014
    Options
    I'll see your Spa World and raise you a Spa Castle

http://spacastleusa.com/main/

PS I love the naked pools
  • canadianlbs
    canadianlbs Posts: 5,199 Member
    Options
    spartan_d wrote: »
    In my experience though, massage chairs generally don't do much for post-workout tension, though.

never been to pf, never been in a massage chair. but chipping in to say that i don't find mechanical massage tools very helpful in general. i own a couple of objects but always seem to go back to my collection of various balls and/or the foam roller. MAYBE my trainer's orbital car-buffer thing has a place now and then, but you still have to do the important part of the work, managing positioning and pressure levels, moving the muscle you're working . . .

there's no such thing as a free ride when it comes to muscle release. or if there is then i haven't tracked it down yet.