Confess...

Options

Replies

• slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,452 Member
    Options
    MrsBooBear wrote: »
    I confess I drank way too much last night and then ate pizza.
    I confess...I had fish and chips for dinner...looks like we both got some working out to do lol
  • MrsBooBear
    MrsBooBear Posts: 12,618 Member
    Options
    :#o:)
  • SojournerThirteen
    SojournerThirteen Posts: 28,204 Member
    Options
    MrsBooBear wrote: »
    I confess I drank way too much last night and then ate pizza.

Good for you! I hope it all tasted great!
  • SojournerThirteen
    SojournerThirteen Posts: 28,204 Member
    Options
    moijo705 wrote: »
    Thanks @slimgirljo15 & @sojourner I'll be fine..always bounce back

Hope so... we are all worth more than that (sadness)
  • ejdutton
    ejdutton Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    I confess that I can get majorly competitive with colleagues if they are also on a diet. I need to know that I am losing more weight than them
  • carlsonrobb
    carlsonrobb Posts: 914 Member
    Options
    I confess I better not put in writing what I need to confess
  • Go_Mizzou99
    Go_Mizzou99 Posts: 2,628 Member
    Options
    I drank too much bourbon last night.
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,452 Member
    Options
    I confess I better not put in writing what I need to confess

Ooooo do tell...sounds juicy. What you been doing bad boy :p

• tat2cookie
    tat2cookie Posts: 1,899 Member
    Options
    I confess the @big_lindsay‌ is my new hero. Such elegant writing skills! It's a breath of fresh air.
  • Athos282
    Athos282 Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    Athos282 wrote: »
    I confess that sometimes I speak in hyperbole and that some people take me way too seriously.

There's nothing wrong with V-Necks on a male, I just don't think the v should go all the way down to the bottom of his pectorals. YMMV

I've never had a serious urge to stone someone for claiming an addiction to carbs/sugar, I am really just sad that they haven't found something that they want more than the carbs/sugar.

The stoning comment I'll grant you can be excused on grounds of hyperbole. The homophobia remark, however, did not convey any literary or linguistic savvy that I could perceive. That is a sensitive subject that is injurious to many people, including some of my dearest loved ones. I had a precious cousin whose life was snuffed out too early in 2013 because of that very societal illness. Perhaps hyperbole isn't your best conversational device. Maybe next time try litotes.

I confess that I, (and apparently many other folks,) don't always pick up on misused hyperbole in text-only situations. A few winking emotions and a little sensitivity go a long way on a message board.

I confess to not being aware of exactly what a litote is; but I also confess that it was insensitive of me to make the remark I did and have reported my post in which I made said insensitive comment in hopes that it will be removed. Please accept my most heart-felt apology for my lack of awareness and condolences for your loss.

• Lindsay_the_great
    Lindsay_the_great Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    tat2cookie wrote: »
    I confess the @big_lindsay‌ is my new hero. Such elegant writing skills! It's a breath of fresh air.

Blushing
  • palwithme
    palwithme Posts: 860 Member
    Options
    I confess I got in trouble last week at work for being on MFP too much during my "working" hours. I work in research for a health insurance company and said I was doing research.
  • Lindsay_the_great
    Options
    I confess that sometimes I speak in hyperbole and that some people take me way too seriously.

There's nothing wrong with V-Necks on a male, I just don't think the v should go all the way down to the bottom of his pectorals. YMMV

I've never had a serious urge to stone someone for claiming an addiction to carbs/sugar, I am really just sad that they haven't found something that they want more than the carbs/sugar.

The stoning comment I'll grant you can be excused on grounds of hyperbole. The homophobia remark, however, did not convey any literary or linguistic savvy that I could perceive. That is a sensitive subject that is injurious to many people, including some of my dearest loved ones. I had a precious cousin whose life was snuffed out too early in 2013 because of that very societal illness. Perhaps hyperbole isn't your best conversational device. Maybe next time try litotes.

I confess that I, (and apparently many other folks,) don't always pick up on misused hyperbole in text-only situations. A few winking emotions and a little sensitivity go a long way on a message board.

I confess to not being aware of exactly what a litote is; but I also confess that it was insensitive of me to make the remark I did and have reported my post in which I made said insensitive comment in hopes that it will be removed. Please accept my most heart-felt apology for my lack of awareness and condolences for your loss.

You are a good man. Thank you for your sincere apologies. I confess I am surprised. :smile:

Litotes is the opposite of hyperbole. It is the use of an understatement to make a point. It is mastered most eloquently by the British. For example, "I don't half like her." Is litotes.
  • Athos282
    Athos282 Posts: 405 Member
    Options

You are a good man. Thank you for your sincere apologies. I confess I am surprised. :smile:

Litotes is the opposite of hyperbole. It is the use of an understatement to make a point. It is mastered most eloquently by the British. For example, "I don't half like her." Is litotes.

I confess that I googled the term after I wrote my apology and your explanation helps me understand it a little better. It makes me think of the line from The Lord of the Rings "I don't know half of you half as well as I should like, and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

Further learning is warranted.
  • Lindsay_the_great
    Options

I confess that I googled the term after I wrote my apology and your explanation helps me understand it a little better. It makes me think of the line from The Lord of the Rings "I don't know half of you half as well as I should like, and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

Further learning is warranted.

Like. :smile:
  • Markdjones83
    Markdjones83 Posts: 852 Member
    Options
    I confess I will eat terrible today and will love every minute of it lol
  • Lindsay_the_great
    Options

I confess that I didn't track the 1" sliver of chocolate cake I just ate for second breakfast.
  • tat2cookie
    tat2cookie Posts: 1,899 Member
    Options
    I confess that today is my 13th wedding anniversary and my loving husband gave me $300 to go to the spa.... I'd rather spent it on a new tattoo.