Being a bridesmaid and wanting to slim down?

Options
13»

Replies

• CatAMcC
    CatAMcC Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    I've been trying to lose weight all year for two weddings- one in August, the other in October. I've got about 5 pounds to go but my loss stalled about 3 months ago- no changes in weight or inches at all!. I'm thinking of taking a break for a few weeks to reset but will be sad to be short of my goal at the August wedding.

Maybe taking a wee break will help!! Sounds like doing amazing so far!
  • Xenophonica
    Xenophonica Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I've made a new friend in town interesting in exercising, and she has kiddos too so I know that the workouts we do together will be simple because of bringing strollers with us but it is nice to have someone to walk with! I'm hoping to hit 260 by the day of or before the wedding (September 21st), which has me losing another 13lbs by then, and I think I can do it. Even if I only break the 270 barrier, I'll be pleased. I'll post another dress update in a week or two :)
  • crista_b
    crista_b Posts: 1,192 Member
    Options
    Ok... So I tried on the dress for the Oct 19 wedding today which means I have 3 months to make this look good. I haven't posted pics that look this bad on here, but here goes nothing...
    jvgKqPZ.jpg

That's without any Spanx or anything too so hopefully the tummy bulge and wide hips will look a little better in 3 months with the help of them and lots of exercise/calorie counting.
  • chichibaby85
    chichibaby85 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I'm on the same boat. I'm going to be in my best friend's wedding in November I already got my dress just hoping to be able to lose about 20-30lbs by then..the last wedding I was in I wore a size 4, this time a size 12 (two kids and 7yrs later but still no excuse)!..How depressing! It does give me a little motivation though.
  • hananah89
    hananah89 Posts: 692 Member
    Options
    Glad I'm not the only one trying to slim down for a wedding! My friend is gettting married in October and I just started losing weight about a month ago. Meeting her later today to go dress shopping. I'm worried about what size to get (if we find one today) since I know my body will definitely change by October.
  • CatAMcC
    Options
    Ok... So I tried on the dress for the Oct 19 wedding today which means I have 3 months to make this look good. I haven't posted pics that look this bad on here, but here goes nothing...
    jvgKqPZ.jpg

That's without any Spanx or anything too so hopefully the tummy bulge and wide hips will look a little better in 3 months with the help of them and lots of exercise/calorie counting.

That already looks lovely! Keep determined to get to where you want to be!! One of the dresses for me being made - so 3 weeks until first measurements - so they my mini goals
  • CatAMcC
    Options
    15lbs down!! And got to stone week before goal for Bride no1 engagement party!! Ive upped exercise too with lot more walking on top of gym and drinking even more water.

Hope everyone else doing well :-)
  • LaurenBraddy
    LaurenBraddy Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I'm so glad I found this! I'm a bridesmaid in one of my dear college friends weddings......in Puerto Rico.....this October! Not only do I need to be dress/picture ready, I need to work on bikini ready too! My girlfriends are all so lovely and I'm tired of being the chubby girl in the crowd. My goal is a 25lb drop. I don't know that I can get it all off in time....but I'm sure going to work at it! Unfortunately, I looked at my MFP "report" and my graph line has only gone up for the past year. I am exactly 20lbs heavier than I was this time last year when I feel off of the wagon.
  • CatAMcC
    Options
    just start now!! even if losing weight slowly you be more toned and feel fab about yourself!! just do it and be fab!!