30 DAY SHRED .. AGAIN

Options
Hi guys, my name is Rebecca.

I completed the 30 day shred about 3/4 weeks ago and lost 13 inches on total (individual results shown below)! It is noa approaching summer and although I am not going away until September, I am commencing operation bikini body! ok, I sounded really cheesy but I don't care lol - this summer is the summer that I will work hard and get my results and know that I will look good in a bikin - no more of this 'there's always next year attitude'!

I officially started yesterday and have a lot coming up this month so it will take me more than 30 days. If you come acros this thread, a week or month from when I wrote this then still join, all motivation is welcome :-) I had photos from my previous shred but MFP took them off as it was in my underwear, I will take photos in my gym gear and post the final results and measurements once I am done!

Started 30 day shred on 1st April:

CW: 151.75 LBS

Waist - 30 inches
thighs - 23 1/2 inches
Arms - 12 icnhes
Below Belly button - 36 inches
Chest - 34 inches
Calves -14 1/2 inches

Half-way point - 15th April

CW: 148.75 LBS

Waist - 28 inches
thighs - 23 inches
Arms - 11 icnhes
Below Belly button - 33.5 inches
Chest - 33.5 inches
Calves -14 inches

END - 3rd May

CW: 146.8lbs
Waist - 26.5 inches
thighs - 22 inches
Arms - 10.5 icnhes
Below Belly button - 32 inches
Chest - 32 inches
Calves -14 inches

I'm in work so can't post the link to the 30 day shred calender, just google image it! It really helped me through and ensured I didn't give up, I wrote down what other exercise I did and how I felt that day, you'll be amazed looking back on it when your done!

GOOD LUCK EVERYONE AND REMEMBER....

THIS SUMMER IS THE SUMMER YOU DO IT :-D xx

Replies

• skinnyme444
    skinnyme444 Posts: 86
    Options
    anyone? :-(
  • crystalrp
    crystalrp Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    I am going to start on June 1st! There was an earlier thread on a challenge group doing it this coming month as well! Great results there! I am really excited (and a tad nervous) about starting but I feel it is exactly what I need to keep things humming along. :)
  • KaylaKilgore
    KaylaKilgore Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    I just started day 1 yesterday.. I'm not sure if I'll be doing day 2 today or not.. I may attempt it but my thighs are aching so we'll see how it goes. If anyone else has just started add me and we can motivate each other and compare the aching lol. Have a good day!

and Congrats on the progress!
  • skinnyme444
    Options
    The pain will go away on about day 5/6, you just gotta push through, I understand that it's hard! Level 2 is BORINGGGGG and you will want to give up so badly but hang in there until level 3 and you will love it, I promise! you will be amazed at the results :-D
  • perrinjoshua
    perrinjoshua Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    Amazing results. I googled the calendar as you suggested and will look into tracking on that. I am doing Level 2 now and I'm happy with it but Level 3 is next week and that should get interesting. I have to say congratulations on doing such a good job. Your stats are incredible. Enjoy yourself.
  • warriorprincessdi
    warriorprincessdi Posts: 617 Member
    Options
    I will start tonight. I started 30DS a few weeks ago; made it through to day#6 and then fell off as I started concentrating on jogging and had so many social obligations... But, I have my jogging up to 20-30mins at a time now so I suppose I should get back on the Shred! :) Count me in
  • frannooooo
    frannooooo Posts: 7
    Options
    I am suffering on Level Two. I started on Thursday before bank holiday and then I went away for the weekend, so didn't get into it over the bank holiday and just started again last night. Level Two hates my guts, haha. Willing to push past it and get to and through Level Three though! I'm already considering starting the programme again after I'm done and increasing my weights, so that's got to be a good sign, right?!

Best of luck with it, guys!
  • amandaj1966
    amandaj1966 Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    I did the 30DS but gave up after 17 days, really need to start again and see it through to the end.

Good luck to everyone that is doing the 30 DS. xx
  • skinnyme444
    Options
    A commom theme of hating on Level 2 then lol? I know what you mean guys, I had a 2 day break and I forced myself to get back into it because I knew if I didn't start soon again then I would never finish it :-( I had a week and a half off exercise and counting calories and my body is hating me for it now but I am back on it, back walking and hopefully I will be able to stick Jillian Michaels for the next month lol. Life will always be there so if it takes you 30/40 even 50 days and you finish it, you finished it and that's all that matters guys :-) stay strong! xxx
  • puckers82
    puckers82 Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    I started again today, its my 3rd time. I last finished about 3 weeks ago. Ive always done it 30 days straight.

I should get my treadmill on sat and plan on doing c25k so will be doing that too, not sure if ill do 30ds on running days or not, will see what time i have :smile:

Tomorrow will be a day off, hopefully ill get out for my run but we're going fishing so wont have time for both.
  • roxylola
    roxylola Posts: 540 Member
    Options
    I have just started this and am managing ok with level 1 I was contemplating moving on to level 2 a bit sooner but I don't know if this is appropriate or if you need to do 10 days of each to benefit. Any suggestions?
  • HaydnsMummy
    Options
    Hi all,

I'm fairly new :)

I started shredding this week, today is day 3. I've also added about 15/20 minutes of yoga which I've done today and intend to do twice more this week. I also walk three times a week too. I'm eating 1200 calories without exercise but obviously eating more if I am exercising.

I was thinking of doing the 5:2 diet too.
  • Tigg1011
    Tigg1011 Posts: 146
    Options
    Tomorrow is the last day of level 2 for me, then on to level 3. When did you really start seeing results? Btw I am right there with you about the bikini body, I am getting married in Nov, and would like to wear a bikini at least on my honeymoon!
  • Curvimami
    Curvimami Posts: 1,853 Member
    Options
    Awesome results!!! Congrats!
  • I_Will_End_You
    I_Will_End_You Posts: 4,397 Member
    Options
    Tomorrow is the last day of level 2 for me, then on to level 3. When did you really start seeing results? Btw I am right there with you about the bikini body, I am getting married in Nov, and would like to wear a bikini at least on my honeymoon!

I saw results at the end of level one, then seemed to stay the same through level 2, and more results close to the end of level 3.
  • Tigg1011
    Tigg1011 Posts: 146
    Options
    really? my scale showed a gain the first week and i got discouraged and havent weighed since. but feel sooo much better!
  • glitterbellexo
    Options
    I just started (again) last night.

I need to measure my inches to I can track it that way too.

I was definitely cursing at Jillian the whole time. I do find the workouts to be kind of boring, but its less than 30 minutes of my day, thats how I talk myself into doing it.
  • BridgyK
    BridgyK Posts: 3
    Options
    I started Day 1 yesterday. Finished day 2 today. It helped that I started the C25K 6 weeks ago, so my endurance and cardio is higher than it would have been if I started a month ago. I'll be continuing my C25K and I hope to do the 30 days non stop. We'll see how this goes! Good luck everybody!
  • skinnyme444
    Options
    I also saw results at the end of level 1, no change in level 2 and then a big change in level 3! And I also gained the first week of doing it too so don't be discouraged :-) I'm sick of the shred and Jillian but it works and it's only 25 minutes, I couldn't ask for more!

We can do this everyone :-D
  • bouncybabymama
    bouncybabymama Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I just started 30 Day Shred. Today is Day 4 and I can already tell a HUGE difference in my endurance! My only problem is that my knee is killing me today. Has anyone else had knee pain?