30 DAY SHRED .. AGAIN

Options

Replies

• skinnyme444
    Options
    yeah, I think the exercising every day is a complete nightmare and I'm so afraid to miss a day of it! everyone says your not supposed to exercise every day and you need rest days but I'm afraid if I only exercise 4 times a week that won't be enough and I'll take more rest days than I'm supposed to!

I have been a little bad last night an didnt log it so I'm hoping my weight today is still my TOM and not actually weight :-(

lex69 - I'm from the UK! I hate the kilograms way of measuring, I've never done it!
  • honsi
    honsi Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    OK can someone tell me what a '30 day Shred 'is ?
  • deannafaye94
    deannafaye94 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Day 3 of level 2 done and my body is completely exhausted. I think I'm going to have to postpone my run until tomorrow and have a half day of rest!! It feels so good knowing I've completed another day though...only 17 more to go! We can all do this. Keep fighting everyone!
  • skinnyme444
    Options
    OK can someone tell me what a '30 day Shred 'is ?

Hi, my name is Rebecca

The 30 day shred is from Jillian Micahels and its only 25 mins long! I think all 3 levels are on youtube for free but I have the DVD. I got a box set of hers for around £20 on Amazon - well worth the buy! I have some hand weights too, you will need these (1kg-3kg), I had never used weight before so I had to start with 1kgs.

Each level is comprised of a 25 minute work out, 5 minute warm up, 3 6 minute circuits and a 5 minute cool down.

3 mins strength
    2 minutes cardio
    1 minute abs

You will do 2 moves in each set, so for example (circuit 1):

3 minutes strength - 30 seconds of pushups, 1 minute of squat with a shoulder press (a squat whilst lifting your handweights straight up) and then repeat. one more time
    2 mintutes cardio - 30 seconds of jumping jacks (star jumps) and 30 seconds of jump rope and then repeat one more time.
    1 minutes abs - 30 second basic crunch and then 30 second reverse crunch.

Level 1 - 10 days
    Level 2 - 10 days
    Level 3 - 10 days

It sounds horrible and daunting, especially strength ebcause I never focused on upper body because I was so bad but trust me, you will be so much happier, stronger, more confident and more toned come the end!

Started 30 day shred on 1st April:

CW: 151.75 LBS

Waist - 30 inches
    thighs - 23 1/2 inches
    Arms - 12 icnhes
    Below Belly button - 36 inches
    Chest - 34 inches
    Calves -14 1/2 inches

Half-way point - 15th April

CW: 148.75 LBS

Waist - 28 inches
    thighs - 23 inches
    Arms - 11 icnhes
    Below Belly button - 33.5 inches
    Chest - 33.5 inches
    Calves -14 inches

END - 3rd May

CW: 146.8lbs
    Waist - 26.5 inches
    thighs - 22 inches
    Arms - 10.5 icnhes
    Below Belly button - 32 inches
    Chest - 32 inches
    Calves -14 inches

All in all, give it a go! I've tried a few times and failed but I told myself no, I will do this! Took 2 days off because I just couldn't do it, my body needed a break. Do it 5 times a week if you want and walk the other 2. I started walking to and from work on level 3, 4 miles a day and then doing some of her no more trouble zones circuits (mostly for toning and also available on youtube for FREE).

Oh, and one last thing. You may not see a huge scale movement so the key is to measure, inches will be the greater loss here. Who cares what you weigh if you look good and toned, I think thats something everyone needs to work on in believing more, inlcuding myself.

Log the shred as 25 minutes circuits and no more trouble zones as curved circuit training and the length of time will depend on how many circuits you do!

I am so glad I finally finsihed it. Level 3 is crazy but you don't get bored and you feel amazing after it.
  • honsi
    honsi Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    OK great , Thanks for explaining.
  • Joydriven
    Joydriven Posts: 46
    Options
    So, just googled it and did day 1! I couldn't find a complete set of hand weights so grabbed some cans. Who knew garbanzos and artichoke hearts could weigh so differently. Thanks for posting about your success with it. Perfect motivator!
  • luulu1999
    luulu1999 Posts: 119
    Options
    Just started level one today.....i about died but Im gonna try to keep going it may take me longer than 30 days though because on tues and thur i work all day and have class til 10 at night immediately after work
  • yolokindagirl
    yolokindagirl Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I started 30 day shred yesterday. I completed my second day this morning. Ill be doing the stairs or treadmill on an incline 4 times a week in combination with 30ds. I cant wait to start seeing results!
  • lisa483
    lisa483 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I am on day 4 of the 30 day shred. The pain in my thighs is slooowly starting to ease now, Thank god!! ha

Can't wait to start seeing results :0))
  • skinnyme444
    Options
    OK guys, I've just came across the below work out plan for Jillian lovers! It's a June slim down group - if you bored of the shred then maybe give this a go :-)

DAY 1 - 30 DAY SHRED: LEVEL 1
    DAY 2 - 30 DAY SHRED: LEVEL 1
    DAY 3 - NO MORE TROUBLE ZONES
    DAY 4 - 30 DAY SHRED: LEVEL 1
    DAY 5 - BANISH FAT, BOOST METABOLISM
    DAY 6 - QUICK TROUBLE ZONES
    DAY 7 - OFF!
    DAY 8 - 30 DAY SHRED: LEVEL 1
    DAY 9 - 30 DAY SHRED: LEVEL 2
    DAY 10 - QUICK TROUBLE ZONES

DAY 11 - 30 DAY SHRED: LEVEL 2
    DAY 12 - BANISH FAST, BOOST METABOLISM
    DAY 13 - NO MORE TROUBLE ZONES
    DAY 14 - OFF!
    DAY 15 - 30 DAY SHRED: LEVEL 1 & QUICK TROUBLE ZONES
    DAY 16 - 30 DAY SHRED: LEVEL 2
    DAY 17 - NO MORE TROUBLE ZONES
    DAY 18 - 30 DAY SHRED: LEVEL 1 & 2
    DAY 19 - NO MORE TROUBLE ZONES
    DAY 20 - BANISH FAT, BOOST METABOLISM

DAY 21 - OFF!
    DAY 22 - 30 DAY SHRED: LEVEL 2 & 1
    DAY 23 - QUICK TROUBLE ZONES
    DAY 24 - BANISH FAT, BOOST METABOLISM
    DAY 25 - QUICK TROUBLE ZONES & 30 DAY SHRED: LEVEL 2
    DAY 26 - OFF!
    DAY 27 - NO MORE TROUBLE ZONES & 30 DAY SHRED LEVEL 1
    DAY 28 - BANISH FAT, BOOST METABOLISM & QUICK TROUBLE ZONES
    DAY 29 - 30 DAY SHRED: LEVEL 2 AND THEN LEVEL 1
    DAY 30 - NO MORE TROUBLE ZONES
  • skinnyme444
    Options
    “Quick Trouble Zones” are the circuits/exercises within the “No More Trouble Zones” workout that do NOT require you to get on the floor, ie. floorwork. For example, the circuits or exercises where you have to get on your knees, touch the floor with your hands or sit on the floor you OMIT from the No More Trouble Zones workout. When you eliminate the floorwork portion from the “No More Trouble Zones” workout you are performing “Quick Trouble Zones”

Shred level 1 is here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Pc-NizMgg8
    Shred level 2 is here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YEkaq6U5Ghw
    NMTZ is here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EHx3UeZl5YY&list=PL9B8B936662917FB9
    BFBM is here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FTT4W8ygJ7w
  • skinnyme444
    Options
    day 4 of the Jillian Michaels June plan done :-)
  • Nicolette04
    Nicolette04 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Done with day 5 yesterday. I only had 10 lb weights, which I used for the first 3 days and I couldn't move, I hurt so bad. I took Saturday and Sunday off, and then did day 4 and 5 (Monday and Yesterday), but I shared a 10lb weight b/w 2 hands...so that prolly dropped the efficiency of the complete movement, but I am not strong enough yet for the 10lb.

I'm excited. I like the program, and I like Jillian Michaels. Today will be day six and I already feel so much better...and I can finally almost completely get through the whole set without taking a quick break. Although bicycle crunches kill me, and that last round of cardio hurts too.. .lol!
  • skinnyme444
    Options
    day 5 done! burn fat boost metabolism done, can't believe I made it the whole way through!
  • Nicolette04
    Nicolette04 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Day 6 done. Could really feel the improvement, especially in the catdio sets.
  • skinnyme444
    Options
    fell off the wagn a bit but i'm back at it now :D
  • versatility
    versatility Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I am on level 1-day 6. I have attempted this before and did not finish, but I am determined to do it this time. I am already noticing a difference.
  • goalss4nika
    goalss4nika Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    I just got my copy from the lIbrary. I am trying to fully fit into my size 16 bermudas, and shirts for my cruise in august. I can pull them up, but I can't button them. I am hoping from all the reviews that the 30DS will help me. Feel free to add me for support! I have Insanity, but I stop doing that because it is tough. Doesn't mean I am giving up. I just have to try something different right now. Again, anyone can add me for support! Especially, if you are doing 30DS. I need all the support I can get. :flowerforyou:
  • yolokindagirl
    Options
    I went camping for four days after starting 30ds. I restarted on sunday, but im alternating 30ds and the lower body butt bible video with cardio at the gym (stairs or treadmill on incline hill setting). I can already tell im shrinking. YYEEESSS

6/9 - 30 day shred lvl 1
    6/10 - butt bible lower lvl 1
    6/11 - 30 day shred lvl 1
    6/12 - butt bible lower lvl 1
    6/13 - 30 day shred lvl 1
    6/14 - butt bible lower lvl 1
  • yolokindagirl
    Options
    6/15 - 30 day shred lvl 1
    6/16 - butt bible lower lvl 1
    6/17 - 30 day shred lvl 1
    6/18 - butt bible lower lvl 1
    6/19 - 30 day shred lvl 2

Still working at it!

Ive moved on to level 2 of 30 day shred. I was dripping sweat all over my tile floor