I'm an idiot: Have at me.....

Options
OllyReeves
OllyReeves Posts: 579 Member
So this morning (as every couple of days) I was cleaning my ears with a Q tip, I like nice shiny ears (ears maketh the man) and when I withdrew the Q tip, it was just a Q. The tip was lodged in my earhole.

Bummer.

SO I tried with tweezers, and nothing happened.

I am now partially deaf and have a wad of cotton tickling my brain :(

I know I'm a mong, so flame me......starting from....NOW....

Replies

• VeganCoco
    VeganCoco Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I hate the word 'Mong' makes me shudder.

But yeah you're stupid, but then I had to go to hospital when I was a child to get a raisin taken out of my nose, so I can hardly mock.
  • PlayerHatinDogooder
    PlayerHatinDogooder Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    Just don't try anything kinky in the bedroom.

It could be alot worse.
  • taunto
    taunto Posts: 6,420 Member
    Options
    Been there. I clean my ears after every single shower (is that a common thing or am I a rarity?). You first off need a better quality Q-tip and if (when) that happens, You use the tip (the stick) and use it to get it out. Its not the best feeling I tell you that.

Good luck!
  • Ottinger13
    Ottinger13 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Make a quick trip to an ER or walk in clinic and have them get the cotton out or it will become encrusted with wax and may damage your hearing.
  • didntfeelcreativetoday
    Options
    I have a clean ear fetish as well but never had that happen before. However like Vegan I had to go to the hospital to get a small toy car out of my ear when I was a young lad.
  • Warchortle
    Warchortle Posts: 2,197 Member
    Options
    I just tilt my head in the shower every once in a while use hydrogen peroxide...
  • QuietRain
    QuietRain Posts: 157
    Options
    I put a pebble in my ear when I was a kid and had to be put under anesthesia to get it removed.
    aha.

Good luck getting the cotton swab out!
  • carolyn0613
    carolyn0613 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Yep, you need to get it taken out asap. They will have seen a lot worse at the docs or hospital but will give you grief about using them.
  • ultimuttginge
    Options
    Ha! I work in the NHS and our nurses go MENTAL at people who use Q-tips...we see people all the time who get them stuck. That being said i still do it! :)
  • runningjen74
    runningjen74 Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    have you never heard, nothing smaller than your elbow in your ear!!
  • Miss_Meliss86
    Miss_Meliss86 Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    Get it taken out ASAP before it gets lodged in there even deeper. Taunto is right though, you need some better quality QTips ;) No more dollar store ones!
  • dcazll
    dcazll Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    A doc once told me you should never put anything smaller than your elbow in your ear. Apparently a drop of olive oil is best for softening the wax and then let nature take its course.
  • taunto
    taunto Posts: 6,420 Member
    Options
    A doc once told me you should never put anything smaller than your elbow in your ear. Apparently a drop of olive oil is best for softening the wax and then let nature take its course.

How are you suppose to clean your ears then...?
  • mlcantwell
    mlcantwell Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    I only use q tips to remove the nail polish that ends up outside the nails. I don't shove anything in my ears, I'm afraid to do damage, just think if you tripped or something! You need it to protect your ears from debris and certain microorganisms that could cause infection. Just wash the outside of the ear when you wash your face in the shower.
  • tpittsley77
    tpittsley77 Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    Taunto, haven't you seen the newest invention, that sucks the wax out of your ear?!?!

http://www.amazon.com/EAR-WAX-VACUUM-VAC-REMOVAL/dp/B00AUKA6EU

Of course if you must go old school and use qtips, check out these bad boys!!

http://www.qtips.com/product/detail/115035/precision-tips
  • PlayerHatinDogooder
    PlayerHatinDogooder Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options

How are you suppose to clean your ears then...?

With what's between your legs . . .
  • SaraBrown12
    SaraBrown12 Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    You need to get it removed asap. And no your no idiot for wanting to have clean ears. This happened to me once when i bought cheapy ear pickers but i was lucky and managed to remove it myself as it was not wedged very far in my ear.
  • nikilis
    nikilis Posts: 2,305 Member
    Options
    burn it with fire!
  • goodtimezzzz
    goodtimezzzz Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    fantastic!
  • SteelLadybird
    SteelLadybird Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    sounds like someone needs safety Q-tips...

My grandma used to oke her wax out with the bent end of a kirby grip... that looked more dangerous so i wouldnt recommend it either.