Fast Food

Options

Replies

• ShibaEars
    ShibaEars Posts: 3,928 Member
    Options
    I like Extreme Pita, they post all their nutritional information so it's easy to get something healthy & delicious. I also like Opa and Edo. They're higher in calories, but so good, so once in a while it's not a big deal.
  • tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    Options
    I find it odd that the question was worded "if you have to..." I never have to, I eat fast food because I choose to. Convenient, delicious, and practical if I don't feel like cooking after a long day.
  • tennisdude2004
    tennisdude2004 Posts: 5,609 Member
    Options
    I went to BK earlier - 30 minutes in the drive through line (not sure that counts as fast food).

After the weight it wasn't either worth it....pfft!
  • EvanKeel
    EvanKeel Posts: 1,904 Member
    Options
    Barring a specific craving, I'd try to pick a place that's more likely to have consistent portion sizes, just for logging accuracy purposes. Places like Chipotle tend to be pretty inconsistent I've noticed. Maybe it's just the ones I go to.

And when I'm in a deficit, I tend to avoid french fries. While I do enjoy them generally, they have a tendency to play havoc with my macros, and half the time I'm disappointed with how they come out anyway. For good quality fries, I am sometimes willing to make more unusual adjustments in my other meals to make macros work, however.
  • enterdanger
    enterdanger Posts: 2,447 Member
    edited December 2014
    Options
    When I have to eat fast food my go to is the Southwest salad at McDonalds. Also, the classic roast beef (small size) from Arby's isn't too bad.
  • Laughter_Girl
    Laughter_Girl Posts: 2,226 Member
    Options
    I no longer eat fast food. I always have more than enough snacks with me so I never put myself in position to have to go to any fast food joint.
  • Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    Options
    Salads yuk!!! :/
  • CarrieCans
    CarrieCans Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    I love fast food. Last time we had it we got McDonalds. We each got a $1 menu sandwich and we split a large fry 3 ways and then i added some homemade tomato and cucumber salad. In my house it's more about keeping the cost low and less about the calories. I try to stretch both a little further with homemade sides. Next time i want a southern chicken sandwich with sweet and sour sauce...

When i want take out chinese, i will cook part of the meal myself and limit the amount that comes from the restaurant.

In the time it takes to get through the "fast" food drive thru, you can go to a grocery store and pick up a few ready to eat items. My grocery store always has prepped veggies in containers and fruit bowls. There's even fresh coffee and soup at the deli.
  • geneticsteacher
    geneticsteacher Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    Subway (ham and turkey with honey mustard), Wendy's (chili or small cheeseburger), Burger King (small cheeseburger or veggie burger), Rally's (small cheeseburger and a few of their disgustingly delicious fries), Taco Bell occasionally (crunchy taco, pintos and cheese). We just got a new chain - The Pita Pit - that has many healthy menu options. Haven't tried it yet.
  • mommyrunning
    mommyrunning Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    If you are asking about healthier options Mcalisters Deli is a good place to get food fast. They offer food that is reasonably healthy but make sure you check the nutrition before ordering since they do offer some high calorie stuff.
  • Branstin
    Branstin Posts: 2,320 Member
    Options
    I go any place that floats my boat as long as it fits my macros.
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,741 Member
    Options
    kace_kay wrote: »
    kace_kay wrote: »
    Usually opt for grilled chicken, no fries or soda. Chik-fil-a would be my go to place, but I try to avoid it. Who wants to pass up waffle fries?

I broke up with Chick-Fil-A when the large grilled nuggets, smallest fruit cup and a water came to almost $10. I can go out for Thai for that price, and if it's lunchtime I could get Mexican for that AND treat a friend...lol

I'd break up with them for that, too! I'll admit, I hate paying as much as I do for just their sandwich - glad I don't do it too often. Mexican does sound much better!

LOL...I just find this funny. Between the time I posted about not liking CFA and now, I've gone there and am now having it for lunch. Total fluke though because it was paid for by my office. Large grilled nuggets and a vanilla iced coffee. 400 cal lunch, good in protein and bad in sugar. Tasty though!

• auntchellebelle
    auntchellebelle Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    mmmm Big Mac!! Five Guys!! I can't choose. But that is why I am overweight. I am staying completely away from fast food now.
  • Amitysk
    Amitysk Posts: 705 Member
    Options
    With the exception of Chipotle, I can't remember the last time I had fast food. I think it was probably a BBQ Bacon Cheddar Smashburger (no bun). Anyway, my go to at Chipotle is a chicken burrito bowl, no rice or beans (maybe occasionally if I have room in my macros), tomatillo salsa, hot salsa, tiny bit of sour cream and cheese (also depends on my macros) and a little lettuce. Usually lasts me 2 meals (especially if I get the beans and rice).
  • sofaking6
    sofaking6 Posts: 4,589 Member
    Options
    My go-to is Jersey Mike's, a sub chain out here. Way tastier than Subway with nice crusty baguette.
  • sheepotato
    sheepotato Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    I don't really care what other people eat but I don't think fast food is worth it. Prices have crept up to the point it costs about the same or sometimes less to have a normal meal at a restaurant. It's actually cheaper for me to get Thai, Mexican, Vietnamese etc food because I end up with 2-3 servings for $10. It's not really any faster either, you can call in a to-go order at most local restaurants if time is a problem. So I don't really see it's appeal.

If I was in a situation where fast food was my only option, I think I would still look for a small grocery store and get some fruit, yogurt or something to tide me over until I could get some real food. Or look up a nearby restaurant on my phone and get something to-go. I try never to get hungry enough where I need to impulse eat anymore.
  • Mr_Knight
    Mr_Knight Posts: 9,532 Member
    edited December 2014
    Options
    dbavaro150 wrote: »
    If you have to go out for fast food? Where do you go?? What do you get??

McDonalds/BK value menu.

Pho, if available.

Pret à Manger or Chipotle, if nearby.
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    edited December 2014
    Options
    Taco Bell- chicken soft taco fresco
    Chick Fil A- usually the grilled chicken wrap
    Mcdonalds- dollar menu stuff, usually McDoubles, plan on getting some nuggets the next time I go
    don't eat enough at other places to have gotos

I don't really count places without drive thrus as fast food. Carl Jrs is my favorite but they're all too far away from me. :(
  • ErinK09
    ErinK09 Posts: 687 Member
    Options
    Chikfila! I get the original chicken sandwich, a small fry, ranch and a sweet tea.
    Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.