124»

Replies

• Mr_Knight
    Mr_Knight Posts: 9,532 Member
    Options
    Mr_Knight wrote: »
    Kalikel wrote: »
    The OP is switching to diet Coke. There is caffeine in diet Coke. It is not caffeine withdrawal.

The OP dumped both Diet and "fat" Coke.

From the very first sentence....
    so my new healthy eating has started which means I am now [sic] longer drinking Diet coke or fat coke.

Ah, that makes sense... I thought it meant that the OP is now drinking diet coke aka "fat Coke" (if one believes that diet coke is for fat people).

Well then, why not drink diet Coke? It may be easier to switch to diet, then slowly decrease the amount until you are drinking none rather than just stopping.
    It isn't really harder to quit one than it is to quit the other. Both have caffeine, which makes it difficult to get off the stuff.

If it weren't for the caffeine, a LOT of people would quit coffee and pop. They're hooked. It's not the horrendous withdrawal of heroin, but it does have an effect. It's not easy to quit!

Easier to do it in one swoop, IMO.

Who are these people who want to give up all of the phytochemicals and other benefits of coffee? Not me.

I'm one. Caffeine is a psychoactive drug - happier and healthier without it.

The sad thing is, I think you're serious....

Yes, I am serious.

That was my choice, others are free to make their own.
  • LumberJacck
    LumberJacck Posts: 559 Member
    Options
    What's wrong with Diet Coke?

The taste, pretty much.
  • LumberJacck
    LumberJacck Posts: 559 Member
    Options
    The OP is switching to diet Coke. There is caffeine in diet Coke. It is not caffeine withdrawal.

so my new healthy eating has started which means I am now [sic] longer drinking Diet coke or fat coke.

Ah, that makes sense... I thought it meant that the OP is now drinking diet coke aka "fat Coke" (if one believes that diet coke is for fat people).

Well then, why not drink diet Coke? It may be easier to switch to diet, then slowly decrease the amount until you are drinking none rather than just stopping.
    It isn't really harder to quit one than it is to quit the other. Both have caffeine, which makes it difficult to get off the stuff.

If it weren't for the caffeine, a LOT of people would quit coffee and pop. They're hooked. It's not the horrendous withdrawal of heroin, but it does have an effect. It's not easy to quit!

Who are these people who want to give up all of the phytochemicals and other benefits of coffee? Not me.

ETA: For most people, the benefits would outweigh any risks.

Caffeine changes my mood, and sometimes makes me do stupid things. I was addicted for years, currently 23 months "clean". Also I'd get really tired the next day after having caffeine, and need another one to perk me up.
  • ScottDowell
    ScottDowell Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    You don't need to leave it completely you can drink it is a normal way. but dont drink more then your need, keep it in modration. Remember, it also have high sugar level.
  • Charlottesometimes23
    Options

Yes, I am serious.

That was my choice, others are free to make their own.

Of course they are, but it still doesn't make the original quoted comment any more valid

"If it weren't for the caffeine, a LOT of people would quit coffee"

Coffee has several health benefits and there is no need to demonise it if it doesn't cause problems.
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    You CAN gradually reduce the amount you drink instead of quitting cold turkey...my personally preferred method is a slow, gentle weaning. ;)